What is your favorite movie of all time?

Any time someone asks this question it's always hard to answer. I've had so many favorites over the years. I love Classic Movies but I've also really enjoyed a lot of other movies through the years too.
I'd have to pick "Gone With The Wind" as being my #1 all time favorite though.
I've probably seen that movie more than any other in my lifetime.
Pulp Fictiion, Forest Gump, THe Godfather1 and 2..Those would have to be in my top 50 favorites as well. :clap2:

"My First Bath' starring a baby me and the emerging talent of my glorious penis.

Now shown in 3 D.

It used to be "It's a Wonderful Life".

But considering all the hell the year 2009 has been for me and mine, I can't support that notion right now.

How about "It's a Measly Life and Then You Die"? Will that work? ;)

Recently Zombieland moved to tie with Shaun of the Dead ... both great flicks.

You would love hanging out with my twins. They're pretty certain the Zombies are coming back and have a manual that teaches how to plan for an invasion of the Zombies. :lol:

Last night they made me watch "Night of the Living Dead" (1968) for the 7,482nd time. I am *so* sick of that flick. Blech.

I hope it becomes wonderful for you again.

Your sense of humour has earned it.

Recently Zombieland moved to tie with Shaun of the Dead ... both great flicks.

You would love hanging out with my twins. They're pretty certain the Zombies are coming back and have a manual that teaches how to plan for an invasion of the Zombies. :lol:

Last night they made me watch "Night of the Living Dead" (1968) for the 7,482nd time. I am *so* sick of that flick. Blech.

I love zombie movies ... especially humor ones. I've seen them all, even Zombies on a Plane (yes, it is a real movie!), Zombie Strippers (hilarious to), Night of the Living Dead I watch several times a year, a classic. I use to be a vampire fan, but lately vampires have become all romantic and shit, barely even monsters, but zombies are still very much monsters, even in the comedies.

too many good ones to settle on one...."m" fritz lang..."freaks" browning..."citizen cane" orson welles..
"gone with the wind", "jezabel", "dark victory", "of mice and men" "to kill a mockingbird" i could just go on and on

Dark Victory?!? A forgotten Bogart role and a great Bette Davis performance!

Citizen Kane is an obvious choice for someone who also knows Tod Browning and Fritz Lang.

Speaking of Herr Lang, have you seen Metropolis?

My favorites are Hitchcock's Lifeboat, North by Northwest and Rear Window; John Ford's The Searchers and william Wellmen's The Ox Bow Incident.

too many good ones to settle on one...."m" fritz lang..."freaks" browning..."citizen cane" orson welles..
"gone with the wind", "jezabel", "dark victory", "of mice and men" "to kill a mockingbird" i could just go on and on

Good picks... but I've never quite understood people's fascination with Citizen Kane. I found that movie to be pretty damn boring to be honest about it.
Kane is an important movie as it synthesizes everything known about talkies up to 1941. Welles cut his teeth in radio, and Kane shows off his craft exquisitely.

I really hate it when someone says their favorite movie is something that has recently came out, but....

The Dark Knight.

Just a masterpiece of a movie. Christopher Nolan though is a pretty incredible director. Memento, Prestige, Batman Begins, etc. are all good movies.

As far as older movies go, the Star Wars Trilogy (OT) is among the best, up there with the Indiana Jones movies. I'm really a big fan of Ronin and Spartan.

Mine would, obviously, be Quentin Tarantino's 'Pulp Fiction'.

I read the whole thread, and found a lot of mighty good flicks, but nobody mentioned the far-and-away, genuine cinematic masterpiece.

I'm going to suggest that you did what I did before viewing:
1) Read "The Golden Bough: A Study of Magic and Religion" by Frazer

2) Read "Heart of Darkness," by Joseph Conrad

Then tell me that "Apocalypse Now" isn't the best- ever ever ever!!

Last edited:
The Diary of Anne Frank (1959) Millie Perkins

Millie Perkins........................Anne Frank
Joseph Schildkraut................Otto Frank
Shelley Winters.....................Mrs Van Daan
Ed Wynn...............................Mr Dussell
Richard Beymer ....................Peter Van Daan
Gusti Huber..........................Mrs Frank
Lou Jacobi ............................Mr Van Daan
Diane Baker..........................Margot Frank
Douglas Spencer...................Kraler
Dody Heath...........................Miep

Last edited:
I would not call it the greatest movie ever made, but by my bucket of pop corn it is my favorate.

Little Big Man.

There are some great lines and some real historical satire:

Jack Crabb: Grandfather, I have a white wife.
Old Lodge Skins: You do? That's interesting. Does she cook and does she work hard.
Jack Crabb: Yes, Grandfather.
Old Lodge Skins: That surprises me. Does she show pleasant enthusiasm when you mount her?
Jack Crabb: Well sure, Grandfather.
Old Lodge Skins: That surprises me even more. I tried one of them once, but she didn't show any enthusiasm at all.

And

Old Lodge Skins: Let's go back to the teepee and eat, my son. My new snake wife cooks dog very well.
Jack Crabb: All right, Grandfather.
Old Lodge Skins: She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying.

Forum List

Back