What is your favorite Holiday??

Bonnie said:
Mine is Easter, followed closely by Christmas........

Thats what my Gd Jolene said...Easter followed by Christmas...I said the opposite... Christmas followed by Easter...guess it's a vets thing celebrate life before death....dunno...love ya both great choices! :kiss2:

Christmas is my favorite.... but more accurately the weeks between Thanksgiving and New Year's. I think that the anticipation and the decorations are what appeal to me the most. I'm just a kid at heart!

Easter is a nice holiday but it just doesn't have all the nice trappings of Christmas.

Easter should be treated as the more important of the two since the reason for Easter is the basis of the Christian faith, but it just didn't work out that way.

Christmas by a mile, though for the reason, not for the presents. Love having my family around and the music and movies. Not to mention cookies!!

Kathianne said:
Christmas by a mile, though for the reason, not for the presents. Love having my family around and the music and movies. Not to mention cookies!!

For sure family!! And
Oh yes those holiday cookies and cakes.

KarlMarx said:
Christmas is my favorite.... but more accurately the weeks between Thanksgiving and New Year's. I think that the anticipation and the decorations are what appeal to me the most. I'm just a kid at heart!

Easter is a nice holiday but it just doesn't have all the nice trappings of Christmas.

Easter should be treated as the more important of the two since the reason for Easter is the basis of the Christian faith, but it just didn't work out that way.

I agree, there should be presents for Easter as well... does chocolate count?? :)

Christmas. Always Christmas...and I start getting ready for it the day after Thanksgiving, and don't put it away until Jan. 1st..

Thanksgiving, no contest. Reasons? The four "F's." Feasting, Family, Football and Firing my rifle at delicious deer that make the mistake of frolicking around my stand.

I get to gorge on Thanksgiving food, lay around with my family and watch football and shoot and eat Bambi's mom...plus I'm not obligated to buy anybody anything.

Also, the keg parties with all my highschool chums and chum-ettes in my hometown are always tip top. :beer:

Thanksgiving is definately the best holiday.

4th of July (if we are still allowed to celebrate it)
friends,family, fireworks, and food (wow 4 Fs too )

oh ya--and it's very warm outside!

Shattered said:
Christmas. Always Christmas...and I start getting ready for it the day after Thanksgiving, and don't put it away until Jan. 1st..
Me too... the tree goes up the minute the turkey's and the pies are in the frig...

I wait until almost mid January to put my tree away....

I like the holidays that nobody expects anything from you. Like New Years and the Fourth of July....

The Yuletide celebration is awesome as well...

I've always loved April Fools day. It's not really a real holiday, but every year people forget that anything ridiculous they might hear that day is probably not true. The advent of the internet has really increased April Fools Day shenanigans.

The ClayTaurus said:
I've always loved April Fools day. It's not really a real holiday, but every year people forget that anything ridiculous they might hear that day is probably not true. The advent of the internet has really increased April Fools Day shenanigans.

Word of advice: Don't pick that day to get married, unless you're willing to put up the entire cost of the wedding a good 2 weeks before the actual date.. There is no "down payment to hold..." at that point.

Shattered said:
Word of advice: Don't pick that day to get married, unless you're willing to put up the entire cost of the wedding a good 2 weeks before the actual date.. There is no "down payment to hold..." at that point.

My sister got married on that day. There is nothing wrong with getting married on the date of the Pagan New Year.

They don't do a down payment hold? Never heard of that, wow. I guess I'll ask my sister about it.

no1tovote4 said:
My sister got married on that day. There is nothing wrong with getting married on the date of the Pagan New Year.

They don't do a down payment hold? Never heard of that, wow. I guess I'll ask my sister about it.

Not for that particular day.. They want everything in advance - period.. lest it be some kind of "joke".. :D Apparently, nobody gets married on April Fool's Day..

Forum List

Back