What is your favorite form of government?

"Uh-huh. For what it's worth, I AM the ruler of my domain."

Obviously you are not married.:p:

Originally posted by acludem
The truth is our founders created an entirely new form of government. They sought to combine elements of the British system, with ideas from Native American tribal governments, and the philosophies of John Locke, and others.

Democracy in the days of our nation's founding was a dirty word. It was equated with anarchy. That is why the electoral college was in the Constitution.

acludem

The whole 'the Consitution is based off Indian governments' argument is totally unproven.

On a federal level, America was designed to be a constitutional republic. Moreover, the constitution guarantees "a republican form of government" to the several states. Most states and local governments operate on a much more democratic basis nowadays, but within the bounds of some kind of constitution and/or charter.

Originally posted by Merlin1047
"Uh-huh. For what it's worth, I AM the ruler of my domain."

Obviously you are not married.:p:

ah-ha ha, nope I believe in freedom!

Just kidding, I'm just not there yet.

I'm a moderate Libertarian and a believer in free will. I advocate the maximizing of individual rights and the minimizing the role of the state. With few, if any, exceptions, adults should be free to do as they please as long as they don't interfere with the freedoms of other adults. Government should do little more than punish those who commit unwelcome fraud and violence.

Monarchy (ha!).

The ruler of your country is determined by gender and birth placement (firstborn son).
You do not have to speak the language of the country you are ruling, in fact, you don't even have to step foot in the country you are ruling (maybe a few times a year just to show 'em you care).
You become leader of the country when your old man dies (from a very unexpected and unusual hunting accident).
Or when you older kin (brother) who should rule also dies, right after pop, in another bizzare set of circumstances that involves a bow and arrow and some stairs.
You can kill your wives if they don't entertain you with an heir.
You can toss anyone who opposes you into a dark tower (in this case a white one).
And there is no such thing as 'I have enough'

Sounds pretty good huh???

Forum List

Back