What is your Favorite Cheese?

Camembert and sharp cheddar are probably the two I most often purchase.

But different cheesees work best with different foods, so the idea of a favorite cheese bearly makes sense to anyone who really respects the amazing versitility of cheese.

brie and a sharp cheddar..

i dont care for smellie cheeses....or curds....or goats cheese...i truly reconize all the cheeses out there i dont care for ....

munster sucks..need i ramble on?

Well, first comes my heritage cheeses from my mother's side and those I tend to use the most, mainly because they are a part of a good deal of my Italian dishes that I may cook...lasagna, Ravioli, stuffed shells, every kind of Risotto you can imagine, in my meatballs, manicotti, caneloni, on top of italian subs etc....and those three to five basics are Parmigiano Reggiano, Pecorino Romano, Buffalo Mozzarella, Whole milk Ricotta, and Provolone.

I personally enjoy eating any smoked cheese, Munster, Extra Sharp Cheddar with crackers, Baked Brie with French Bread, and Fresh Mozzarella with Ripe sliced tomatoes coated with a vinaigrette.

I love Feta crumbled on my greek salads and Blue cheese crumbled on my Cobb salads....

Last edited:
and i love swiss cheese on my grilled ham sandwiches
Yes...ham and Swiss on rye with a thinly spread gob of Durkee!..lightly buttered, slowly grilled until the bread is golden crunchy on the outside, served before the cheese gets rigid.

Pecorino Romano

Try it on any type of Pasta dish, its fantastic.

pecorino%20romano%20nero.jpg

Pecorino Romano

Try it on any type of Pasta dish, its fantastic.

pecorino%20romano%20nero.jpg

That happens to be my favorite, especially with my favorite recipe, that I happened to cook today. :eek:

Bucatini all'Amatriciana

This dish comes from Amatrice, a town on the border between Lazio and Abruzzi about 80 miles northeast of Rome. On the Sunday after Fer Agosto, August 15, Bucatini all'Amatriciana is served with great fanfare at local celebrations.

20081218pastaallamatriciana.jpg

Casu marzu.

but it is illegal, damn you EU!!

Don't eat it if the insects in it don't move.
You eat the maggots too? TOTALLY YUCK

For those that want to learn about the process of this cheese and even though this video is in German, you don't need to know German to follow it. Kind of long but oh so worth watching.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyL9Pn8kMZc]YouTube - casu marzu[/ame]

Forum List

Back