What is your Favorite Cheese?

Bleu, brie, and goat cheese. And feta. Also sharp cheddar.

I was introduced to goat cheese in this incredible goat cheese quiche I used to get at a coffee shop in Pendleton. For a while there I was addicted...to the quiche and the cheese itself.

It's better cooked, though. But that didn't stop me.

Favorite snack...smoked oysters, bleu cheese and either crackers (ritz) or french bread. My second son is also a push over for it.

I was introduced to goat cheese in this incredible goat cheese quiche I used to get at a coffee shop in Pendleton. For a while there I was addicted...to the quiche and the cheese itself.

Favorite snack...smoked oysters, bleu cheese and either crackers (ritz) or french bread. My second son is also a push over for it.
Never tried smoke oysters with blue cheese, but this is in our hurricane supplies every year:

Triscuits
Cheddar Cheese
Smoked oysters
Tabasco sauce

You could live happily on that for a couple of weeks.

Allie I thought Feta was goat cheese?

and did you know that mozarella was made from water buffalo milk??

It's good with roasted garlic, too. My sis-in-law makes it for an appetizer all the time.

Feta is sheep's milk, btw. I don't like it but I love goat cheese.

Allie I thought Feta was goat cheese?

There are a lot of goat cheeses, i.e., cheese made from goat's milk.
But soft goat cheese is packaged as goat cheese. Let me see what other names it has...oh, chevre.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/goatcheesetips.htm

Last edited:

Forum List

Back