what is your favorite candy?

Chocolate. Somebody else said that, I know. Brown rich thick American, European CHOCOLATE. Hershey's milk chocolate, even the word I can almost taste it. It's a beautiful thing.

A bonzi question....

Man over the past 6 months I got so addicted to Reese peanut butter cups I must eat three snack bags full a week.

To think I used to never eat candy for the past 35 years....

Depends on my mood, Reese's are always good though. I can get going on candy corn and caramels too.

Chocolate. Somebody else said that, I know. Brown rich thick American, European CHOCOLATE. Hershey's milk chocolate, even the word I can almost taste it. It's a beautiful thing.

Those white chocolate Crackles ......they can make my mouth water.

Black licorice. As a kid I would always trade my colored jellybeans for the other kids' black ones. They were more than happy to comply!

I buy it now at Fresh Market, a high-end supermarket chain. It's from Australia, and is soft and gooey. So good!

I also like Swedish Fish, if they're fresh.

It took a while, however the electrons buzzing around finally did a recall. I will never allow Type 2 diabetics or a doctor stand in the way of an freezer cooled Heath bar. I was so hung up on fudge with bacon thanks to Cecile. Now I am thinking of a Heath or Skor bar with bacon bits. I thought of writing Hershey and suggesting just that with emphasis on genuine bacon not some artificial ingredient. But I can see problems with age and storage. Rancid bacon is not a plus. Also, gum drops are up on my list, but Heath takes top spot.

It's really easy to just make your own bacon fudge. Get a jar of marshmallow fluff and follow the instructions for easy fudge on the jar. Use Ghirardelli's semi-sweet chocolate or some other quality cooking chocolate. Cook the bacon crispy, and assemble as instructed.

Thanks, the next shopping day I shall give it a try. In fact, I've gotta try it! It makes perfect sense, salt and chocolate are a match made in heaven when not abused. Throw in some ham/bacon flavoring and ZAP! How many slices of bacon do you use? A full package seems a bit much, but then what do I know?

I typically use one-half package of thick-cut bacon (make sure you get thick-cut, because it gives a much better texture when crumbled than the regular cut does) per batch of fudge. If you want to add nuts with that (I never do, but that's up to you), then you may or may not want to cut back on the bacon. All depends on personal taste, and I can promise that if you like bacon and chocolate, you'll be experimenting with this recipe a lot in the future.

Now, if I'm going to buy candy, and not just grabbing a candy bar because I need a quick shot of sugar, I like to buy bags of Lindor's Truffles, the chocolate chip flavor. With my blood-sugar issues, I can't eat more than one at a time, so it's a nice treat to hide from the kids and savor just one every now and then. I also get myself one every time I go to JoAnn's or Michael's.

Non-chocolate candies? yes to red & black licorice (red vines brands, not twizzlers). Also another good one is a payday bar.

If You love Paydays, you will love these. Get the ones in the plastic container!!

Halavah, chocolate or vanilla or marble

halvah_loaf_marble.jpg

Forum List

Back