what is your favorite candy?

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
A bonzi question....

Man over the past 6 months I got so addicted to Reese peanut butter cups I must eat three snack bags full a week.

To think I used to never eat candy for the past 35 years....

I tend to like M&Ms now and then. I also like Score candy bars. Other than that...not much out there I like any more.

chocolate.....most anything with chocolate.

Reese's are good, Mounds, M&M's, Hersheys, York peppermint patties......yep I am a chocoholic :)

chocolate.....most anything with chocolate.

Reese's are good, Mounds, M&M's, Hersheys, York peppermint patties......yep I am a chocoholic :)

Funny you mentioned it stoped by Wal-Mart on the way home from work tonight and picked up some York peperment pattys.

That's what's great about getting old your face don't break out, but like it don't really matter anyways :)

A bonzi question....

Man over the past 6 months I got so addicted to Reese peanut butter cups I must eat three snack bags full a week.

To think I used to never eat candy for the past 35 years....

Caramel creams. Pretty much anything caramel gets my vote.

Of course, I have to limit my sugar intake, so it also helps if it's a candy that can be made into a sugar-free version that still tastes good.

I quit eating candy a while back but Reese's Cups were among my favorite. Hell, anything chocolate and sweet was good.

Pretty much any good quality chocolate.

Oh, and homemade candy. I make a bacon fudge to die for.

bbbbbbacon????

but yes on the homemade candy. the peanut butter bars that are like Reese's.....they were gone within minutes

Bacon. You take thick-cut bacon, lay it out on a broiler pan, and dust it with brown sugar or maple syrup, and then bake it until it's crispy (the broiler pan will allow the grease to drop away from the bacon). If you're feeling really fancy, you can mix some bourbon into the sugar/syrup before coating. When it's done, you crumble it and mix it into the fudge in place of pecans or walnuts.

With the fudge, the secret is the chocolate. ALWAYS use good-quality semi-sweet chocolate. Nestle's will not get it done, and will give you a bad consistency. I personally always use Ghirardelli's.

bbbbbbacon????

but yes on the homemade candy. the peanut butter bars that are like Reese's.....they were gone within minutes

Bacon. You take thick-cut bacon, lay it out on a broiler pan, and dust it with brown sugar or maple syrup, and then bake it until it's crispy (the broiler pan will allow the grease to drop away from the bacon). If you're feeling really fancy, you can mix some bourbon into the sugar/syrup before coating. When it's done, you crumble it and mix it into the fudge in place of pecans or walnuts.

With the fudge, the secret is the chocolate. ALWAYS use good-quality semi-sweet chocolate. Nestle's will not get it done, and will give you a bad consistency. I personally always use Ghirardelli's.

I don't think I'd be willing to try something like that. Only because 2 of my favorite sweets are chocolate & cheesecake. Separately they are the BOMB and one time I seen a chocolate cheesecake & had to try it. Both of my favs in one place together should be the ultimate...right??? OMG, I almost puked. It was nasty & almost kept me away from both, after that. And somehow mixing bacon & chocolate would scare me enough to not try it.

Somethings just aren't the same if mixed.

bbbbbbacon????

Please, stop it! You are killing me! OMG, a wonderful fudge with BACON bits! Next time you build a batch go ahead and add some chopped nuts and keep me posted. AW shucks, why did you have to post that? I won't be worth a hoot for the next week! Damn!

It took a while, however the electrons buzzing around finally did a recall. I will never allow Type 2 diabetics or a doctor stand in the way of an freezer cooled Heath bar. I was so hung up on fudge with bacon thanks to Cecile. Now I am thinking of a Heath or Skor bar with bacon bits. I thought of writing Hershey and suggesting just that with emphasis on genuine bacon not some artificial ingredient. But I can see problems with age and storage. Rancid bacon is not a plus. Also, gum drops are up on my list, but Heath takes top spot.

It took a while, however the electrons buzzing around finally did a recall. I will never allow Type 2 diabetics or a doctor stand in the way of an freezer cooled Heath bar. I was so hung up on fudge with bacon thanks to Cecile. Now I am thinking of a Heath or Skor bar with bacon bits. I thought of writing Hershey and suggesting just that with emphasis on genuine bacon not some artificial ingredient. But I can see problems with age and storage. Rancid bacon is not a plus. Also, gum drops are up on my list, but Heath takes top spot.

It's really easy to just make your own bacon fudge. Get a jar of marshmallow fluff and follow the instructions for easy fudge on the jar. Use Ghirardelli's semi-sweet chocolate or some other quality cooking chocolate. Cook the bacon crispy, and assemble as instructed.

It's really easy to just make your own bacon fudge. Get a jar of marshmallow fluff and follow the instructions for easy fudge on the jar. Use Ghirardelli's semi-sweet chocolate or some other quality cooking chocolate. Cook the bacon crispy, and assemble as instructed.

Thanks, the next shopping day I shall give it a try. In fact, I've gotta try it! It makes perfect sense, salt and chocolate are a match made in heaven when not abused. Throw in some ham/bacon flavoring and ZAP! How many slices of bacon do you use? A full package seems a bit much, but then what do I know?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back