What is your favorite Art style/Artist?

I am rather found of Paul Klee's body of work as a whole, though some works moreso than others. He blended a few different movements into his style. I am more fond of his cubism heavy paintings.
Show us.

Show you what
The works you like.
klee.jpg

Now leave me alone with all your downloading and uploading demands :50:

Whimsical makes me happy too. But it has to be cute whimsical...not wild and cray cray.

fdecc5fe648cedcbe6e9944872e001e5.jpg

I've always been partial to the impressionists revolutionary use of light. I myself am an artist, their techniques have had great influence on my work.

Pierre-Auguste Renoir - Wikipedia
Pierre-Auguste Renoir, commonly known as Auguste Renoir (/ˈrɛnwɑːr, rɛnˈwɑːr/ REN-wahr, ren-WAHR;[1] French: [pjɛʁ oɡyst ʁənwaʁ]; 25 February 1841 – 3 December 1919), was a French artist who was a leading painter in the development of the Impressionist style. As a celebrator of beauty and especially feminine sensuality, it has been said that "Renoir is the final representative of a tradition which runs directly from Rubens to Watteau."[2]

He was the father of actor Pierre Renoir (1885–1952), filmmaker Jean Renoir (1894–1979) and ceramic artist Claude Renoir (1901–1969). He was the grandfather of the filmmaker Claude Renoir (1913–1993), son of Pierre.

pierre-auguste-renoir.jpg!Portrait.jpg
fine-art-printsyoung-girls-at-the-piano-1892-i67450.jpg
le-moulin-de-la-galette_m7_pierre-auguste-renoir__27032__91804.1565903935.jpg

I'm also fascinated with divisionism, as I think it gave scientists and engineers idea where to go to produce the first T.V.s

This one is at the Chicago Art institue, everyone should go see it at least once in their life, it is featured in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. It is nearly 7 feet high by 10 feet long.

A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte
1280px-Georges_Seurat_-_A_Sunday_on_La_Grande_Jatte_--_1884_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

1280px-Van_Gogh_-_Starry_Night_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

I've always been partial to the impressionists revolutionary use of light. I myself am an artist, their techniques have had great influence on my work.

Pierre-Auguste Renoir, commonly known as Auguste Renoir (/ˈrɛnwɑːr, rɛnˈwɑːr/ REN-wahr, ren-WAHR;[1] French: [pjɛʁ oɡyst ʁənwaʁ]; 25 February 1841 – 3 December 1919), was a French artist who was a leading painter in the development of the Impressionist style. As a celebrator of beauty and especially feminine sensuality, it has been said that "Renoir is the final representative of a tradition which runs directly from Rubens to Watteau."[2]

He was the father of actor Pierre Renoir (1885–1952), filmmaker Jean Renoir (1894–1979) and ceramic artist Claude Renoir (1901–1969). He was the grandfather of the filmmaker Claude Renoir (1913–1993), son of Pierre.

I'm also fascinated with divisionism, as I think it gave scientists and engineers idea where to go to produce the first T.V.s

This one is at the Chicago Art institue, everyone should go see it at least once in their life, it is featured in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. It is nearly 7 feet high by 10 feet long.

1280px-Georges_Seurat_-_A_Sunday_on_La_Grande_Jatte_--_1884_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

My work is full of impressionist pieces (many of which are really bad). I hate it now because it just reminds me of work. Negative associations and all that.

I'm a little older-fashioned....

In November of 1966 After 40 days of rain, the Arno River laid waste to Florence. Ghiberti’s great doors of the Baptistery were knocked down; the Cimabue Crucifix, possibly the greatest example of medieval art in Italy, was reduced to a mound of sodden plaster; Michelangelo’s David was fouled to his buttocks in fuel oil. Thousands of illuminated manuscripts in the Biblioteca Nazionale were buried in muck, and hundreds of old master paintings stored in the basement of the Uffizi Gallery flaked away leaving paint chips and mud.
This one always spoke to me:

300px-Cimabue_025.jpg

I lean towards realism (any style). No fav artist, actually. If it grabs my eye and makes me happy looking at it..then that's what I like. :)

Realism.jpg

original-oil-painting-fine-art-surreal-realism-still-life-penguin-beach-ball-ocean-sky-clouds

amorsolo.jpg
I don't have a favorite artist, but I do enjoy watching great art being created.

My work is full of impressionist pieces (many of which are really bad). I hate it now because it just reminds me of work. Negative associations and all that.

Yeah, I never thought that was very fair at Uni. how they made us work 2 to 4 times as much in class, and 10 times as much out of class as any other major just to get the same amount of credit.

I didn't mind though. Most normal folks don't understand how this school and the Greeks revolutionized how humanity created and viewed art. I understand how it makes you think of doing art as WORK. It is quite strict in application.

I haven't actually done any work myself since college except for a few projects here and there for friends. And to teach my kid the basics. It sapped all drive right out of me. :71:

I lean towards realism (any style). No fav artist, actually. If it grabs my eye and makes me happy looking at it..then that's what I like. :)

Realism.jpg

original-oil-painting-fine-art-surreal-realism-still-life-penguin-beach-ball-ocean-sky-clouds

amorsolo.jpg
I enjoy all art as long as it is tasteful and good as above.

I like Salvatore and his kind. In fact, my avatar was the first real art painting I really noticed....I gazed at it and thought, WTF is this???Lol

Realism.jpg

amorsolo.jpg
I like realism, too. I'm partial to Andrew Wyeth (if my avi wasn't a clue).
6c2847655ce90138b22886b50de13138.jpg

Forum List

Back