What is your dream vehicle?

Cain

Air Force DEP
Nov 14, 2010
Tennessee
So, everyone list their dream vehicle, and if they ever intend to buy them.

What: My dream vehicle is a 2010-2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Pick Up ST, Crew Cab, Short Bed. The only add on I'd want is the 32 gallon tank add on, Protection Group add on, and Engine Block Heater add on. In the end, it averages at 32 thousand, but I am planning on saving up for 3 years, so it'll probably be more like 25 thousand, and I get a 10% discount on any MOPAR related items (includes vehicles), so I'll be able to buy it out-right (have a serious fear of payment plans). I honestly do not care much for changing the type, I mean, the Big Horn looks nice and has a lot, but honestly, you can get 90% of what a Big Horn has added on later, the only reason I will ever trade vehicles is when I start my own farm outside of the family farm, I'll need a 3500 (maybe even a 4500 ;)) for hauling trailers/etc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why: I simply LOVE the space in trucks, I love that their higher up, and I love that you can carry almost anything (except trailers, you can do that with a 1500 but I do not advise it). It would come in real handy going post to post, just throw my duffel bags in the back and haul ***.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When: After 3 years in the military, I will have enough saved up (have enough to do a serious down payment right now anyways) to buy it outright, and get a good insurance plan for it.
Where: Where I end up being stationed, I hope to be out of the US for the first 3 years, but you never know, I could end up in Eielson or Hickam [Alaska or Hawaii] but I just hope I get to do a few combat tours in that time.
How: Money, lots and lots of the green stuff.
Who: Me!
Anyways, what is your dream vehicle?

Audi S8.
I was always an Audi freak. Nowadays, there are also more powerful cars like R8 produced by Audi, but back in my youth, the S8 was always the top model.

It is a conservative looking car, perfectly suited also as family car.
And also very safe. It is the business top-model which Audi manufactures (A8), just as Sports version S8.

quickykopie.jpg

I'm already driving my dream vehicle. It's a 2010 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ - black in color with lots of crome. The only thing this baby doesn't have is the ability to drive it's own self.

What: My dream vehicle is a 2010-2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Pick Up ST, Crew Cab, Short Bed. The only add on I'd want is the 32 gallon tank add on, Protection Group add on, and Engine Block Heater add on. In the end, it averages at 32 thousand, but I am planning on saving up for 3 years, so it'll probably be more like 25 thousand, and I get a 10% discount on any MOPAR related items (includes vehicles), so I'll be able to buy it out-right (have a serious fear of payment plans). I honestly do not care much for changing the type, I mean, the Big Horn looks nice and has a lot, but honestly, you can get 90% of what a Big Horn has added on later, the only reason I will ever trade vehicles is when I start my own farm outside of the family farm, I'll need a 3500 (maybe even a 4500 ;)) for hauling trailers/etc
Why: I simply LOVE the space in trucks, I love that their higher up, and I love that you can carry almost anything (except trailers, you can do that with a 1500 but I do not advise it). It would come in real handy going post to post, just throw my duffel bags in the back and haul ***.
When: After 3 years in the military, I will have enough saved up (have enough to do a serious down payment right now anyways) to buy it outright, and get a good insurance plan for it.
Where: Where I end up being stationed, I hope to be out of the US for the first 3 years, but you never know, I could end up in Eielson or Hickam [Alaska or Hawaii] but I just hope I get to do a few combat tours in that time.

Mine is the one I bought and paid for in `07. A Honda CR-V with moonroof. I still love it very much. One roomy dude with a fab 6 CD player. I mix and burn my own CDs and crank them full blast, usually. Taffeta White with sparkling silver highlights. Oh myyy. What exciting rides we take...:lol:

Dude, soon as you get out of Basic just go finance the truck. Military life doesn't come with much expenses, so you can pay it off quickly with your base pay while you live and eat for free.

Dude, soon as you get out of Basic just go finance the truck. Military life doesn't come with much expenses, so you can pay it off quickly with your base pay while you live and eat for free.

I would rather wait. I HATE payments, I am not going to buy my farm until I have finance through the family, and only if I can pay off at LEAST 1/3 of it then and there.

I would rather wait. I HATE payments, I am not going to buy my farm until I have finance through the family, and only if I can pay off at LEAST 1/3 of it then and there.
I guess man, I don't know.

You can have it direct debited and you'll never even have to deal with the payments.

Your base pay is going to be something like $1600/mo, depending what grade you're coming in at.

The truck payment would probably be like $400, and with insurance you're looking at like $500-600/mo total for both.

So you still have $1000 left each month and you live and eat for free.

What's the big deal?

You can have it direct debited and you'll never even have to deal with the payments.

Your base pay is going to be something like $1600/mo, depending what grade you're coming in at.

The truck payment would probably be like $400, and with insurance you're looking at like $500-600/mo total for both.

What's the big deal?

Well, you also have to add: Gas, Life Insurance, Accessories, I am just really stingy lol sorry.

Also, my exact pay is: $1705.80 a month. (E-3 Airman First Class) cause I signed up for 6 years instead of 4, although I am debating to change that to 8, but not sure, if their is anything else gained by 8 over 6, probably.

Also, I am requesting to go overseas for the first 3 years, to get based overseas, and do combat tours would mean very little time for a vehicle at all.

Since everyone is putting up a picture:
imgres

Last edited:

What's the big deal?

Well, you also have to add: Gas, Life Insurance, Accessories, I am just really stingy lol sorry.

Also, my exact pay is: $1705.80 a month. (E-3 Airman First Class) cause I signed up for 6 years instead of 4, although I am debating to change that to 8, but not sure, if their is anything else gained by 8 over 6, probably.

Also, I am requesting to go overseas for the first 3 years, to get based overseas, and do combat tours would mean very little time for a vehicle at all.
Alright, well my advice to you though is to make sure you have at least SOME kind of vehicle for tech school. Keesler and Sheppard have transportation on base and shit to do right outside the gate, mine didn't have any of that and having no vehicle was murder.

But you still wanna have the car so you can have freedom, and it will definitely get you laid :D

What's the big deal?

Alright, well my advice to you though is to make sure you have at least SOME kind of vehicle for tech school. Keesler and Sheppard have transportation on base and shit to do right outside the gate, mine didn't have any of that and having no vehicle was murder.

But you still wanna have the car so you can have freedom, and it will definitely get you laid :D

Well, right now I have 2 vehicles technically. A 1989 Chevy Silverado tiger-stripped, and a 2003 Mustang, but I don't want to take either with me.

lol, as much as getting laid sounds fun, I am held by my promises meine freund.

Mid to late 1960s Ford Mustangs, Chevrolet Camaros, Pontiac Firebirds - and orig old-fashinioned VW Bugs. (the newest reincarnation are POS)

Forum List

Back