What is YOUR definition of 'God'?

He is both knowable and unknowable. He is both mighty and meek. He is both logical and illogical. He is the infinite to both extremes. He simply IS.

Thanks for trying, but that's the most generic, say nothing with a lot of words clap-trap that I've heard in a long time.

And it's a campaign year! :eek:

Allah is the Light [2996] of the heavens and the earth,[2997]
The parable of His Light is as if there were a niche,
And within it a Lamp: The Lamp enclosed in Glass;[2998]
The glass as it were a brilliant star;[2999]
Lit from a blessed Tree,[3000]
An Olive, neither of the East nor of the West,[3001]
Whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it;[3002]
Light upon Light!
Allah doth set forth parables for men: and Allah doth know all things.

My definition of God is He's my "go to " guy. I go to Him every day....i talk to Him everyday....He helps me daily to get through the day! If i'm stressed, i talk to Him....and the stress goes away. If i need an answer to a problem, it may take some time, but He does show me a way!

God is all knowing, all loving, and my strength every day!!!!

Lol this isn't my definition Joe. This is a verse of him.

Good to know...

Defining God without resorting to scripture or quotes is difficult... kind of a strange phenomenon in America, considering most of the Deities worshiped here are promoted as 'personal' Gods.

It also, in my humble opinion, says something about religions based on ancient stories of origins. Their Gods being difficult to define, that is...

Good to know...

Defining God without resorting to scripture or quotes is difficult... kind of a strange phenomenon in America, considering most of the Deities worshiped here are promoted as 'personal' Gods.

It also, in my humble opinion, says something about religions based on ancient stories of origins. Their Gods being difficult to define, that is...

What do you exactly mean by define him?

I don't go in depth on his characteristics.

For me his The One. The first definition I have for him.

In my faith tradition, all personified deities ("Gods") are human constucts created as a means of social control.

Last edited:

Good to know...

Who is God? What is God? What difference does God make?

Me? God = Luck. Good Luck / Bad Luck = Blessings & Tests.

Some productive days you're the hammer, and some productive days you're the nail.
Does it really make a difference in 100 years? :dunno:

Good to know...

Who is God? What is God? What difference does God make?

Me? God = Luck. Good Luck / Bad Luck = Blessings & Tests.

Some productive days you're the hammer, and some productive days you're the nail.
Does it really make a difference in 100 years? :dunno:

Will answer tomorrow. Going to bed now. :cool:

What is YOUR definition of 'God'? ~AvgJoe

My own definition and perception of "God" is Love. Pure and simple.
I have a very deep and personal relationship with whom I call "God"...and that is all that matters to me.

Forum List

Back