What is your comfort food?

OMG the choices are endless! I think the easier question would have been 'what don't you like'

Agree... I pretty much eat anything with the exception of Liver... Its not because its liver or gross, I just don't care for the taste... Never have... Hell I eat calf brains, beef tongue and mountain oysters... But not...

th

OMG the choices are endless! I think the easier question would have been 'what don't you like'

Agree... I pretty much eat anything with the exception of Liver... Its not because its liver or gross, I just don't care for the taste... Never have... Hell I eat calf brains, beef tongue and mountain oysters... But not...

th

We do eat liver & onions here but I don't really like the smell of raw liver. I have had beef tongue when I was a kid, but couldn't get over the look & idea of it laying there on the serving plate. I don't remember the taste though. I've never tried to cook one & now that I think of it, haven't seen one in the stores in ages.

I don't think I've ever had mountain oysters and wouldn't be against trying it.......but calf brains? I think I'll pass

There’s nothing like a good chicken parmigiana.

(Or anything Italian for that matter.)

Homemade is the best.

Have you tried fried bread? Take a small puff of dough & roll it out to about 1/8-1/4 inch thick, cut a couple slits in the center & fry in some hot butter until well browned, turn to brown the other side. Smear with plenty of butter.
You can also use honey, peanut butter, jam, etc

Good stuff

That sounds delicious. And deadly.

glazed donut krispy kreme nuke in microwave for 10 secs
scoop of a rich ice cream....
drizzle with chocolate sauce

lifts left arm showing medical alert bracelet and that lades and gentleman is how you dev. diabetes

Homemade is the best.

Have you tried fried bread? Take a small puff of dough & roll it out to about 1/8-1/4 inch thick, cut a couple slits in the center & fry in some hot butter until well browned, turn to brown the other side. Smear with plenty of butter.

Good stuff

Indian fry bread is the food of the Gods. It's cooked in oil though.

I'm pretty sure I could live solely on that stuff. I've never made it but I might try to tomorrow.

Homemade is the best.

Good stuff

That sounds delicious. And deadly.

It could be But if you make adjustments on your other meals, you can partake of its wonders.

Good tortilla chips
Homemade bread and rolls
Chocolate
Toasted almond ice cream
Cheeseburgers

Homemade is the best.

Good stuff

I'm pretty sure I could live solely on that stuff. I've never made it but I might try to tomorrow.

I have cooked it in a little oil, but prefer a dab of butter.........and I don't know if it's officially 'Indian fry bread' recipe that you see sold on the market. I've never tried it. Is that fry bread made with plain bread dough or does it have cornmeal or other ingredients? Isn't it deep fried? IDK

I just know my great grandmother (who was 1/2 Cherokee) would do this in a small fry pan, using regular bread dough. The top & bottom are brown & crusty, with a fluffy center.....dammit, now I gotta make some

Homemade is the best.

Good stuff

I have cooked it in a little oil, but prefer a dab of butter.........and I don't know if it's officially 'Indian fry bread' recipe that you see sold on the market. I've never tried it. Is that fry bread made with plain bread dough or does it have cornmeal or other ingredients? Isn't it deep fried? IDK

I just know my great grandmother (who was 1/2 Cherokee) would do this in a small fry pan, using regular bread dough. The top & bottom are brown & crusty, with a fluffy center.....dammit, now I gotta make some
Yep. For these:

Navajo Tacos Recipe - Genius Kitchen

Homemade is the best.

Good stuff

If you do, I find it's best to let the dough raise atleast once.....an hour or hour & a half? Then knead it for a few minutes to get the air pockets out. Pinch off a piece about the size of a jumbo egg or the size of a small ball that fits in the palm of your cupped hand. Roll it out flat, cut a couple of slits in the center

Homemade is the best.

Good stuff

If you do, I find it's best to let the dough raise atleast once.....an hour or hour & a half? Then knead it for a few minutes to get the air pockets out. Pinch off a piece about the size of a jumbo egg or the size of a small ball that fits in the palm of your cupped hand. Roll it out flat, cut a couple of slits in the center

What is it with the slits? Some tribes put a hole in the center and, that has to be related to the same thing; but I don't understand why or what it does that makes it different.

Homemade is the best.

Good stuff

Yep. For these:

Navajo Tacos Recipe - Genius Kitchen

oooh those sound good too, but yep different than what I do. As I said I don't know if grandma's recipe was like that or not. I just have the memory of her doing fry bread & loving it. So when I was doing my own cooking I tried to recreate it, but didn't think about the actual ingredients or process........since I would often make homemade bread anyway, I just used that

Hot turkey sandwich, mashed potatoes, and, stuffing. Gravy on everything, please and thank you.

Forum List

Back