CDZ What is your assessment of reddit's political ideology?

ChairmanGonzalo

Oct 6, 2016
For those of you who use reddit, I am interested in seeing what side of the political isle reddit leans towards.

I personally believe that reddit leans on the right side of the political spectrum, with a very strong libertarian streak. I say this because reddit seems to harbor many right wing beliefs such as a staunch support for gun ownership, disdain of college political activism and protest, a blind support of Israel, and in some cases, a very ugly attitude of hate towards civil rights groups like the Black Lives Matter movement and distrust towards college rape victims.

However, reddit still gets some things right, such as opposing most foreign wars, support LGBTQ rights, and having a health distrust of religious fundamentalism. For every hate subreddit such as r/tia, there are also one or two subreddits such as r/sh*tredditsays and r/circlebroke which call out the rampant racism and misogyny they see in other redditors.

I am interested to see if any fellow redditors on this forum agree with my assessments of reddit, or whether you see things a different way.

Seems it just eschews sincerity for nihilism and cynicism. I can't pinpoint an overriding ideology.

Isnt Reddit a forum? How does an internet forum have an "ideology?"

Forum List

Back