What is wrong with what Akin said???

Here is exactly what Akin said that EVERYONE is SO.... upset with!!!

It seems to me, first of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let's assume that maybe that didn't work or something. You know, I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child.

GOP Rep. Todd Akin Criticized For Rape Comment : NPR

Again taken totally OUT of CONTEXT ...LIKE "UNCHAINED"!!!!

Akin says that if it wasn't consensual sex, but actual physical totally against the woman's will (LEGITIMATE), sometimes NATURE will NOT allow conception to occur.

So Akin asks a logical question, JUST because the woman is inconvenienced by a pregnancy why should a human being DIE??:??

Seems like a legitimate statement:
Are you in favor of killing a human being JUST because someone is INCONVENIENCED?

Studies have found approximately 5 percent of rapes result in pregnancy.

All Things Considered host Melissa Block talks with Nick Baumann of Mother Jones magazine about the belief at the core of Missouri state Rep. Todd Akin's furor-raising statement over the weekend: that "legitimate rape" rarely leads to pregnancy.

The belief that hormones or adrenaline protect women from conception during rape has been perpetuated for decades in American political discourse, without scientific basis.

BAUMANN: So, as far as we can tell from CDC and medical studies and Planned Parenthood's released some numbers of their own, there are tens of thousands of pregnancies from rape in the U.S. each year. And about 5 percent of women who are raped get pregnant. About half of those pregnancies end in abortion..

Examining The Truth About Rape And Pregnancy : NPR

I heard what he said and he also said that he had come to that conclusion based on what he had heard from physicians and experts.
Number one, he didn't cite a single one of those sources.
Number two, if he's too stupid to realize how dumb his statement is I have no time for him.
Number three, what the hell are conservatives doing now defending this idiot?
We've got shit to do. Dump the dead weight and let's take this country back!!!

I heard what he said and he also said that he had come to that conclusion based on what he had heard from physicians and experts.
Number two, if he's too stupid to realize how dumb his statement is I have no time for him.

I haven't heard anyone actually defend him.

I've heard lots of lefties CLAIM that the right is defending him, but not an actual defense.

It seems to me, first of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let's assume that maybe that didn't work or something. You know, I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child.

Akin says that if it wasn't consensual sex, but actual physical totally against the woman's will (LEGITIMATE), sometimes NATURE will NOT allow conception to occur.

So Akin asks a logical question, JUST because the woman is inconvenienced by a pregnancy why should a human being DIE??:??

Are you in favor of killing a human being JUST because someone is INCONVENIENCED?

All Things Considered host Melissa Block talks with Nick Baumann of Mother Jones magazine about the belief at the core of Missouri state Rep. Todd Akin's furor-raising statement over the weekend: that "legitimate rape" rarely leads to pregnancy.

The belief that hormones or adrenaline protect women from conception during rape has been perpetuated for decades in American political discourse, without scientific basis.

BAUMANN: So, as far as we can tell from CDC and medical studies and Planned Parenthood's released some numbers of their own, there are tens of thousands of pregnancies from rape in the U.S. each year. And about 5 percent of women who are raped get pregnant. About half of those pregnancies end in abortion..

Given the number of days in any given month that conception can occur, taking into account any other factors that might inhibit the likelihood of a pregnancy,

5% of the time seems about right for the likelihood of pregnancy occurring from a single act of intercourse, consensual or not.

It is pretty darn funny to see all these conservatives wanting to give Akin the heave-ho simply because he expressed a belief that is not supported by science.

his statements show his ignorance of the female body which does not know friendly sperm from foe...

o and let me add.....you are fucking idiot for not getting that

Perhaps, but serotonin levels from stress have an impact. Real rape is a violent and stressful event. I don't know if he's right or wrong, but I suspect that he is more right than wrong.

And we do need to address "real rape" versus "when I woke up, he was ugly," that is so often called "rape."

Hey, stupid.

If women could control when they got pregnant, they'd only get pregnant when they wanted to.

Can you believe the idiots doubling down on this?

It's right up there with comments like Katrina was punishment from God.

I haven't heard anyone actually defend him.

I've heard lots of lefties CLAIM that the right is defending him, but not an actual defense.

Right.
I wouldn't know as I'm not a regular Rush listener but I did just come across an audio link from Misty that puts the USMB lefty lies on this matter in their place.

Rush Limbaugh: Todd Akin's Comments Were 'Stupid' (AUDIO)

his statements show his ignorance of the female body which does not know friendly sperm from foe...

o and let me add.....you are fucking idiot for not getting that

Perhaps, but serotonin levels from stress have an impact. Real rape is a violent and stressful event. I don't know if he's right or wrong, but I suspect that he is more right than wrong.

And we do need to address "real rape" versus "when I woke up, he was ugly," that is so often called "rape."

Happened to you often, huh...? :eusa_clap:

A "coyote" avatar for a reason.

Is this really a serious question???? Here is what's wrong with it. Rape is rape. There are no distinguishing characteristics such as "legitimate", "maritial", "justifiable", "hate crime" or any other adjective. That's offense #1, trying to couch it in those terms so he and his filthy ilk can classify "marital rape" as justified.

The 2nd offense is that he has no clue about what he said. "Some doctors" are lunatics too and don't always have the facts and what he said is simply not true. If a woman had some magical chemistry that would prevent pregancy, we wouldn't need contraceptives and all the angry old white men in Congress and in the churches could STFU. But even it this 2nd idiotic thing he said were true, so WHAT? It doesn't lessen the significance of the rape, or the siginificance of those who get pregannt through this henious crime, or in any way justify limiting abortion or criminal charges due to these 2 eveil fairytales he spewed. THAT is why he said it--setting the groundwork for restricting abortions because of rape and for other reasons! He and any republican who feels this way should be put on a ship to a desert island where they can frolic with each other among the coconuts!

Happened to you often, huh...? :eusa_clap:

A "coyote" avatar for a reason.

it is a dingo.

and, after decades of litigation, it was finally concluded 2 months ago, that a dingo actually ate a baby.

Forum List

Back