What is Wrong With Today's Youth??

Zoom, it's a phase.

Mini Echo was of course into the "Boy Bands" like N Sync and The Jonos (?) Brothers.

Then came her Rap phase.

Then her "Hot Topic" band phase, whose names I can't even remember. (Against Me? Something Something?)

Then she and I were driving home from Michigan, listening to a Classic Rock Station out of Chicago. They were playing Zeppelin, Floyd, Beatles, Ramones, Clash, etc.....she started digging that music,,,,

Now she downloads all my CD's on her ipod, because she knows her mom has great taste in music. She's 14, so give your Mini Zoom some time to like good music!

Yeah, she went through her older sister's stuff with the the boy bands, and all the Disney boppers like Jonas bros., Miley, Selena Gomez (she's actually pretty good), old Britney. We were just watching America's Got Talent (summer tv sucks) and some guy was on doing . . .whatever . . . and his song was 'It's Raining Men'. She says 'I love that song'. :eek: Gaaaa, disco.

Isn't "We don't need no education" from "The Wall"?

Considering it's called "Another Brick in the Wall," and not "We Don't Need No Education," I think your question would be answered.

KoRn did a great cover of all 3 parts of Another Brick in the Wall.

My kids had the opposite problem ... I couldn't figure out how the hell they slept at night ... I mean, four walls and a ceiling covered with posters of Judas Priest, KISS, Van Halen, Billy Idol, Led Zeppelin ... must I go on? :lol:

Isn't "We don't need no education" from "The Wall"?

Considering it's called "Another Brick in the Wall," and not "We Don't Need No Education," I think your question would be answered.

KoRn did a great cover of all 3 parts of Another Brick in the Wall.

Oh well, who cares? It's just another rock "song". It is not like it is real music! :lol:

Immie

Thank GOD kids grow up to reject their parents taste in music and such.

Have you actually listened to the popular music of generations past?

It's drivel.

My 13 year old rolls her eyes and says 'blech' whenever I play Pink Floyd. Where did I go wrong???

As best I can tell, the mistakes are (1) being Mom and (2) drawing breath. At 13, my kidlet spoke the word "Mom" like it has twenty syllables.

She rolls her eyes at our 'oldie' music. I turned on Lawrence Welk and told her that was my parents generation, she how good you have it that ELP, Yes, etc. is your parent's music? She just goes "Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah Roma, Roma-ma GaGa, ooh la la" (Lady Gaga, Bad Romance). <sigh>

Thank GOD kids grow up to reject their parents taste in music and such.

Have you actually listened to the popular music of generations past?

It's drivel.

Could be so, but have you listened to popular music of generations present?

It's drivel.

[youtube]iEe_eraFWWs[/youtube]

Rest my case.

To be fair, the pop is drivel. The rest is pretty okay. There's actually a lot of good bands from this generation, it's not all will.i.am and Jonas Brothers.

New Topics

Forum List

Back