What is wrong with this world?????

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by DavidS, Jan 29, 2009.

1. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    War crimes investigations into Israel killing terrorists??? What about investigations into Hamas and Jihad as to how many Israelis were killed during the intifadah???? This is NUTS! Absolutely NUTS! Next thing you know, Spain will want to open investigations into the US when we finally kill Osama Bin Laden. They'll call it an outrageous abuse of human rights because he wasn't given a fair trial!

This world is becoming more and more corrupt every day and it is fucking sickening!

Israel outraged by war crimes probe | International | Jerusalem Post

Israel reacted furiously to a decision by a Spanish judge on Thursday to open a probe of seven former top security officials for alleged war crimes in the 2002 bombing in Gaza that killed top Hamas terrorist Salah Shehadeh and 14 other people.

"Someone who calls the assassination of a terrorist a crime against humanity lives in an upside-down world," Defense Minister Ehud Barak said.
    The investigation has been ordered against National Infrastructures Minister Binyamin Ben-Eliezer, who was defense minister at the time; Likud Knesset candidate Moshe Ya'alon, who was chief of General Staff; Dan Halutz, then commander of the air force; Doron Almog, who was OC Southern Command; then-National Security Council head Giora Eiland; the defense minister's military secretary, Mike Herzog; and Public Security Minister Avi Dichter, who was head of the Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency).

"Shehadeh was responsible for the murder of dozens of Israelis," Dichter told The Jerusalem Post on Thursday night. "We pursued him for a long time. The man was a terrorist responsible for dozens of attacks against Israeli civilians. He knew we were pursuing him and went from multi-story building to multi-story building. On the day of the assassination, he was in the building with his wife, who aided him, and was killed in the strike.

"To my sorrow, innocent people were harmed in the strike, and I do regret that," Dichter said.

However, he described the legal action as "absurd" and said he trusted the Foreign Ministry's ability to solve any such problems overseas.

2. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    My question is: If Israel isn't worried and has nothing to hide then why not give them a full scale open investigation to shut the haters up once and for all?

Unless they are worried about something and or there is something to hide.

Just stating the common sense of this topic.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    I know you were talking about bin laden in jest, but I remember in 2001-2002, England said if they caught bin laden, they would only hand him over to the US if we promised not to execute him.

4. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    And we all know that wasn't going to happen. He'd "accidently slip" and hang himself or something if it came down to it.

5. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    or we'd repeat the blitz until they gave him up :lol:

6. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Basically, and unlike Germany we wouldn't miss with our targets. :eusa_whistle:

7. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    This is GREAT news!!!

IsraHell is now being seen for the fascist rogue state that it really is.

Someday the whole world will demand that the terrorist ZioNazis who rule this evil nation be arrested and tried for crimes against humanity.

8. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,009
    It never works that way. People with agendas twist and turn everything. One does not willingly give a foreign power ANY authority for ANY reason freely. My question of course being what the fuck jurisdiction does Spain have to begin with? Israel should tell them to mind their own business.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    israel's actions are subject to spanish jurisdiction......when is spain putting itself on trial for its treatment of the basque.....

10. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Spain really has no jurisdiction here unless I missed a certain law somewhere down the line.

I agree that people with agendas twist and turn everything but Israel has more to lose by acting secretive with something to hide then being open on the issue. It doesn't mean letting them have full access to your country or anything.