What is wrong with this picture?

wait a minute, wasnt that used as a selling point for Bill Clinton?

Nope! It wasn't a selling point for Carter either. :lol:

url

“Paintings are like a beer, only beer tastes good and it's hard to stop drinking beer.” - Billy Carter
Billy Carter - Beer Soaked Brother of a President

wow, good to know the important issues facing this country might once again come down to who you'd have a beer with...that's what got us 8 years of Bush :cuckoo:

The point I was making obviously is that they couldn't appear more dissimilar in appearance. They don't even actually look like they were standing together when the photo was taken...it looks photoshopped to me.

and where the hell is Bridget McCain?

I guess Meghan might start saying she's an only child too, just like her mother LOL

7 years without a recession...4.5% unemployment

millions of people having a chance at freedom in the ME

I'd take 8 more years of Bush in a heartbeat.....
I look at reality, not bullshit left wing propaganda....

7 years without a recession...4.5% unemployment

millions of people having a chance at freedom in the ME

I'd take 8 more years of Bush in a heartbeat.....
I look at reality, not bullshit left wing propaganda....

:lol: thanks for the laugh. so your criteria is that it only took Bush 7 years to put us back in the recession left behind by his father and undone by Clinton?

and last time I checked we aren't the saviors of the world, how do you know the people in the ME wanted our brand of freedom? perhaps they think the price was too high especially since they aren't exactly free yet.

No, I really haven't decided. I love Palin -- not so fond of McCain or his wife. I like Biden, but I'm not so fond of Barack. Again, since my choice for the presidential candidate didn't win, I'm torn. But I think John and Cindy are out out of touch with the average working class schlep like myself. I believe Palin and Obama are more blue collar than any other candidate. I'm split on the tickets so again . . . I'll watch the debates and then decide form whom I'll vote. At least I'm not ignorant to the fact that no ticket is perfect.

so you're voting in hopes that McCain dies in office and Palin becomes President? because that is really the only way her supposed "executive" experience will be put to use.

Right.....cuzz other than waiting for the president to die....the VP serves no purpose.

[/QUOTE]
You might mean that beautiful, intelligent women have always been able to lead horny men around by their dicks to get exactly what they want but make no mistake, women have never "ruled the world"[/QUOTE]

Thats some kind of a contri"dick"tory statement.

Honestly, if a green individual was the best candidate I'd vote for "it" whether "it" was a man or a women. Really -- let's just vote for the best candidate - regardless of what party or what planet they're from.

Right.....cuzz other than waiting for the president to die....the VP serves no purpose.

Well Cheney is the first VP who had as much power as the President so I gues it's possible since McCain wants to be Bush 2.0 he could give Palin executive power too.

Otherwise the VP's official duty is President of the Senate there to cast a vote in the event of a deadlock and also to preside over and certify the official vote count of the Electoral college. The Constitution assigns no executive powers to the VP and in performance of their duties the VP is acting as an agent of the President.

You might mean that beautiful, intelligent women have always been able to lead horny men around by their dicks to get exactly what they want but make no mistake, women have never "ruled the world"

Thats some kind of a contri"dick"tory statement.

do they really rule the world if they have to manipulate a man to get what they want? I don't think so. just sayin *and I'm a woman*

Last edited:
Well Cheney is the first VP who had as much power as the President so I gues it's possible since McCain wants to be Bush 2.0 he could give Palin executive power too.

Otherwise the VP's official duty is President of the Senate there to cast a vote in the event of a deadlock and also to preside over and certify the official vote count of the Electoral college. The Constitution assigns no executive powers to the VP and in performance of their duties the VP is acting as an agent of the President.

do they really rule the world if they have to manipulate a man to get what they want? I don't think so. just sayin *and I'm a woman*

I'm guessing you have something to back up the Cheney power and presidential thingy?

I'm glad your're a women. but I have to tell you, women may not rule the world, but if you think that women don't have a strong influential affect on the men they're behind, I think you're sadly mistaken.

Hey Silence . . . . loved your comment about the Republican machine. As an independent, I love commentary from both the Republicans and the Democrats. I love the banter!!!!

I'm guessing you have something to back up the Cheney power and presidential thingy?

:lol: well no documents to speak of..... but the washington post did a four part series on his role as VP and it's clear he has played a major, if not unprecedented role in the Bush Adminstration.

Angler: The Cheney Vice Presidency | washingtonpost.com

eta: SFC, I think women have an influence but that is not the same as having the real power.

Last edited:
if she were born in 1993, as I've read, she's 15 not 17.

I just found it strange that only his celebutante daughter would be pictured.

That's when the adoption was final she was born on July 21, 1991. She's 17.

Bridget McCain Is John McCain’s Daughter Right Pundits

Bridget McCain Biography

Bridget McCain was born in 1991 in Bangladesh. She is 16-years-old. As stated above, she was adopted by John and Cindy McCain when she was just a few months old from an orphanage run by Mother Teresa. She was brought to the United States by Cindy McCain to receive medical treatment for a severe cleft palate and other medical issues. By the time Cindy got her home, she had decided to adopt her and John was receptive to the adoption.

“Well it was primarily my wife’s Cindy’s idea. She was in Bangladesh and she and some of the medical personnel visited Mother Theresa’s orphanage to try and help the children there. There were two little baby girls there. One had a heart problem the other a severe cleft palate. Cindy was very concerned about their ability to survive and their need for medical treatment, so she decided to bring them here for medical treatment. She fell in love with both of them. We decided to adopt Bridget. Two close friends of ours adopted Mickey, the other child.”—John McCain

Bridget is in high school. She attends private school in Arizona. She says her parents are her idols. She plays basketball and volleyball and likes hanging out with her friends. She is living with her future sister-in-law, Tess, while her parents are on the campaign trail.

As for Bridget being on the campaign trail. She was in 2000. Again maybe, just maybe, she wants to be a normal average teenager and having a mic and camera shoved in her face with every step she takes. I'm proud of McCain for not forcing it upon her. She's chosen to stay in the shadows. After the crap said about her in the 2000 election, I wouldn't blame her. BTW she found out about what happened a few years ago. I wouldn't blame her for not wanting to go through that again.

Well if she were on the trail in 2000 I can certainly see why she'd be leery about going out again. She had a rough go of it in that election season I'm sure. But someone should tell her the Repugs are behind her dad now so she's gonna be treated much better this time around. :eusa_whistle:

Thanks for the clarification on her age. I read that they got her when she was 10 weeks old and thought it said 1993.

Well if she were on the trail in 2000 I can certainly see why she'd be leery about going out again. She had a rough go of it in that election season I'm sure. But someone should tell her the Repugs are behind her dad now so she's gonna be treated much better this time around. :eusa_whistle:

Thanks for the clarification on her age. I read that they got her when she was 10 weeks old and thought it said 1993.
oh please

there was a claim of a push poll in SC and ONLY in SC
it wasnt something plastered all over the country

:lol: thanks for the laugh. so your criteria is that it only took Bush 7 years to put us back in the recession left behind by his father and undone by Clinton?

and last time I checked we aren't the saviors of the world, how do you know the people in the ME wanted our brand of freedom? perhaps they think the price was too high especially since they aren't exactly free yet.

There is no" back "to a recession....
the last recession was in 2001 and there has been no recession since....
there has barely been any negative growth quarters since Bush took office...save for 1 or 2 at the most....
I'm not gonna look it up for you, but maybe you might to do a little research instead of reading the left wing blogs for your news....

and the people in the ME don't have to embrace our brand of freedom...but some of them now are free to choose what type of freedom they want.....we are not forcing them to accept anything they don't want...

Last edited:
McCain picked a candidates that has mass appeal:

Men (hotness factor), women (some will vote for him just because she's a woman, some won't), reformist, conservatives (clearly she's a Bible thumper), working class, NRA enthusiasts, pro-lifers, people concerned about energy...

I mean, I really think he made the best possible selection.

Don't any of these people care that she is an utter lightweight???? A journalism degree from a mediocre school and a beauty contest participant???

People may agree with her stand on some issues, but that doesn't make her qualified to lead on those issues.

She's not running for president.....on the other hand, YOUR LIGHTWEIGHT IS....
Obamas only claim to leadership is voting "present" when it was time to lead....

wow, good to know the important issues facing this country might once again come down to who you'd have a beer with...that's what got us 8 years of Bush :cuckoo:

The point I was making obviously is that they couldn't appear more dissimilar in appearance. They don't even actually look like they were standing together when the photo was taken...it looks photoshopped to me.

and where the hell is Bridget McCain?

I guess Meghan might start saying she's an only child too, just like her mother LOL

The beer factor also got us 8 years of Clinton and 8 years of Reagan. So that factor crosses party lines.

Forum List

Back