What is wrong with the American dream?

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
To begin with, the American people are directly to blame for their own demise. And if they want to get out of the black hole, they best grab a shovel and grunt. And in that sense, the governemnt social programs do provide them with a pillow and incentive not to achieve, or at least to survive.

Where are the entrepreneurs and that spirit? Can't five families get together, pool part of their checks, use a business program and start their own business that can undercut the mega corporations? I have watched foreigners come to America and build themselves from scratch into millionaires. I have also watched some older American millionaires that started at the bottom and worked their way up.

Like my dad, these people have work ethics, drive, and the spirit within to succeed. My dad worked everyday of his life, and work came before pleasure. Saving money came before steak dinners. Somewhere along the line we have gotten our priorities mixed up.

I think my main point is, why aren't people working for someone, or working for themselves?

To begin with, the American people are directly to blame for their own demise. And if they want to get out of the black hole, they best grab a shovel and grunt. And in that sense, the governemnt social programs do provide them with a pillow and incentive not to achieve, or at least to survive.

Where are the entrepreneurs and that spirit? Can't five families get together, pool part of their checks, use a business program and start their own business that can undercut the mega corporations? I have watched foreigners come to America and build themselves from scratch into millionaires. I have also watched some older American millionaires that started at the bottom and worked their way up.

Like my dad, these people have work ethics, drive, and the spirit within to succeed. My dad worked everyday of his life, and work came before pleasure. Saving money came before steak dinners. Somewhere along the line we have gotten our priorities mixed up.

I think my main point is, why aren't people working for someone, or working for themselves?

One of 3 reasons:

1. They want a job but can't find one.

2. They want to start a business but can't get a loan.

3. They don't want to work, the gov't pays them well not to.

001-1.jpg

They're too busy working their asses off, to pay the taxes, to fund your beloved social safety Barcalounger programs.

Talk about having one's priorities screwed up.

One of 3 reasons:

The thing about #2: "They want to start a business but can't get a loan." Asian people, several different families of them, get together, pool their money, and start businesses. Why can't our home boys do that?

We have become isolationists and don't know our neighbors, little lone trust them to start a business with. So instead those 4-5 people who could have done it, sit there, in their individual cubical yards and die poor. So part of the problem is a culture thing.

Another part of the problem is since our government doesn't serve the people, we have no programs to promote work ethics, show people how to start businesses, or provide the few bucks they need to get a business off the ground. The SBA needs to be kicked in the butt and funneled money to get lil businesses going.

So you are saying Presidents are wrong with the American dream. So is congress, and political partys that sit on their thumbs or actively contribute to denying opportunitys.

Here we have the Speaker of the House of our own country saying I don't care if workers do lose their jobs. That is an attitude and someone who has his priorities screwed up. He should have been chastized by the whole body of our representatives and impeached, at the least replaced. Not to pick on Boner alone, that Congress is crawling with traitors just like him. Just one big roach motel. And that is why his words are reinforced and supported.

Last edited:

So you are saying Presidents are wrong with the American dream. So is congress, and political partys that sit on their thumbs or actively contribute to denying opportunitys.

Here we have the Speaker of the House of our own country saying I don't care if workers do lose their jobs. That is an attitude and someone who has his priorities screwed up. He should have been chastized by the whole body of our representatives and impeached, at the least replaced. Not to pick on Boner alone, that Congress is crawling with traitors just like him. Just one big roach motel. And that is why his words are reinforced and supported.

You supported one of the most tyranical Congesses in American history, and you dare ask what is wrong with the American dream????

Dude get your head out of your ass!

This regime has done more to stifle American growth than any other.... and NO, I hated what Bush did too.... so STFU with that.

We are deeper in debt now than EVER before.... Businesses are scared to death of what that shitty heathcare bill is going to do to their growth as well... I could go on and on.

Last edited:

They're too busy working their asses off, to pay the taxes, to fund your beloved social safety Barcalounger programs.

I am referring to the nonworking who lack the work ethic. Second, we wouldn't need social programs in an ideal world, would we. And social programs are there because the system is screwed. And as long as we have a capitalist pyramid scheme, a Congressional welfare office for the rich, we will continue to need social programs ~ because people are going to eat something and it maybe you.

Now I am for eliminating all taxation and making it voluntary to fund individual wants. Are you ready to do that as well?

You supported one of the most tyranical Congesses in American history, and you dare ask what is wrong with the American dream????

This regime has done more to stifle American growth than any other.... and NO, I hated what Bush did too.... so STFU with that.

We are deeper in debt now than EVER before.... Businesses are scared to death of what that shitty heathcare bill is going to do to their growth as well... I could go on and on.

And you supported murder, torture and rape of innocently detained and chained women and children, and you come here to chastize me over a voters choice? LMAO!

No one is stopping business, no one is scared to death, these are all little paranoid pipe dreams you have. Obama can lead them to water, but if they don't drink, it isn't Obama or the congress's fault.

And now the con doesn't want to help his own people who need medical care. TSK! Just so it is not shitty, how about we just give everybody 100% medical, dental & pharmacy coverage like the rest fo the world does? Do you object to that?

I am referring to the nonworking who lack the work ethic. Second, we wouldn't need social programs in an ideal world, would we. And social programs are there because the system is screwed. And as long as we have a capitalist pyramid scheme, a Congressional welfare office for the rich, we will continue to need social programs ~ because people are going to eat something and it maybe you.

Now I am for eliminating all taxation and making it voluntary to fund individual wants. Are you ready to do that as well?

A capitalist pyramid scheme? Didn't you just post that:

"LMAO! My net worth is over 4 mil, I hire 2 maids, 2 landscapers, and a pool boy, drive a 300 touring, throw hosted dinner parties costing a $1,200-300. for my guests, and swim in my own solar powered pool, so if you are trying to intimidate me wealth and with jealousy & envy, you sent your coon dog up the wrong tree." http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/181908-50-of-americans-do-not-pay-income-tax-5.html

I mean you are full of shit, but whatever :lol:

My landscapers have work year around and feed their families. The same is true with my maids and my pool boy. So why aren't there more people providing these services? Where are the people who can clean gutters, wash windows on a house, spray for bugs, prune trees, fix things, clean out a garage and organize it, install sprinklers,, etc.??

One of my Italian millionaire friends started out in the Bronx pushing an ice cream cart. The Dream is there, you just have to put your effort into it and make it come true. It is all a state of mind.

My landscapers have work year around and feed their families. The same is true with my maids and my pool boy. So why aren't there more people providing these services? Where are the people who can clean gutters, wash windows on a house, spray for bugs, prune trees, fix things, clean out a garage and organize it, install sprinklers,, etc.??

One of my Italian millionaire friends started out in the Bronx pushing an ice cream cart. The Dream is there, you just have to put your effort into it and make it come true. It is all a state of mind.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And you supported murder, torture and rape of innocently detained and chained women and children, and you come here to chastize me over a voters choice? LMAO!

No one is stopping business, no one is scared to death, these are all little paranoid pipe dreams you have. Obama can lead them to water, but if they don't drink, it isn't Obama or the congress's fault.

And now the con doesn't want to help his own people who need medical care. TSK! Just so it is not shitty, how about we just give everybody 100% medical, dental & pharmacy coverage like the rest fo the world does? Do you object to that?

Your a troll..... I just wanted you to prove it.

Thanks!

:fu:

A capitalist pyramid scheme? Didn't you just post that:

"LMAO! My net worth is over 4 mil, I hire 2 maids, 2 landscapers, and a pool boy, drive a 300 touring, throw hosted dinner parties costing a $1,200-300. for my guests, and swim in my own solar powered pool, so if you are trying to intimidate me wealth and with jealousy & envy, you sent your coon dog up the wrong tree." http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/181908-50-of-americans-do-not-pay-income-tax-5.html

I mean you are full of shit, but whatever :lol:

Yes I posted it, and I also stand by what I said. People richer than you & I (Gates ~ Buffet) say the same thing, are they also as full of shit as your are?? Well whatever, huh.

By it's very definition Capitalism is a pyramid scheme that creates the poor and funnels money to the top as witnessed by the top 10%ers. Does that fog your rose colored glasses?

Now why don't you get on topic or get off my thread? I have given several reasons for why the American dreams sucks for 50% of the population or more. I assume you agree with my assessment.

Last edited:

One of 3 reasons:

4.the president is a ******.

Your a troll..... I just wanted you to prove it.

Thanks!

:fu:

Yeah, yeah, and you are an asshole and you also proved that. Thanks for playing asshole.

The welfare check is the tool the government uses to control minorities . Give them enough to get by on, kill and desire to excel at anything, and keep them in their place. Our government in, it's attempt to guarantee the vote for a liberal candidate, is sentencing them to a life of poverty and living in a ghetto. The only way out is to take control of your own destiny and not live off the scraps the government wants to give you.

Forum List

Back