What is wrong with 'division'?

Spare me the 'we're all in this together, we're all Americans' crap. Save that bullshit for the cowards.

African-Americans have been in this country for more than 400 years .. and have only been relatively free for 51 YEARS .. AND, even that relative freedom came through demand. The reason the Civil Rights ACT finally happened was because of the demand for change by black people who forced the political hand.

Hate is not passive .. and only a fool deals with it passively. You hate me .. expect that I will hate you.
First and foremost, your assumption that I hate ANYONE is patently false. I do not give in to such a destructive emotion. I hate no one.

Secondly, unless, and until, the majority of our society accepts that first and foremost we are all humans, and in this country nearly all of us are Americans, there will only be separate and not equal. I judge people on the content of their character, gee where have I heard that before? Apparently you do not, at least not in a political sense.

Third, since you brought up African-Americans specifically (no the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is not about race, it is about equal treatment despite differences in appearance and opinion/beliefs), are you aware of the FACTS that:
  1. Slaves from Africa where brought here, originally, by the British (primarily)
  2. That said slaves where "captured" by rival tribes (in many but not all cases)
  3. And that under British rule it was illegal to free a slave as long as the original "owner" lived?
It's not in the text books, it's not taught in public schools, and it is widely unknown to those who have not done the study necessary to learn these things. Why do you think that is? And please leave political name-calling out of it, I desire a CIVIL discussion, and will tolerate nothing less.

First, I never suggested that you hate anyone .. my comment was about those who do.

Secondly, I don't hate white people .. I hate republicans and racists who demonstrate hate towards non-white people. THAT is their character, not their color. Maybe you should study King a bit better .. just as you should study other elements of what made civil rights possible.

Do not presume that you know more about the African journey to America than I do. I know all about what you've said .. and none of it makes any difference to anything today. The Brits abolished slavery long before the US did .. the Mexican government refused slavery and slave-holders .. which is what the Alamo was all about .. and they provided safe-havens for runaway slaves and refused to return them to slave-holders.

I am engaging in a civil conversation, but you don't get to dictate what I say in that conversation. I'm not a democrat, haven't been for many years .. but if you're trying to convince me that democrats are just as evil as republicans on the issue of African-Americans, you're barking up the wrong tree. That's an argument you cannot win

Damn Republicans, going around thinking everyone should play by the same rules, that's just pure hatred of black people, I fell you.

Why is it you think blacks can't compete on a level playing field again? You think you're not smart enough? Or you're just too lazy. Maybe it's just you, not all blacks, did you ever consider that? I've seen no evidence blacks can't compete fine on a level field

Incredibly stupid.

What's stupid is that you think blacks can't compete on a level playing field and you need the Democrats to promise you a lower bar. That's the completely worst solution and it's an insult to successful blacks who didn't need extra credit for being black

Why would I think that asshole when I'm obviously much smarter than you and most of the knuckleheads on this board?

Nothing special about me .. you're just dumb.

This is an excellent example of what is wrong with this country right now. This absolutely stupid "Us versus Them" mentality. It's dumb, it's divisive, and it's going to ruin our country. You can call it what ever you want, it's destructive. Period. BOTH "sides" are guilty, and BOTH "sides" must come together to find a solution, or we are doomed. The venomous HATE that is obviously behind your statements is what is going to destroy us. YOU, my friend, are part of the problem. The sooner you understand and accept that the better.
We are ALL first and foremost AMERICAN'S.
It's a good thing the Democrats of 1964 did not "win" their fight to stop the Civil Rights Act of 1964. So YOU could have a better life. Wake up, the Democrats are just as much to blame as anyone else.

This is an example of the same HATE that racists spew. YOU are no better than them. HATE is HATE, it matters not who you are or who you HATE.

Spare me the 'we're all in this together, we're all Americans' crap. Save that bullshit for the cowards.

African-Americans have been in this country for more than 400 years .. and have only been relatively free for 51 YEARS .. AND, even that relative freedom came through demand. The reason the Civil Rights ACT finally happened was because of the demand for change by black people who forced the political hand.

Hate is not passive .. and only a fool deals with it passively. You hate me .. expect that I will hate you.
First and foremost, your assumption that I hate ANYONE is patently false. I do not give in to such a destructive emotion. I hate no one.

Secondly, unless, and until, the majority of our society accepts that first and foremost we are all humans, and in this country nearly all of us are Americans, there will only be separate and not equal. I judge people on the content of their character, gee where have I heard that before? Apparently you do not, at least not in a political sense.

Third, since you brought up African-Americans specifically (no the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is not about race, it is about equal treatment despite differences in appearance and opinion/beliefs), are you aware of the FACTS that:
  1. Slaves from Africa where brought here, originally, by the British (primarily)
  2. That said slaves where "captured" by rival tribes (in many but not all cases)
  3. And that under British rule it was illegal to free a slave as long as the original "owner" lived?
It's not in the text books, it's not taught in public schools, and it is widely unknown to those who have not done the study necessary to learn these things. Why do you think that is? And please leave political name-calling out of it, I desire a CIVIL discussion, and will tolerate nothing less.

First, I never suggested that you hate anyone .. my comment was about those who do.

Secondly, I don't hate white people .. I hate republicans and racists who demonstrate hate towards non-white people. THAT is their character, not their color. Maybe you should study King a bit better .. just as you should study other elements of what made civil rights possible.

Do not presume that you know more about the African journey to America than I do. I know all about what you've said .. and none of it makes any difference to anything today. The Brits abolished slavery long before the US did .. the Mexican government refused slavery and slave-holders .. which is what the Alamo was all about .. and they provided safe-havens for runaway slaves and refused to return them to slave-holders.

I am engaging in a civil conversation, but you don't get to dictate what I say in that conversation. I'm not a democrat, haven't been for many years .. but if you're trying to convince me that democrats are just as evil as republicans on the issue of African-Americans, you're barking up the wrong tree. That's an argument you cannot win

Damn Republicans, going around thinking everyone should play by the same rules, that's just pure hatred of black people, I fell you.

Why is it you think blacks can't compete on a level playing field again? You think you're not smart enough? Or you're just too lazy. Maybe it's just you, not all blacks, did you ever consider that? I've seen no evidence blacks can't compete fine on a level field

I actually logged on just to give that a thumbs up. It is unfortunate that most people think that minorities can't compete without being spotted a few points.

It's even more unfortunate that minorities like blackascoal think that they can't compete without being spotted a few points themselves

Incredibly stupid.

What's stupid is that you think blacks can't compete on a level playing field and you need the Democrats to promise you a lower bar. That's the completely worst solution and it's an insult to successful blacks who didn't need extra credit for being black

Why would I think that asshole when I'm obviously much smarter than you and most of the knuckleheads on this board?

Then why do you agree with the Democrat siren song about lowering the bar rather than the Republicans saying you're as capable as anyone else, do it yourself?

As a military commander

lol, you've never been a "military commander." Hilarious how all of the conservatives on this forum are either former military commanders, former intelligence agents, or professional IT workers. You're a fraud.

How do you know I was never a military commander?

They don't call themselves 'military commanders.'

Guess you didn't know that.

The truth is is that I was a green beret in the army. I once was deployed in the jungles of the southeast asia in the eighties and we ran into an invisible alien that almost killed us. Fortunately, I put mud on myself. I don't know how that fucking work but it did.

Incredibly stupid.

Then why do you agree with the Democrat siren song about lowering the bar rather than the Republicans saying you're as capable as anyone else, do it yourself?

I agree with remedies and corrections to HUNDREDS of years of racist oppression and bars to opportunity.

You know .. like blacks aren't cerebral enough to play quarterback in the NFL .. or aren't smart enough to become president.

It isn't that you were any smarter or better .. just the only ones allowed to play.

As a military commander

lol, you've never been a "military commander." Hilarious how all of the conservatives on this forum are either former military commanders, former intelligence agents, or professional IT workers. You're a fraud.

Because you couldn't "command" your own turd. Your posts suggest a very low IQ individual. In other words, you're a twat.

As a military commander

They don't call themselves 'military commanders.'

Guess you didn't know that.

The truth is is that I was a green beret in the army. I once was deployed in the jungles of the southeast asia in the eighties and we ran into an invisible alien that almost killed us. Fortunately, I put mud on myself. I don't know how that fucking work but it did.

Stop lying. You've never done a fucking thing related to the military, you fraud.

Incredibly stupid.

I agree with remedies and corrections to HUNDREDS of years of racist oppression and bars to opportunity.

You know .. like blacks aren't cerebral enough to play quarterback in the NFL .. or aren't smart enough to become president.

It isn't that you were any smarter or better .. just the only ones allowed to play.

It sucks. But this country has such endless opportunity, blacks need to man up to today. No one living in this country was a slave. But lowering the bar is a terrible solution. Blacks need to make it happen for them. And again, it's an insult to blacks who make it without a lower bar.

You know, everyone has had things that suck in their lives. My father was a dead beat. My mother couldn't pay for my sister and me to both go to college at the same time. I sucked it up and paid my own way. I didn't fall on the ground and feel sorry for myself and make excuses to fail

I keep hearing this from the left and I want to know what is wrong with divisiveness? As a military commander I really did try to weed out divisive talk since it destabilized the military unit as a whole. I really don't know if that is good in society since individuals seem to want to operate as separate individuals who are free to choose what they want to be. Families really don't have any other consideration other than to themselves and not to the societal unit as a whole. It would just seem that if we applied the same military mentality to society we would have to weed out any kind of divisive talk and glorify unity because that strengthens our society.

When Obama says he tried to "weed out divisiveness," he means he canned anyone who showed the slightest opposition to his policies. Obama is a ruthless tyrant and a sleaze bag.

Division is fine when it leads to a constructive compromise - but it's dysfunctional when division is purely political, e.g., The Obama years have seen this kind of division where Republicans refuse to pass legislation which originated on their side because they feared Obama would sign it into law - and then they'd be primaried as partners of Obama.

One Party Rule (Republicans 2000-2006) is dangerous. Bush didn't veto one piece of Republican pork. He was left a surplus but ended up doubling the national debt. He was a fiscal train wreck. We expect the Dems to spend big but the Republicans run on fiscal responsibility. This is why Milton Friedman - the founding father of Reaganomics - said the Clinton years were far better than the Bush years - because divided government leads to less spending.
Too many lies to bother deconstructing them all.

Don't confuse divisiveness with diversity.......The latter is what made this nation powerful, while the former is what we fought a civil war over.

Don't confuse divisiveness with diversity.......The latter is what made this nation powerful, while the former is what we fought a civil war over.
Bullshit. So called "diversty" has done nothing for this country aside from causing strife and division. BLM is calling for people to shoot cops. That's the so-called "benefit" of your diversity.

Obama is the one who says cops like to kill innocent black men.

After making such statement, nitwit, don't forget to wipe, flush and wash your hands thoroughly.

That's exactly what he's been saying. When you blame the shootings of black men by cops on racism, you are saying cops like to shoot black men. Yeah, that's ugly, but then most of what Obama says is just as ugly.

Yesterday a RWNJ was saying “vote your race”. .........

And exactly what do you call it when any African American who dares to be conservative is labeled an "Uncle Tom" by those tolerant, inclusive democrats?

I don't know about anyone else, but I fully support the divisiveness of the Republican Party. The battle lines should be clear and unmistakable.

The more divisive republicans are, the easier the fight is to win .. which is why republicans have lost on virtually every social issue in this country.

I APPLAUD the giant divide between right and left, democrats and republicans, non-white people and racists.

The time for pussy-footing around serious issues has long past.

Keep it up republicans. Spew that hate like God told you to. :0)
You do realize that non-white people pretty much agree 100% with Republicans on social issues, right?

Forum List

Back