What is wrong with Constitutional government?

Moses did not come down from the mountain with the constitution engraved in stone by the creator. Government should serve us now. Ideas are great, but they should not control everything. What is good for people is all that matters.

Moses did not come down from the mountain with the constitution engraved in stone by the creator. Government should serve us now. Ideas are great, but they should not control everything. What is good for people is all that matters.

All people? Or the majority of them?

Constitutional gov't is the best form of gov't available. But it doesn't work well if the citizenry does not keep itself well-informed and involved in the decisions that are made and actions that are taken. It doesn't work well if the electorate votes for candidates based on the wrong reasons. And it doesn't work well if the elected officials are not held accountable for what they do. It starts with us; you get the gov't you deserve.

Serious question for my liberal friends: why do you oppose Constitutional government.

I don't oppose genuine Constitutional government. However I, and everyone else that clearly sees the shills for what they are, don't want someone of limited Constitutional, legal, historical, and social education creating their own twisted interpretations of it to suit their radical agendas.

You mean like a 5-4 majority in the Supreme Court connecting imaginary dots. Agreed. :lol: ;) Lets leave Construction to Congress, that's what we are paying them for, right?

Construction, form, due process do matter. How many examples of derailment does one need to understand the need for structure and due process. Screw with foundation, there is a price to be paid.

Forum List

Back