What is with Sara's scarf?

If it were Michelle wearing an elephant scarf you would love it.

its a current event and she is a political personality.

that is why I chose this spot

Ridiculing someone's attire is a current event? Bullshit. Funny? Depends on one's perspective. Current newsworthy political event? NOT.

I just don't have forums for "Fashion Critique" or "Stupid Stuff."

You're projecting, as usual, as far as Michelle Obama is concerned. I'd probably notice her scarf about as much as Palin's. They're politicians. Dressing like nerds is a prerequisite.

Last edited:

Actually I would love it if Michelle wore an elephant scarf - because it would look like the dems were 'reaching across party lines' - maybe that is what sara is trying to do here.

Of course, I can think of better ways for her to try to do that.

You know, in the current environment of politics, the candidates are carefully groomed for their poise, words, tone of voice, as well as dress, because EVERYONE is looking at them to try to decide if they are "presidential" or not.

Now.....with all those political consultants that they've hired, how in the hell did they miss this one?

And yes Gunny, it qualifies as current events, because of the way that the candidates are held under a microscope. I've even seen pics of Obama with holes in the bottoms of his shoes.

You know, in the current environment of politics, the candidates are carefully groomed for their poise, words, tone of voice, as well as dress, because EVERYONE is looking at them to try to decide if they are "presidential" or not.

Now.....with all those political consultants that they've hired, how in the hell did they miss this one?

And yes Gunny, it qualifies as current events, because of the way that the candidates are held under a microscope. I've even seen pics of Obama with holes in the bottoms of his shoes.

It doesn't qualify as Current Events. It qualifies for "If This is All You Have to Do and the Best You Got Get a Life."

When considering a person's qualifications to hold public office, whether or not they are GQ-cover-worthy is a non sequitur. If you think it means something, I might suggest re-examining your priorities.

Ridiculing someone's attire is a current event?

It's not her attire that is being ridiculed. It's her inability to know that she is wearing a Democratic scarf at a republican event. That is newsworthy that she doesn't realize this.

It's not her attire that is being ridiculed. It's her inability to know that she is wearing a Democratic scarf at a republican event. That is newsworthy that she doesn't realize this.

Really? Because the title is "What's with..." A scarf is a scarf.

So you are saying she is wearing a Dem scarf on purpose - How?

Never said it was a big thing, Just one of many things.

We disagree, don't wet you maggies drawers.-

So you are saying she is wearing a Dem scarf on purpose - How?

Never said it was a big thing, Just one of many things.

We disagree, don't wet you maggies drawers.-

Sorry, buddy, you may be used to having maggie's drawers waved in your face. I have never had that dubious distinction even once.

As far as the scarf is concerned, I'm not speculating, actually. Y'all are.

Really? Because the title is "What's with..." A scarf is a scarf.

A scarf is a scarf? Okay.....tell that to Rachel Ray and her checked scarf that was taken off the commercials, because too many people equated it with terrorist attire.

Oh yeah......what if it were swastikas instead of donkeys? Would you feel the same way then?

I wonder how the republican party will treat her after the election? She seems to have gathered a base that they need, but her speech and actions have to unnerve them.

I wonder how the republican party will treat her after the election? She seems to have gathered a base that they need, but her speech and actions have to unnerve them.

They're going to tell Ted Stevens to step down and replace him with Sarah Palin.

She's not gonna be VP, but she may have a shot at Senator.

Forum List

Back