CDZ What is 'White Supremacy'?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by JimBowie1958, Sep 22, 2017.

1. alang1216

alang1216 Pragmatist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +636
    The irony of 'White supremacy' is that it was traditionally backed up by severe restrictions on non-whites. For instance, slaves were forbidden by law to be educated or literate. They were banned from holding property or owning businesses. If they were so inferior what was the whites's fear?

2. impuretrash

impuretrash Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,778
    What does that have to do with what I said...?

3. alang1216

alang1216 Pragmatist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +636
    You mentioned 'White supremacy' and the thought occurred to me. It wasn't an accusation, I even included your disclaimer 'This is not the belief of the Alt-right'.

On the other hand I don't think there is a whole lot of daylight between 'White supremacy' and 'White national'.

4. impuretrash

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,778
    Sure there is. White nationalism is about maintaining a majority so us and our descendants are not treated like second class citizens in the nations our forefathers built by people who were indoctrinated with a mindset of hate towards all things white.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. alang1216

alang1216 Pragmatist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +636
    Maybe it's just me but I detect a note of superiority in your tone? At any rate it's ironic that the nation your forefathers built was built by people who were indoctrinated with a mindset of hate towards all things non-white.

6. impuretrash

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,778
    It's definitely just you. Approximately 89 years after declaring its Independence, my forefathers abolished the practice of slavery. My forefathers both in the north and the south risked their lives providing escaped slaves safe harbor in the underground railroad. They fought to attain equal rights for black people and when they finally achieved it, the democrats no longer had an effective platform to win votes so turned to stirring up anti-white resentment in black America based on a pack of lies.

7. alang1216

alang1216 Pragmatist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +636
    Equally true:
    (Your) forefathers both in the north and the south hunted escaped slaves seeking safe harbor in the underground railroad. They fought to keep equal rights from black people and when they finally achieved it, the white southerners worked to prevent black votes by poll taxes, literacy tests, ID laws, and limiting access to polls.

8. impuretrash

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,778
    Only a small minority of Americans actually owned slaves. And which party was responsible for jim crow laws?

9. alang1216

alang1216 Pragmatist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +636
    Quite true, but much greater percentage of southern whites (a majority?) were willing to fight and die to keep slavery.

The same party of whites that sought to break up this country to keep the races apart and whites in control. I guess nothing ever changes.

10. impuretrash

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,778
    Estimates of the total number of confederate soldiers range around 1 million, 12% of which were conscripted. Is that a majority? Most of those men were products of the culture they had been raised in. Should we condemn the descendants of cannibals in africa and south america?

Democrats instituted Jim Crow laws.