CDZ What is 'Western Civilization' anyway?

What is 'Western Civilization'?

• Western Civilization no longer exists

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
So Rep King equated 'White Nationalism', 'White Supremacy', and 'Western Civilization' all of which used to be legit phrases but which have morphed into racially charged phrases these days.

That this was true of Western Civilization kind of leaves me confused as it doesnt fit in with the other two in my mind.

So what is Westernn Civilization to you?

White people were largely behind the development of Western Civilization.

That said, Western Civilization has nothing to do with White Supremacy or White Nationalism

Western civilization is a colonial wealth extraction paradigm which feeds upon human beings both externally and internally concentrating and redistribution global wealth.

That said, Western Civilization has nothing to do with White Supremacy or White Nationalism

Actually Western Civilization is based on Mongols making it possible to import Chinese and Indian technology into Europe plus:

Sharia law increased Muslim death rates during the Bubonic plague years.

American foods

the Syphilis pandemic

Actually, it means solely Europe. In general, it includes all countries where Europe´s cultures dominate and that means Europe, all of America, parts of Asia and Africa and Australia.

So Rep King equated 'White Nationalism', 'White Supremacy', and 'Western Civilization' all of which used to be legit phrases but which have morphed into racially charged phrases these days.

That this was true of Western Civilization kind of leaves me confused as it doesnt fit in with the other two in my mind.

Goes back to Greece, 500 years before Rome.

It is an amalgam of the cultures that trace their origins to the Mediterranean Sea area 2-3 thousand years ago.. This mostly means Egypt, Greece, and Rome but these were heavily influenced by the cultures they interacted with, including Mesopotamian cultures and Asian and European nomadic "barbarians".

It is an amalgam of the cultures that trace their origins to the Mediterranean Sea area 2-3 thousand years ago.. This mostly means Egypt, Greece, and Rome but these were heavily influenced by the cultures they interacted with, including Mesopotamian cultures and Asian and European nomadic "barbarians".

So would you say that Eastern Roman Empire, so-called Byzantium, was a western culture?

I haved always related Western Civilization to the Roman side that amalgamated with the Celts, Germans and then finally the Swedes (Vikings). These nations adopted the Latin alphabet, Roman legal concepts and many axioms of their culture, such as individualism being on equal footing with the government, unlike the East where the state is supreme.

Where do you all disagree?

It is a European influence combined with a Middle Eastern religion.

Quiet remarkable really.

So would you say that Eastern Roman Empire, so-called Byzantium, was a western culture?

I haved always related Western Civilization to the Roman side that amalgamated with the Celts, Germans and then finally the Swedes (Vikings). These nations adopted the Latin alphabet, Roman legal concepts and many axioms of their culture, such as individualism being on equal footing with the government, unlike the East where the state is supreme.

Of course Byzantium was both a continuation of the Roman Empire and Western civilization. I have never heard otherwise.

Their language was Greek and they were the vanguard of the civilization until the fall of Constantinople.

Rome itself claimed to be populated by the refugees of Homer's Troy, while many of the southern parts of the Italian pennensula were in fact founded by Greek settlers.

Last edited:
Western Civilization included all the areas that became predominantly Christian in the first and second millennia. Eastern Civilization included the non-Christian areas in Asia and North Africa.

He's from Iowa

nuf said

Western civilization is a colonial wealth extraction paradigm which feeds upon human beings both externally and internally concentrating and redistribution global wealth.

The Loon Speaks. God only knows that middle and eastern cultures never fed upon any human beings or redistributed any wealth. o_O

Wrong. White supremacy is at the heart of both western "civilization" and capitalism.

And Black Supremacy is at the heart of every concentration of Blacks. And Russian Supremacy is practiced in the Kremlin. And the Chinese think they are the best. And North Korea aims to be rulers dominating all, and the French think there is nothing else like them. Edited-meister

Last edited by a moderator:

There is no hard line, either geographically or historically that divides West and non-West. Every culture is influenced by those around it. The Eastern influences on Byzantium were greater than on Rome because of their geography. So it might be considered a transitional culture, neither fully Eastern nor fully Western.

Very simply it is the civilization of Western Europe which formed our culture. Because of its success and ability to offer an alternative to totalitarianism it is seen as an obstacle by leftists who much prefer third world backwardness.
It is indeed a product of whites. But only leftists get hung up on genetics. Any race can enjoy the fruits of and contribute to western civilization.
The United Stares and England are it’s last bastions thus the all out assault.

There is no hard line, either geographically or historically that divides West and non-West. Every culture is influenced by those around it. The Eastern influences on Byzantium were greater than on Rome because of their geography. So it might be considered a transitional culture, neither fully Eastern nor fully Western.

When we use the phrase 'Western Civilization' I think of it as Synecdoche for 'Western Roman-European Civilizatioon'. That does not seem to be your interpretation.

upload_2019-1-15_17-2-26.png

Forum List

Back