What is Up with Atheists?

So as many of you know I was recently in a car wreck and totaled my vehicle. So until I get all that sorted out I have been taking the bus to work which is actually kind of nice in a way....although you see some strange people on the bus and all this walking has made me lose about 20 pounds...which means I am suddenly hot again. :lol:

Anyhow....

The bus ride is about 30 minutes and I thought 'instead of just staring out the window on my way to and from work I can spend that time reading the Bible thereby starting and finishing my day with some scripture'. So yesterday I am sitting there minding my own business, reading some scripture and this person on the bus huffs really loudly. I look up and glance at her, not really knowing (nor caring) what she was huffing about and go back to my reading. Then she finally says to me.

"Can you PLEASE stop that?"

I was a bit puzzled and asked what I was doing that was the problem and she insisted that it was rude and offensive to be reading the Bible in public. I was really shocked and just said "pardon me?" and she starts going on a rant about us religious people shoving religion down everyone's throats and how I was forcing my views on the whole bus.

I said "Ma'am, I am just sitting here minding my own business reading. I suggest you mind your own business as well and let me be"

Now here's the thing. I figured this was just some crazy bitch, but there were several people on the bus that agreed with her and joined in asking me to stop reading my Bible. They even asked the bus driver to kick me off the bus if I didn't put it away (which, of course, he refused to do).

So my question is....what the heck is it with atheists that they are so threatened by a guy sitting on a bus, minding his own business, quietly reading a Bible? How is that forcing my views on anyone or offensive to anyone?

That is amazing. I would have had to read it out loud and warned them about eternity in hell - just to make sure they knew what happens to those who reject Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. I take my bible with me wherever I go. I carry it with me at restaurants, waiting rooms, the hospital waiting room, wherever I am. I also share the word of God and read it to people around me. I'm going to share the Word of God when I'm around people. I do not get out very much so when I do I make it count. The people I meet usually ask me to pray for them. I've never had anyone say they wanted me to stop reading the bible! That is wild, BP!

Careful, you are on the bus. If the Bus driver deems you are intentionally disturbing the other passengers(Blue phantom was not--the woman was!), he can kick you off!

The Apostle Paul says we are to be careful for nothing.
I am careful for nothing. I'm going to be led by the Spirit of God.
If you want to be led by fear and intimidation that is your choice.
It's not for me though. God is the one in full control. God. Not man.
You should get a firm grasp on that truth before all hell breaks loose in America.
Otherwise you'll be a nervous wreck!

I got a firm grasp of reality

The minute you turn around and start preaching to the bus is the minute you get kicked off. You are crazy if you think God is going to allow you to bother other people minding their business. Arrogant and crazy.

This is an apple to orange situation.
Blue phantom is being harassed in is situation.
You start harassing the passenger in your situation.

So as many of you know I was recently in a car wreck and totaled my vehicle. So until I get all that sorted out I have been taking the bus to work which is actually kind of nice in a way....although you see some strange people on the bus and all this walking has made me lose about 20 pounds...which means I am suddenly hot again. :lol:

Anyhow....

The bus ride is about 30 minutes and I thought 'instead of just staring out the window on my way to and from work I can spend that time reading the Bible thereby starting and finishing my day with some scripture'. So yesterday I am sitting there minding my own business, reading some scripture and this person on the bus huffs really loudly. I look up and glance at her, not really knowing (nor caring) what she was huffing about and go back to my reading. Then she finally says to me.

I was a bit puzzled and asked what I was doing that was the problem and she insisted that it was rude and offensive to be reading the Bible in public. I was really shocked and just said "pardon me?" and she starts going on a rant about us religious people shoving religion down everyone's throats and how I was forcing my views on the whole bus.

I said "Ma'am, I am just sitting here minding my own business reading. I suggest you mind your own business as well and let me be"

Now here's the thing. I figured this was just some crazy bitch, but there were several people on the bus that agreed with her and joined in asking me to stop reading my Bible. They even asked the bus driver to kick me off the bus if I didn't put it away (which, of course, he refused to do).

So my question is....what the heck is it with atheists that they are so threatened by a guy sitting on a bus, minding his own business, quietly reading a Bible? How is that forcing my views on anyone or offensive to anyone?

Does anyone believe this ridiculous story?

Anyhow....

I've seen something similiar.

A man was reading his quran(to himself--not out loud) and a couple of passengers started to insult him.

Anyhow....

I've seen something similiar.

A man was reading his quran(to himself--not out loud) and a couple of passengers started to insult him.

That's more believable than the ridiculous story from BF and his imaginary war on Christian's asking the bus driver to kick him off....smh.

He's got a ton more of these "victim" stories.

Atheists are annoying bastids, I've never seen people that don't believe spend so much talking about what they don't believe
Actually I was among a bunch of Christians tonight and none of them know I am an atheist.

I come to these boards to share the truth. I want humanity to shed this stupidity.

I'm Greek. I imagine my ancestors didn't believe in Zeus or Apollo but I'm sure most Greeks did. You are just the modern day version of those stupid Greeks.

The internet has played a huge part in waking people up. No more is your church the only source of religious information. Today we get to hear both sides and honestly decide. Without the one sided brainwashing.

But I won't go preaching to people in public. Its not appropriate. Let them figure it out for themselves.

But usmb is the perfect place for me to preach.

Anyhow....

That is amazing. I would have had to read it out loud and warned them about eternity in hell - just to make sure they knew what happens to those who reject Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. I take my bible with me wherever I go. I carry it with me at restaurants, waiting rooms, the hospital waiting room, wherever I am. I also share the word of God and read it to people around me. I'm going to share the Word of God when I'm around people. I do not get out very much so when I do I make it count. The people I meet usually ask me to pray for them. I've never had anyone say they wanted me to stop reading the bible! That is wild, BP!

Well like I said I thought it was just some crazy woman with an issue. Ok I can deal with that. What surprised me was how many people on the bus agreed with her and claimed I was infringing on their rights because I was quietly reading my Bible. So reading the Bible in public now is offensive?
Quietly? Not silently? If you were reading it out loud you were being annoying. Even if you were whispering.

Anyhow....

I believe she was reading the bible out loud and someone said something.

I was at a diner and these nutty right wing women were talking about abortion and I wanted to say something the entire time. I thought, "are you going to change their minds?" But I wanted to butt in so bad.

Most of the time atheists bite our lips. I think it's great we can come out of the closet.

Anyhow....

I was at a diner and these nutty right wing women were talking about abortion and I wanted to say something the entire time. I thought, "are you going to change their minds?" But I wanted to butt in so bad.

Most of the time atheists bite our lips. I think it's great we can come out of the closet.

I believe its a he, and I would have kicked his ass off the bus simply for being whiny. lol Nobody bothers people for reading to themselves, and others would not have joined in and wanted him kicked off the bus unless he was reading out loud and annoying everyone. And that's a big "if" the story isn't completely made up in the first place.

Last edited:

Anyhow....

I believe its a he, and I would have kicked his ass off the bus simply for being whiny. lol Nobody bothers people for reading to themselves, and others would not have joined in and wanted him kicked off the busy unless he was reading out loud and annoying everyone. And that's a big "if" the story isn't completely made up in the first place.
So Christians lie?

Imagine someone on your bus reading scripture out loud. I'd be tempted to say stfu.

Born again sure are annoying with all the ways they try to convert people. A lot like Amway.

Happy to say its been a long time since I've been approached by Amway or a born again, hallelujah.

Anyhow....

I believe its a he, and I would have kicked his ass off the bus simply for being whiny. lol Nobody bothers people for reading to themselves, and others would not have joined in and wanted him kicked off the busy unless he was reading out loud and annoying everyone. And that's a big "if" the story isn't completely made up in the first place.
So Christians lie?

Imagine someone on your bus reading scripture out loud. I'd be tempted to say stfu.

Born again sure are annoying with all the ways they try to convert people. A lot like Amway.

Happy to say its been a long time since I've been approached by Amway or a born again, hallelujah.

I'm guessing the only part of the story that's true is BF rode a bus to work, and had 30 minutes to sit and dream up a story about being attacked by a group of atheists. :)

atheists.jpg

Anyhow....

So Christians lie?

I'm guessing the only part of the story that's true is BF rode a bus to work, and had 30 minutes to sit and dream up a story about being attacked by a group of atheists. :)

View attachment 55663
How can they lie when they know its a sin? Christians think they have or get a free pass on sin. We all sin. Their book says we are all sinners and flawed creatures. I've heard preachers say "if you could see yourself the way God sees you you'd throw up", so you have to really believe in God and be remorseful about all your sins on judgement day and you'll get into heaven.

Get that? We are all sinners. None of us is perfect. So then there is no requirement to not sin. So really the only requirement is belief.

So he can easily be lying and Jesus will forgive him cause he loves him and died for his sins.

So fucking stupid.

Forum List

Back