What is tyranny?

Does tyranny change your life

• Yes, I am concerned about our modern day complicated world

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No, I am set with all the Orville Redenbacher popcorn I can handle

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Headline this morning about black athletes refusing to stand for national anthem and idiotic RW faux outrage saying they should leave the country and/or not being allowed to play their sport.

IOW, they want what N Korea, China and China have. They want what Drumpf and his kkk followers are preaching.

If we value our rights and freedoms, we will celebrate that the state cannot force us to pay homage to it. Same with burning the flag. Its only a piece of fabric but it symbolizes the millions of deaths that give us the right to burn it. Another that comes to mind is the Hustler publisher who tested the First Amendment with his magazine.

I believe we need cases like this to constantly push against and test the First Amendment.

The case of Gawker being forced out of business is frightening because, very literally, money is what killed it. Trump's promises and threats to hamstring the First Amendment and journalissts are also very frightening and I'm just as afraid of his choice for veep.

9atlkm_zps822daaea.jpg
Liar.

Trump did not threaten to hamstring the first amendment.

What is tyranny to you?

Is it a skateboarder hording the sidewalk in front of you?

Is it getting the incorrect change at the drive-thru?

Is it a policeman threatening to take you to jail for not signing a ticket or giving him or her a dirty look?

Is it within yourself when reactions surface?

We have no one to blame but ourselves. I believe most tyranny is inside of us and manifests in the morning or afternoon when work begins to grind to a halt.
Damn good question.

Having a police force that's abusive to poor and/or minority communities with no consequence, including using them as ATMs for every real or perceived slight comes to mind.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Headline this morning about black athletes refusing to stand for national anthem and idiotic RW faux outrage saying they should leave the country and/or not being allowed to play their sport.

IOW, they want what N Korea, China and China have. They want what Drumpf and his kkk followers are preaching.

If we value our rights and freedoms, we will celebrate that the state cannot force us to pay homage to it. Same with burning the flag. Its only a piece of fabric but it symbolizes the millions of deaths that give us the right to burn it. Another that comes to mind is the Hustler publisher who tested the First Amendment with his magazine.

I believe we need cases like this to constantly push against and test the First Amendment.

The case of Gawker being forced out of business is frightening because, very literally, money is what killed it. Trump's promises and threats to hamstring the First Amendment and journalissts are also very frightening and I'm just as afraid of his choice for veep.

9atlkm_zps822daaea.jpg
Liar.

He not only did, he has already gotten a pretty start on it.

What is tyranny to you?

Is it a policeman threatening to take you to jail for not signing a ticket or giving him or her a dirty look?

We have no one to blame but ourselves. I believe most tyranny is inside of us and manifests in the morning or afternoon when work begins to grind to a halt.
Damn good question.

Having a police force that's abusive to poor and/or minority communities with no consequence, including using them as ATMs for every real or perceived slight comes to mind.

Another of Drumpf's crazy ideas is to get even more military equipment to police. Like the RWNJ traitors, he wants a police state.

What is tyranny to you?

Damn good question.

The popo have ATM's in their cruisers. :lol:

9atlkm_zps822daaea.jpg
Liar.

What is tyranny to you?

Damn good question.

Another of Drumpf's crazy ideas is to get even more military equipment to police. Like the RWNJ traitors, he wants a police state.
How long have you been suffering from those delusions?

Liar.

What is tyranny to you?

Damn good question.

Our dear police are slowly advancing into becoming a "warrior race" of their own. Unlike cops 30 years ago, who rarely wore anything beneath their uniform, they all wear bullet-proof vests. Another development is how incredibly well they coordinate with SWAT now and individualize their search, attack and investigation of perps in a personal nature, having studied everyone's character succinctly. Additionally, they are beginning to use the latest of weapons and armored personnel carriers. All of this would have been absolutely unheard of 40 years ago.

Remarkably, I WOULD have supported all of this, if they had started aggressively doing it in 2002, after 9-11, instead of invading hapless Afghanistan, who could no more have easily turned over Bin Laden than they could have stopped their poppy production. If it took us 10 years to nab BL, he was the slipperiest son-of-a-bitch and obviously had the best of escape plans for any scenario. A retard could have figured it out.

Yea, the readiness of the police today is very good when it comes to terrorists, but we are paying the highest of prices for it.

Last edited:

Liar.

What is tyranny to you?

Damn good question.

Our dear police are slowly advancing into becoming a "warrior race" of their own. Unlike cops 30 years ago, who rarely wore anything beneath their uniform, they all wear bullet-proof vests. Another development is how incredibly well they coordinate with SWAT now and individualize their search, attack and investigation of perps in a personal nature, having studied everyone's character succinctly. Additionally, they are beginning to use the latest of weapons and armored personnel carriers. All of this would have been absolutely unheard of 40 years ago.

Remarkably, I WOULD have supported all of this, if they had started aggressively doing it in 2002, after 9-11, instead of invading hapless Afghanistan, who could no more have easily turned over Bin Laden than they could have stopped their poppy production. If it took us 10 years to nab BL, he was the slipperiest son-of-a-bitch and obviously had the best of escape plans for any scenario. A retard could have figured it out.

Yea, the readiness of the police today is very good when it comes to terrorists, but we are paying the highest of prices for it.
You should visit a library and educate yourself.

Liar.

What is tyranny to you?

Damn good question.

You should visit a library and educate yourself.

I have. I once glued myself to a chair and glued myself to the wall too at a library over here. I was there for more than half a day. :eek:

Forum List

Back