What is Truth?

No. Quite the opposite. I am deconvoluting the subject. Truth and perception of truth are two different things.
But ding, how can you or I know what truth is, separate from our perception of it? Everything we know is a perception, isn't it?

Truth is facts, reality, honesty and acceptance, no matter the personal or political costs.

Truth is facts, reality, honesty and acceptance, no matter the personal or political costs.
Yes, but we cannot know reality or "facts" outside our individual perception of it. It's not a big deal if we're talking about What Is A Tree? but it can be quite an issue when we discuss political matters.

Yes, but we cannot know reality or "facts" outside our individual perception of it. It's not a big deal if we're talking about What Is A Tree? but it can be quite an issue when we discuss political matters.

In my view, the truth is the truth no matter how difficult it is to find or to get others to acknowledge it. Even in politics

Argumets are eventually refined over time and eventually, even the most deniable truths will be known.

That would be perception of truth.

Trust you to convolute the matter.
No. Quite the opposite. I am deconvoluting the subject. Truth and perception of truth are two different things.
But ding, how can you or I know what truth is, separate from our perception of it? Everything we know is a perception, isn't it?
Let’s use forced slavery as an example. Is forced slavery ever right? Or is it my perception that forced slavery is wrong?

In my view, the truth is the truth no matter how difficult it is to find or to get others to acknowledge it. Even in politics

Argumets are eventually refined over time and eventually, even the most deniable truths will be known.
I agree. Truth is eventually discovered because error cannot stand. Eventually error fails because it is not true.

You can if you eliminate bias and a preference for an outcome. The difference between subjective and objective is bias.

An overview of the philosophy of truth.

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. —Thoreau

Truth tends to lead to successful action. In that much, truth has instrumental value. But truth also has intrinsic value. Given the choice between a life of limitless pleasure as a brain in a vat and a genuine human life along with all its pain and suffering, most people opt for the latter.

In Plato’s Cratylus, Socrates says that aletheia (Greek, ‘truth’) is a compression of the phrase ‘a wandering that is divine’. Since Plato, many thinkers have spoken of truth and God in the same breath, and truth has also been linked with things like justice, power, and freedom. According to John the Apostle, Jesus said to the Jews: “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

When Truth Isn't Truth

What Is Truth?
The mind wanders

Quotes
  • The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. ...
  • A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. ...
  • Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.
Why do you refer to the truth as it or an it? Reminded me of the song "Put your shoes on Lucy, cause were going to the city".

An overview of the philosophy of truth.

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. —Thoreau

Truth tends to lead to successful action. In that much, truth has instrumental value. But truth also has intrinsic value. Given the choice between a life of limitless pleasure as a brain in a vat and a genuine human life along with all its pain and suffering, most people opt for the latter.

In Plato’s Cratylus, Socrates says that aletheia (Greek, ‘truth’) is a compression of the phrase ‘a wandering that is divine’. Since Plato, many thinkers have spoken of truth and God in the same breath, and truth has also been linked with things like justice, power, and freedom. According to John the Apostle, Jesus said to the Jews: “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

When Truth Isn't Truth

What Is Truth?
Is a pearl a seed?

Forum List

Back