What is trolling?

That's more flooding the forum.

Trolling.....

Here's What You Need to Know About Internet Trolling
I dont really agree with that article. I see the trolls as deliberately posting crap that on investigation turns out to be......crap.
Some forums manage this and some ignore it.
There are a few posters on here that spam up the board with crap that is disproven pretty quickly but is still allowed to stand.

A while back one of the Alt righters posted a video purporting to be muslims rioting in London.It was actually a video of nazis attacking muslims in Cardiff. It will still be on the site somewhere. Credibility shot.

Low quality mods dont help the situation and give the trolls a paradise they dont deserve.

Impotent, irrational, irrelevant foreigners obsessively scanning headlines every 5 minutes to start troll threads about their betters is certainly trolling.
Although I am laughing this is a perfect example of trolling.This kid has just posted on this thread in order to attack another poster. He isnt the only one.

That's more flooding the forum.

Trolling.....

Here's What You Need to Know About Internet Trolling
I dont really agree with that article. I see the trolls as deliberately posting crap that on investigation turns out to be......crap.
Some forums manage this and some ignore it.
There are a few posters on here that spam up the board with crap that is disproven pretty quickly but is still allowed to stand.

A while back one of the Alt righters posted a video purporting to be muslims rioting in London.It was actually a video of nazis attacking muslims in Cardiff. It will still be on the site somewhere. Credibility shot.

Low quality mods dont help the situation and give the trolls a paradise they dont deserve.

Impotent, irrational, irrelevant foreigners obsessively scanning headlines every 5 minutes to start troll threads about their betters is certainly trolling.
Although I am laughing this is a perfect example of trolling.This kid has just posted on this thread in order to attack another poster. He isnt the only one.

Anti-America, one-trick pony troll ^^^^^^^^

If you want to see world class trolling go and take a look at the Europe forum.

You'd be picked last on an elementary school recess game.
So what? Insofar as one isn't aiming on USMB to engage in conversation fitting to an elementary school recess game, it doesn't matter whether your claim be so....Though perhaps among those who, on USMB, desire to have or who can only offer elementary-school levels of discursive content, perhaps it does matter.....

Longknife isn't a troll. He rarely creates threads, but when he does he creates a few at once, and half of them aren't even political.

`
Rule #1 - Don't feed the trolls. Yet, some people find it impossible to do that. Moreover, this invites people who just like to argue, it doesn't matter how stupid or useless the topic is. But to each, their own, I guess.

Freedom of speech should not cover outright falsehoods.

It has to cover "outright falsehoods," IMO, because what I think is an outright lie, you might believe is God's Own Truth. And that's what forums are all about, in fact. Who gets to vet what is and isn't a falsehood? Fake news? Slanted stories? No, free speech has to be just that: FREE speech. No matter what.

Then we can pick and choose what we like. I'm an advocate for people selecting to read those on their side and discarding the rest.

Forum List

Back