What is trolling?

Longknife kicks out about 8 and then nothing for a few days or a week or so. The problem is that you guys bitch but then all you do is kick out thread after thread of Trump and sit on your sanctimonious asses repeating the same shit over and over again. You fucking bore me.

You don't even have the balls to confront him directly.
yeah he is easily one of the biggest trolls that should be banned. there are all types of trollling but MAJOR trolling is what Rightwinger and Soupnazi do.dont ever watch videos and ignore evidence that there were multiple shooters that shot JFK and that the government could produce no facts that oswald shot him talking about books that toot the warren commission that have been debunked over and over again ignoing the physical evidence and witness testimonys and evading it changing the subject all the time,yet they are allowed to roam freely here all the time year after year.thats so fucked.

Longknife kicks out about 8 and then nothing for a few days or a week or so. The problem is that you guys bitch but then all you do is kick out thread after thread of Trump and sit on your sanctimonious asses repeating the same shit over and over again. You fucking bore me.

I have. He's not the only one that does it. I just can't remember the other's names right now.

Of course how does confronting him change anything? He's not going to stop because someone says something... in fact he might start to post even more out of spite. lol

Just looked, American Jihad is one of the other ones that creates a bundle of 5+ threads at a time.

He has not even been here in months.......since September.

BTW -- I checked.. NEW FZ threads DO show in the "active topics" right side panel. That panel is actual "NEW topics" not "Active Topics".. The Active Topics that you get to from the Menu Bar is weighted differently and depends on post frequency and volume. And for some reason -- FZ topics STOPPED showing up there recently. Probably because of the "group identities" we created for 100+ post count access to the FZ...

Yeah I see Flamezone topics in the new threads column on the right, but if you just click the "New posts" button on the top bar, Flamezone threads don't show up there.

I have. He's not the only one that does it. I just can't remember the other's names right now.

Of course how does confronting him change anything? He's not going to stop because someone says something... in fact he might start to post even more out of spite. lol

Just looked, American Jihad is one of the other ones that creates a bundle of 5+ threads at a time.

He has not even been here in months.......since September.

I said he was one of the people that used to do it.

yeah he is easily one of the biggest trolls that should be banned. there are all types of trollling but MAJOR trolling is what Rightwinger and Soupnazi do.dont ever watch videos and ignore evidence that there were multiple shooters that shot JFK and that the government could produce no facts that oswald shot him talking about books that toot the warren commission that have been debunked over and over again ignoing the physical evidence and witness testimonys and evading it changing the subject all the time,yet they are allowed to roam freely here all the time year after year.thats so fucked.

Since when is someone required to read something? And since when do you get to say who should and should not be banned. I do not see Longknife as a troll at all. No more than you. Should you be banned?

BTW you are getting off in Conspiracies. NO ONE has to read that if they choose not to.

That's more flooding the forum.

Trolling.....

Here's What You Need to Know About Internet Trolling
I dont really agree with that article. I see the trolls as deliberately posting crap that on investigation turns out to be......crap.
Some forums manage this and some ignore it.
There are a few posters on here that spam up the board with crap that is disproven pretty quickly but is still allowed to stand.

A while back one of the Alt righters posted a video purporting to be muslims rioting in London.It was actually a video of nazis attacking muslims in Cardiff. It will still be on the site somewhere. Credibility shot.

Low quality mods dont help the situation and give the trolls a paradise they dont deserve.

Doesn't much matter what you believe, or agree with. That link merely gave an idea of what trolling was.
I am certain you know what trolling is.
I am certain you know what trolling is.
LOL You're a mod. Should you really be saying something like that? LOL

Who better than a Mod to say it. Hmmmm?????

American Jihad is one of the other ones that creates a bundle of 5+ threads at a time.
I didn't and don't want this to become a thread of naming names. It's not about that. Indeed, that is why the screenshot I put in post #2 is sized as it is.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
thats so fucked.
This i2s a message board, aka a chat forum

I rarely watch videos, nor do I read often read long opinion pieces linked by other members

You want to change my mind? Then YOU explain it to me in a succinct and compelling way

Trolling means different things to different people

For some, it means constantly pushing info from biased sources (ie posting without using original thought)

For others, it means conversing with the intent to enflame, harass or annoy

Others still would define it as purposefully derailing a conversation

None of those definitions are wrong either

Too many people take this (and themselves) way too seriously

Here is my deal, if you show intelligence, humility and wit, I will treat you with deference and respect

If not, I won't. And if you fuck with me or bully someone unfairly, then it's best for you if you have really thick skin and don't get frustrated or upset easily...

I like smart liberals more than stupid conservatives, at least insofar as having a discussion

Last edited:
I don't really know, but when I look at the short "active topics" list on the right side of the page and see all eight slots filled by one person in the space of ten minutes, what comes to mind for me is this:

latest

wallpaper.jpg

I don't really know, but when I look at the short "active topics" list on the right side of the page and see all eight slots filled by one person in the space of ten minutes, what comes to mind for me is this:

latest

When you used to post as 320yearsofhistory, there were many times when a large percentage of the postings in the clean debate section was yours.

Was that trolling, or just your wanting to dominate the clean debate section?

Trolling is usually defined as saying things just to piss people off, so I wouldn't say you were trolling. It takes more than just a profligate posting pattern to be considered a troll

I would personally define the practice of flooding the board with inane threads as spamming...

But, it's just easier to create threads like this? It's some punk ass shit. This thread was created before another one on Trump on twitter.

I do it. Every so often I read through everything and things I find interesting or that have the potential to become political are posted in the global forums or others. Those forums aren't active or are barely active.

When someone posts 7+ threads in a row all in the same forum, it pushes other more pertinent threads further down the list, and depending on how some people peruse the forum, they miss the other posts. Personally I just hit the new posts button all day and don't go into each separate forum... so now I no longer see Flamezone threads.

Pertinent threads are in the eye of the beholder.

Trolling.....

I dont really agree with that article. I see the trolls as deliberately posting crap that on investigation turns out to be......crap.
There are a few posters on here that spam up the board with crap that is disproven pretty quickly but is still allowed to stand.

A while back one of the Alt righters posted a video purporting to be muslims rioting in London.It was actually a video of nazis attacking muslims in Cardiff. It will still be on the site somewhere. Credibility shot.

Low quality mods dont help the situation and give the trolls a paradise they dont deserve.

In my mind, that is the confluence of indolence, ignorance and insipidity.

Nawww.. It's actually independent of "quality" of content. You can't moderate "ignorance". And if you're not patient enough to attempt to FIX ignorance -- then you're not real good at "discussion"..

What it REALLY IS -- is a PATTERN of attempting to interrupt conversation by attempting to the change the subject. Can be done many ways.

1) By personal taunting and intimidation. TARGETING specific posters to engage them personally. Making the topic about this personal feud. .

2) By excessive "whataboutism" where the Venn Diagram of topical discussion is inverted to ONLY include things that are OFF topic.

3) By simply doing a bad "stand-up comedy" routine and just mocking the intended topic of discussion.

4) A penchant to just DERAIL threads with petty PERSONAL priorities about subjects NOT related to the topic.

IMO -- there is no such thing as a SINGLE trolling post. There's a pattern to the trolling behavior. Just like trolling from a boat isn't dipping the bait and just reeling it back in.

Well slap me till Tuesday...

Ima troll?

Crap.

Trolling.....

In my mind, that is the confluence of indolence, ignorance and insipidity.

Nawww.. It's actually independent of "quality" of content. You can't moderate "ignorance". And if you're not patient enough to attempt to FIX ignorance -- then you're not real good at "discussion"..

What it REALLY IS -- is a PATTERN of attempting to interrupt conversation by attempting to the change the subject. Can be done many ways.

1) By personal taunting and intimidation. TARGETING specific posters to engage them personally. Making the topic about this personal feud. .

2) By excessive "whataboutism" where the Venn Diagram of topical discussion is inverted to ONLY include things that are OFF topic.

3) By simply doing a bad "stand-up comedy" routine and just mocking the intended topic of discussion.

4) A penchant to just DERAIL threads with petty PERSONAL priorities about subjects NOT related to the topic.

IMO -- there is no such thing as a SINGLE trolling post. There's a pattern to the trolling behavior. Just like trolling from a boat isn't dipping the bait and just reeling it back in.

Well slap me till Tuesday...

Ima troll?

Crap.

No.. more like a professional comedian. Subtle diff.

Say... shouldn't I be getting paid?
I don't accept credit cards, but I'm good with cheap, gaudy jewelry and beer.

Trolling.....

Impotent, irrational, irrelevant foreigners obsessively scanning headlines every 5 minutes to start troll threads about their betters is certainly trolling.

Forum List

Back