CDZ What is "traditional marriage"?

Demographic groups that have the specific pieces parts are all that is required.

Sorry you don't get that.

Except that many from the demographic group that have the specific pieces parts that are required to reproduce many times are unable to reproduce due to other reasons.

And, FYI, homosexuals also have the specific pieces parts to reproduce, (they are not a totally different type of human with different private parts) although not with each other, but there are many ways that a couple can acquire a family.

Your argument is really lame if you're trying to make it about being able to have children.

The facts are that throughout recorded history people all over the world 99.99% practiced male and female "Traditional Marriage".

Only a tiny 0.01% for short periods of time allowed the abomination of "Sodomite Marriage".

And it was always stamped out for being a perversion. ...... :cool:

The facts are that throughout recorded history people all over the world 99.99% practiced male and female "Traditional Marriage".

Only a tiny 0.01% for short periods of time allowed the abomination of "Sodomite Marriage".

And it was always stamped out for being a perversion. ...... :cool:

I suspect you're referring to homosexuality but in point of fact, the word "sodomy" has been used to mean other things besides anal sex. And, as we all know, heterosexual married couples also indulge.

But you are correct that invasive Big Government meddling in and controlling our private lives is nothing new.

Okay, so ... bottom line is no one has been able to dispute the OP - that there is no such thing as "traditional" marriage.

IN the United states there is, from my earlier post. The United States military was sent into the Utah Territories to insure the institution of marriage remained between one man and one woman.

Yes, that is one of the many changes that have been made to the custom of marriage.

And it proves my point - that the definition of marriage has changed in the past and will very likely change in the future.

Utah was not yet a state.

Good lord

And early laws were passed before the US was a country.

You have said you want to discuss ONLY the US and yet introduce laws passed in an area that was not part of the US.

So, which is it?

US only? Or other areas as well?

Wow, let's allow US citizens to vote WORLD WIDE.

I will comment on TRADITION of this country, the only thing we have control over and IT'S traditions.

Where did I say it was, my statement was quite clear that someone loving a cat does not weaken my marriage, but really, I don't want the government sanctioning cat love for that reason.

Love your deflection though.

Kinda cute

My response should have been directed at MaryL.....she's the one that brought up the cat issue.

But if you think the government is ever going to sanction cat love legal for marriage you're as bad as the Texans who think Obama is planning a takeover of the state.

Good lord.

I was responding to the argument "how will gay marriage effect your marriage"

Answer, about as much as someone marrying thier cat..... Or...... It won't, but that does not mean I want legalized cat marriage.

I want to marry my CAT, sez Mr. HAT. And say adopt like is normal, sez Mr Snormal. Who needs or sperm, says Mr. Nerm? We will change the laws, say they are flawed, sez Ms. Snicked. How dare they say we are wicked?

How could you marrying your cat effect my marriage?

These are fun little games.

The cat is not a consenting adult. Why is it so difficult for you to understand "consenting"?

Where did I say it was, my statement was quite clear that someone loving a cat does not weaken my marriage, but really, I don't want the government sanctioning cat love for that reason.

Kinda cute

Just just as marriage equality would not "weaken" your own marriage.

But, I do agree with Mertex point about consenting adults.

So in your opinion, and because this is your argument, we should allow cat/human marriage?

OK?

But you are correct that invasive Big Government meddling in and controlling our private lives is nothing new.
Historically, the stomping out of Sodomy and wasn't carried out by so called Big Government.

People in small towns and villages all over the world eradicated sodomites whenever they found them. ..... :cool:

Actually, people in small towns, villages and big cities have always practiced more than just Slot A to Tab B sex. Its Big Government, usually pressured by the current crop of fundie nutters who passed laws reflecting whatever their particular hang-up was.

As we know, people who say they hate gays are desperately trying to hide their fears about their own sexuality.

Obviously, what is now considered "Big Government" is somewhat different from what it has been at other times in history, the result is the same - meddling in the private lives of citizens.

I want to marry my CAT, sez Mr. HAT. And say adopt like is normal, sez Mr Snormal. Who needs or sperm, says Mr. Nerm? We will change the laws, say they are flawed, sez Ms. Snicked. How dare they say we are wicked?

How could you marrying your cat effect my marriage?

These are fun little games.

The cat is not a consenting adult. Why is it so difficult for you to understand "consenting"?

Kinda cute

Just just as marriage equality would not "weaken" your own marriage.

But, I do agree with Mertex point about consenting adults.

So in your opinion, and because this is your argument, we should allow cat/human marriage?

OK?

Please don't do that.

Please do not lie about what I wrote. Again, here it is:

"Just just as marriage equality would not "weaken" your own marriage.

But, I do agree with Mertex point about consenting adults."

Okay, so ... bottom line is no one has been able to dispute the OP - that there is no such thing as "traditional" marriage.

IN the United states there is, from my earlier post. The United States military was sent into the Utah Territories to insure the institution of marriage remained between one man and one woman.

Yes, that is one of the many changes that have been made to the custom of marriage.

And it proves my point - that the definition of marriage has changed in the past and will very likely change in the future.

Good lord

You have said you want to discuss ONLY the US and yet introduce laws passed in an area that was not part of the US.

So, which is it?

I will comment on TRADITION of this country, the only thing we have control over and IT'S traditions.

Okay, first you said 'the world'.
Then it was modern-day US and excluding laws passed before the US was a country.
Then it was continental US and included areas that were not states.

Now you say "TRADITION of this country", which, as I have proven, has seen marriage change repeatedly.

The only "tradition" the US has concerning marriage is that it changes and will continue to change.

That you don't like it really is not germane to the discussion. You're more than welcome to your opinion but it doesn't really matter any more than mine does.

Traditional marriage is the commodification of women by men. A man gives his daughter to another men to cement alliances and gain economic advantage.

It's why other women traditionally cry at weddings. If it were a joyful event no one'd be crying.

Actually, people in small towns, villages and big cities have always practiced more than just Slot A to Tab B sex. Its Big Government, usually pressured by the current crop of fundie nutters who passed laws reflecting whatever their particular hang-up was.
Wanting to preserve and protect "Traditional Marriage" is not a hang-up.

It's for the good of the people and the culture. ...... :cool:

Wanting to preserve and protect "Traditional Marriage" is not a hang-up.

It's for the good of the people and the culture. ...... :cool:

What I actually wrote:

Historically, the stomping out of Sodomy and wasn't carried out by so called Big Government.

People in small towns and villages all over the world eradicated sodomites whenever they found them. ..... :cool:

As we know, people who say they hate gays are desperately trying to hide their fears about their own sexuality.

Obviously, what is now considered "Big Government" is somewhat different from what it has been at other times in history, the result is the same - meddling in the private lives of citizens.

There is no reason to believe that allowing Big Government or religious zealots of any denomination into our bedrooms is good for society.

Good lord

So, which is it?

Okay, first you said 'the world'.
Then it was modern-day US and excluding laws passed before the US was a country.
Then it was continental US and included areas that were not states.

Now you say "TRADITION of this country", which, as I have proven, has seen marriage change repeatedly.

The only "tradition" the US has concerning marriage is that it changes and will continue to change.

That you don't like it really is not germane to the discussion. You're more than welcome to your opinion but it doesn't really matter any more than mine does.

So you make a statement and project it on me.

I argue about the tradition of a country. That country is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, that YOU CLAIM TO BE 400 YEARS OLD. (Geez, how do you argue with someone who thinks that!)

THE TRADITION IS, IN THE USA, IS MARRIAGE HAS ALWAYS BEEN BETWEEN ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN.

Btw: Utah was not admitted until AFTER THEY DROPPED PLURAL MARRIAGE SO THAT EVERY STATE ALLOWED ONLY ONE MAN TO WED ONE WOMAN.

Get it?

Forum List

Back