CDZ What is to be done with the "homeless?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's telling when we are more concerned with giving sanctuary to people avoiding federal immigration law than our own poor here and now, and giving our own poor and needy help above and beyond foreign nationals of questionable immigration status. We have this huge homeless jobless issue, but "WE" give sanctuary to illegal aliens. Americans, the homeless camp in our streets but "politicians" say they speak for US? Who is US, anyway?
equal protection of the law could solve this problem for US poor. the right wing has a problem with it.
Our beloved Constitution says nobody is above the law. Presidents down to people sneaking in or people that make buku bucks of illegal aliens. And particularly when the people that exploit illegals make neoslavery seem so humanitarian it's the same ol same ol.
there is no express immigration clause. the right wing likes to create hardship and the general Badfare not convenience and the general Welfare.

Does any one remember when they got VOTE to make their city/state a sanctuary for foreign WHATZITS? Democracy. I have a gay Jew Californian in Colorado governor telling us we want to make this a sanctuary state. I get It now, the puppet masters will win, they seem to always win I am supposed to give up? Because I will double down now, and neither should any of you.

Last edited:

Many cities have approached the problem of homelessness by pushing for jobs first and then get a place to live. That does not work because employers won't hire street people into permanent jobs. In other words to get a job that will pay you enough to have a place to live requires that you already have a place to live. This became the logic of providing housing for homeless first then jobs.

Plurality. The majority, that's what Democracy is about. Nobody in Denver willingly allowed this city to be a sanctuary city. Last fucking 25 years + I was juror. I needed a godamned Spanish interpreter. I was born in this fucking state unlike his honor Polis. , we are like 1000 miles from Mexico and WE need to acclimate to THEM? That is so fucking outrageous. Coloradans should be able to vote on whether or not illegals aliens get sanctuary status , not out of staters . You listening, Polis?

Denver proponents real ones used to push this state first agenda. Mayor Love, Governor Lamm. The people that fought the engines of big growth and the 76' Olympics. Against moving the airport, light rail people, like Gene Amole, people like Carl Akers . Even people like Alan Berg. I have been here that long.

Last edited:
Does any one remember when they got VOTE to make their city/state a sanctuary for foreign WHATZITS? Democracy. I have a gay Jew Californian in Colorado governor telling us we want to make this a sanctuary state. I get It now, the puppet masters will win, they seem to always win I am supposed to give up? Because I will double down now, and neither should any of you.
Despite the fact that you're trying to hijack this discussion about the homeless to discuss illegal immigrants and sanctuary, I will respond.

Sanctuary in this context means limiting cooperation with the federal government's effort to enforce immigration law. Leaders of sanctuary want to reduce fear of deportation and possible family break-up among people who are in the country illegally, so that such people will be more willing to report crimes, use health and social services, and enroll their children in school. In no way are sanctuary city law enforcement obstructing the federal government immigration enforcement. They are just not going to use local and state tax dollars to help enforce federal immigration laws. Local and state government is not violating any federal laws, as immigration enforcement is a responsibility of the federal goverment, not states or local goverment.

Your state like mine is not a democracy. Like the federal government it is a representative democracy. So if you disagree with your legislators or governor work to remove them. And if you don't like what your state is doing, their are plenty of red states that will welcome you.

Now, let's get back to the subject of this thread.

Is it? Despite the fact its never ever put up to a vote.
I am redirecting. Think of me as an illegal alien.
Then you might get all warm and fuzzy.

All this thread has done is to confirm that most posters are emotionally disturbed mental midgets who are entirely incapable of rational thought or discussion.

Given that homelessness is a national problem it's only right that local D.C. government build high-rise apartment blocks and allow those who otherwise would be homeless to move in and take root. There is no better place where their being seen wandering about every day might impress those in government.
I would like to see them sent to Mara Lago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back