What is there to learn from history?

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2011
Simple, that history changed after millions of years when Jefferson discovered that freedom from liberal government was the missing element that had held humanity back for millions of years!!

That's why Jefferson owned human beings, including his mistress and their children.

Edward, why are you so weird?

Simple, that history changed after millions of years when Jefferson discovered that freedom from liberal government was the missing element that had held humanity back for millions of years!!

Jefferson was one of our best Democratic Presidents

Too stupid and 100% CON$ervoFascist. What does your fear tell you?

As a Democrat, Jefferson valued liberty and freedom

Values Democrats still value

I think the great Lord Acton summed it up rather well with this, “Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.”

Man is a weak and fallible being. Giving one or several people the power to control the rest of us, leads to disaster over and over again.

Pretty much explains centuries of murder, suffering, and destruction committed by the powers that be. You would think the people would learn, but no.

Today power in America and around the world continues to be centralized into the hands of a few, who have and will cause great harm.

Gipper, all of that is true.

However, democracy with an enforcement of minority rights, remains the best form of government.

This talk of communism or libertarianism in America would only bring even more suffering.

However, democracy with an enforcement of minority rights, remains the best form of government.

This talk of communism or libertarianism in America would only bring even more suffering.

Democracy you say? I do not want democracy in its most pure form. That is mob rule.

I prefer a representative republic with many checks and balances...sort of like the one our Founders designed.

The beauty of history on these boards is that history can be what ever posters want it to be. If a poster wants Jefferson to be a conservative, bingo, Jefferson is a conservative, if he wants Romney to have delivered the Gettysburg Address, bingo Romney delivered it. These politial bends of history by poster's I call "opinion-history." Do they work, if you want to believe, they work.

Democracy with minority protection. You ignored that second part. No, the republic of our Founders was so impaired concerning human rights that it had to be amended. So it was in both politics and war. We are not going back.

Democracy you say? I do not want democracy in its most pure form. That is mob rule.

I prefer a representative republic with many checks and balances...sort of like the one our Founders designed.

I think the great Lord Acton summed it up rather well with this, “Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.”

Man is a weak and fallible being. Giving one or several people the power to control the rest of us, leads to disaster over and over again.

Pretty much explains centuries of murder, suffering, and destruction committed by the powers that be. You would think the people would learn, but no.

Today power in America and around the world continues to be centralized into the hands of a few, who have and will cause great harm.

If you feel that the FF were purist then you have clouded your mind over with propaganda, look up Whiskey rebellion, Alien Sedition Act and the issue of slavery.

The beauty of history on these boards is that history can be what ever posters want it to be. If a poster wants Jefferson to be a conservative, bingo, Jefferson is a conservative,.

was there a human being on earth who was more in support of freedom from liberal government?? Why be so afraid to say??

Jefferson owned human beings, Edward: kind of invalidates your point. Hmmmm?

I prefer a Constitution like the one Jefferson gave us that limits federal government to a few enumerated powers.

Of course only a liberal could be so stupid as to imagine that limited government would cause suffering when government has always been the source of suffering in all of human history. Suppose the big liberals, Hitler Stalin and Mao had lived in libertarian countries??

See why we are 100% positive a liberal will be slow, very very slow!!!

l'il eddy knows TJ was a human owner, which invalidates l'il eddy's points.

No debate for you.

Jefferson was one of our best Democratic Presidents

If you have evidence that his party was the Democratic Party , not the Republican Party, I'll pay you $10,000. Bet or run away again with your liberal tail between your legs.

Of course only a liberal could be so stupid as to imagine that limited government would cause suffering when government has always been the source of suffering in all of human history. Suppose the big liberals, Hitler Stalin and Mao had lived in libertarian countries??

So now you are saying that jefferson was the source of suffering.

Hitler was no liberal, gheesh, rewriting history as you go?

Forum List

Back