What is the Weirdest Food you have ever eaten?

I once ate a Ukrainian delicacy at a Christmas banquet in Kiev. The delicacy is what we would call a slice of lard. Fuck, I can still taste it - uugh!

My former boss was once served (close your eyes and skip to the next post if you're squeamish, scroll down if you're not)....

the brains of a live monkey. The monkey's head was jammed through a hole in the underside of the table with the rest of the monkey in a box under the table. At the signal of the host (a Chinese government official) the silver cover was removed from the table in front of each diner, revealing the top of the head of their personal monkey. A special waiter then visited each monkey's head with something like a samurai sword and, hey presto.

After the shrieking dies away, you eat them warm with a special spoon. If you are a gourmet, you're supposed to eat them before the shrieking dies away.

Sorry. I did warn you.

I ate sea urchin eggs once.

And btw....when you're eating sushi, the white stuff is NOT cream or alfredo sauce. Just fyi.

And folks, please be careful pulling stuff out of your animal's asses. A tapeworm bit can get on your finger and into your mouth and regenerate in your gut. Wash your hands up to your elbows for about 30 minutes with as hot and soapy water as you possibly can after pulling ANYTHING out of the butt of a dog or cat.

I didn't get sick when I pulled it out but then again, I wrapped a paper towel around the twig before pulling it out. I didn't want to touch any poop.

Why, oh why did I read TigerBobs post.................:(

I know, he warned me, but I had no IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

My high school used to use road kill provided by Fish and Game. We had more meat on the menu (and seconds!) than any school cafeteria in the nation.

Last edited:
Not at all.

I believe prisons still use road kill. I know USDA still does for food banks.

We aren't talking possums, though. This is venison, and fresh. It isn't like they show up 3-4 days later and pick it up.

Not at all.

I believe prisons still use road kill. I know USDA still does for food banks.

We aren't talking possums, though. This is venison, and fresh. It isn't like they show up 3-4 days later and pick it up.

Oh. OK.

You seriously got venision? At school? That's actually quite cool.

Lol. None of us thought so. We all ate venison year round anyway.

We preferred beef and the soy-beef stuff because it was different.

But the stew and the haystacks and the spaghetti (very meaty) and the tacos and enchiladas and tamale pie and the other stuff supplemented or made with venison, that was everyday stuff.

Lol. None of us thought so. We all ate venison year round anyway.

We preferred beef and the soy-beef stuff because it was different.

But the stew and the haystacks and the spaghetti (very meaty) and the tacos and enchiladas and tamale pie and the other stuff supplemented or made with venison, that was everyday stuff.

Sigh - I suppose I would even get tired of Kobe Beef if I had the chance to eat it every day, and boy would I love to have the chance.

Sigh - I suppose I would even get tired of Kobe Beef if I had the chance to eat it every day, and boy would I love to have the chance.

oh man---had some in Kobe after we went to the pristine "stockyards" . I guess you could call em that. Damn that stuff is awesome !

oh man---had some in Kobe after we went to the pristine "stockyards" . I guess you could call em that. Damn that stuff is awesome !

I had mine in Tokyo. Isn't it the most astonishing stuff you ever tasted? If someone said it was twice as good as filet mignon they would be doing it a huuuuge injustice.

It all depends on how you dress it. Rank venison is the most foul crap on the face of the earth. The secret is BONE EVERYTHING and trim off anything that's white. And for God's sakes, don't puncture the bladder or let hair get onto the carcass. And never cut through deer bone. Just cut the meat off it.

But our fish and game guys (who were also the dads of kids I went to school with) were hunters and game-dressers extraordinaire so our stuff was never gamey or even identifiable as venison. I didn't know until I saw them bring it in and put it in the school freezer one day during lunch that we used road kill. That's how I found out.

I had mine in Tokyo. Isn't it the most astonishing stuff you ever tasted? If someone said it was twice as good as filet mignon they would be doing it a huuuuge injustice.

awesome stuff---melt in your mouth beef--you almost don't need to even chew it. Beer fed. Guess they are happy for awhile huh ?

Forum List

Back