What is the Weirdest Food you have ever eaten?

Does 'I don't know' count? I ate a few things in India that would have been rude to ask questions about.

If I have to know what it was I suppose escargot... culinary proof that anything soaked in enough garlic and butter tastes o.k.

-Joe

I've tried weird foods like escargot, frog legs, venison, different ethnic foods but the weirdest thing I've heard (but never done) is when Yogis eat rope to clean the digestive system.

They swallow a piece of rope, it goes through the digestive process and is kind of pulled through at the very end of said process...

Weird, huh?

I've tried weird foods like escargot, frog legs, venison, different ethnic foods but the weirdest thing I've heard (but never done) is when Yogis eat rope to clean the digestive system.

They swallow a piece of rope, it goes through the digestive process and is kind of pulled through at the very end of said process...

Weird, huh?

Maybe this is the time to tell you all about pulling the tinsel out of my cat's butt????

Maybe this is the time to tell you all about pulling the tinsel out of my cat's butt????

:lol:

I did that to my daughter's dog. It wasn't tinsel but she used to eat grass and kind of longish twigs...

:lol:

Your getting a rep for that one.

i was thinking gator or snake...snails are just another reason to eat butter...frog legs are great...buffalo is dry..too dry for my taste

My dad is the consummate hunter. He kills it and rips out the heart and than cooks it. So nothing much ever shocked me.

He's also a fantastic cook.

One day he put stew in front of me and said "Eat it". I did, it was delicious. And then the told me it was Squirrel Stew! :eek:

so where'd you get it? Hanging around in India on your off days? lol

I live with a guy from Hong Kong---him and his wife found it at an Asian Market in Austin. I think they have to actually freeze them to get them here from Asia. I liked it but I think because it was described to be as like a banana or vanilla custard. Some people were SO disgusted when we cut it open they wouldnt come near it. Very odd stuff.

I ate sea urchin eggs once.

And btw....when you're eating sushi, the white stuff is NOT cream or alfredo sauce. Just fyi.

And folks, please be careful pulling stuff out of your animal's asses. A tapeworm bit can get on your finger and into your mouth and regenerate in your gut. Wash your hands up to your elbows for about 30 minutes with as hot and soapy water as you possibly can after pulling ANYTHING out of the butt of a dog or cat.

And strolling, sorry about your buffalo experience. It's usually best when the burger is mixed with beef or pig lard because it's so lean. But I LOVE buffalo.

And venison isn't exotic where I come from. I spent two years without eating any storebought meat except maybe a turkey one year for Thanksgiving. It was venison, goat, goose, quail, duck, chicken...all home grown or hunted. Then beef later, but it takes a little longer for them to get big enough to butcher.

I ate bear once, too. It tasted like pork..only the meat was darker. It was yummy.

When I lived in upstate NY we hired a nanny to look after our kids for a while, a local farm gal, who's mom ran a local farm stand. One summer this huge mushroom appeared in my side yard, the size and shape of a large human head. When I went upstairs for lunch she had it washed up, sliced, and fried up with vegetable oil. It was excellent, and even my kids ate it up! Calvatia gigantea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And folks, please be careful pulling stuff out of your animal's asses. A tapeworm bit can get on your finger and into your mouth and regenerate in your gut. Wash your hands up to your elbows for about 30 minutes with as hot and soapy water as you possibly can after pulling ANYTHING out of the butt of a dog or cat.

NOW YOU TELL ME! :eek:

Well, this happened 20 years ago, right around this time. My cat (Kiki Lou) ate the tinsel off our Christmas tree while I was at school.

My friend Lauren and I were sitting in my living room, and here comes Kiki Lou, scooting on his butt across the wooden floor. I'm like "WTH?"

I grab and and see the tinsel hanging out of his bum. So Lauren is holding him while I'm pulling and pulling and pulling all of this tinsel out of his butt. I swear it went on forever!

We didn't get sick, and that dang cat is 21 years old now! Now he's just losing his hair and teeth, just like any old man! ;)

I haven't had snail...squid I have. Haven't done the frog thing. I've had rabbit.

For weird you can't beat a catfish. Those things live on shit and you have to kill them with a board and a nail or else just skin them alive. Blech. I used to love them when my dad would catch and cook them. After catching one of my own, it was just never the same. I can't handle them.

And I actually ate squaw fish once, which are also trash fish. Some non-locals around here will eat them when they catch them (some Mexicans but generally blacks)...the locals kill them and either collect a bounty on them or just leave them on the bank (they eat baby salmon, I think. At any rate, there's a bounty on them) but when I was working at the group home, a couple of our staff (sometimes hard to tell them from the residents) and a couple of our residents caught a whole bucketful of them, and there was another staff, a black lady who was a good cook, and they cooked those puppies up. I made it through two before I couldn't handle it anymore. They really were good, but I just couldn't get past the idea that I was eating trash fish. It was the whole catfish/sucker thing all over again. Once I'd eaten a little I was done and I do mean done.

But they were fine tasting. Better than half the stocked trout you get and all the wild salmon, once it gets this far upriver.

NOW YOU TELL ME! :eek:

Well, this happened 20 years ago, right around this time. My cat (Kiki Lou) ate the tinsel off our Christmas tree while I was at school.

My friend Lauren and I were sitting in my living room, and here comes Kiki Lou, scooting on his butt across the wooden floor. I'm like "WTH?"

I grab and and see the tinsel hanging out of his bum. So Lauren is holding him while I'm pulling and pulling and pulling all of this tinsel out of his butt. I swear it went on forever!

We didn't get sick, and that dang cat is 21 years old now! Now he's just losing his hair and teeth, just like any old man! ;)

Many people can live successfully with their tapeworms for decades. Perhaps you are one of the lucky ones!

Forum List

Back