what is the source of Liberal affection and interest in Romney?

He's the father of american government run healthcare, what do you expect?

Which is ANOTHER reason why no conservative should take the republican party seriously. Newt and Mitt, those are the 2 you pick? 4 years ago it was McCain? Nothing says conservative icon like Newt, Mitt and McCain!

Valid point. I think Conservativism has been sort of lost since the Berlin Wall Fell. It's not really sure what it is about anymore. It really needs to define what it is as a philosophy before finding a champion.

It took us over a decade and a half. It can be done.

And my Prime Minister wears the most horrid suits. Only brown polyester comes out of his closet. Takes his kid to hockey practice. Plays rock and roll on the piano and fosters cats in our version of the White House.

And our country (and by the way I'm a dual citizen so I feel I have the right to criticize what has happened) has been handled by exceptional individuals and not academics.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you Canadian? Canada is far from conservative.

Opinion - The Globe and Mail

For our purposes, let’s go with net debt. By this conservative measure, Canada’s public debt – provinces and territories included – reached a milestone in the past fiscal year. With $616.9-billion in federal debt and $434.9-billion in provincial debt, Canada has broken the trillion-dollar barrier with a combined federal-provincial debt of $1.05-trillion.

This isn’t one of Canada’s greatest achievements. In abstract terms, a trillion-dollar debt takes us close to 100 per cent of GDP, putting Canada’s debt right up there, in relative terms, with Greece, Ireland, Spain and Portugal – and, for that matter, with the United States. In absolute terms, a trillion-dollar debt puts every man, woman and child in the country $33,333 in hock without counting credit cards, car payments and mortgages.

Forum List

Back