What is the scope of your religious freedom as a business?

Those are all dumb questions, RW. Have you been thinking again?
Dumb questions? Really?

Doctor refuses to treat baby of lesbian parents because they re gay.

It seems odd that a doctor would draw the line at lesbians

There are may sinners much worse than being a lesbian. Single mothers, atheists, interfaith marriages. Yet the doctor would deliver their babies

Yeah...you gotta wonder in all her years of practice if she ever encountered an unwed mother.

Dumb questions? Really?

There are may sinners much worse than being a lesbian. Single mothers, atheists, interfaith marriages. Yet the doctor would deliver their babies

Yeah...you gotta wonder in all her years of practice if she ever encountered an unwed mother.

You have to look pretty hard to find passages in the Bible against homosexuality. Homosexuality didn't even qualify as a Ten Commandment

Seems a "real Christian" doctor would be more upset with atheists and adulterers which are in the Ten Commandments

Dumb questions? Really?

There are many Christian doctors who routinely treat those who are unmarried and living with someone, patients who have VD, patients who are atheists and destined for hell

Yet, somehow, a baker making a cake for a gay wedding is protected from jeopardizing their faith

Has our country reached a point where business can now serve moral judgement on its customers?
Businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone. Let the fags cry.
So, you don't understand the commerce clause within the constitution. Or maybe you hate the constitution. Take yer pick.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

So Red states are clamoring to pass laws allowing business to refuse to serve those who their religious beliefs say are sinners

- Can a doctor cite his religious objection to adultery and refuse to deliver a baby to a woman who is not married?

- Can businesses in a community refuse to serve a couple who are unmarried and live together?

- Can a business refuse to serve at a wedding among atheists?

Total fail from the get go.
First, states are not clamoring to pass laws. Most states already have some version of this law, and have had it for 20 years.
Second, no law allows businesses to refuse to serve people they think are sinners.
Third, yet another fucking stupid thread on this topic where the left shows how utterly clueless they are as to what the law is all about.
Nutsucker, I applaud your stupidity and ignorance!

So Red states are clamoring to pass laws allowing business to refuse to serve those who their religious beliefs say are sinners

- Can a doctor cite his religious objection to adultery and refuse to deliver a baby to a woman who is not married?

- Can businesses in a community refuse to serve a couple who are unmarried and live together?

Total fail from the get go.
First, states are not clamoring to pass laws. Most states already have some version of this law, and have had it for 20 years.
Second, no law allows businesses to refuse to serve people they think are sinners.
Third, yet another fucking stupid thread on this topic where the left shows how utterly clueless they are as to what the law is all about.
Nutsucker, I applaud your stupidity and ignorance!

What do you think the law protecting a business like a baker refusing to make a cake for a gay wedding does?

The baker feels the gays are sinners and is refusing to participate in their wedding

Why can't a baker do the same thing with atheists?

They should be req'd to house their *cough* "business' in church basements.

It does raise a question of how potential customers are supposed to know the religious leaning of a business

It does raise a question of how potential customers are supposed to know the religious leaning of a business
Which shouldn't be required in the first place. Should it matter that I buy shoes from the Jews or pistons from the Christians? Nope, I have what is required for the transaction, greenbacks.

Dumb questions? Really?

Trust Slate to take a kernel of truth and plant a field of lies.

The child wasn't sick and didn't need treatment. The parents had interviewed several medical practitioners including this one. After meeting with the parents the doctor felt that she could not form the bond she felt was necessary to provide well baby care.

The doctor is not an MD. She is an OD.

Which shouldn't be required in the first place. Should it matter that I buy shoes from the Jews or pistons from the Christians? Nope, I have what is required for the transaction, greenbacks.

That is the way it used to be after we settled things after the Civil Rights act

Now conservatives are opening new doors in the battle against......"We don't serve n*ggers here"

I'll answer you silly questions.

I believe in a free country a person is free to serve or not to serve whoever the hell they want to.

1) A woman having a baby more than likely has been a patient of that doctor for a while so the chance of the doctor not delivering the baby is as stupid as the person that posed the question.

2) Specify which business and what service is refused.

3) Yes.

The ^ "questions" are without relevance.

The law that passed in Indiana merely gave a legal right to sue (or defend) to those who would seek to make out the claim that the government is seeking or would be seeking to impose an undue burden on their right of religious belief and practice.

It would not make it "legal" to discriminate against gays in general, no matter what the popular liberal propaganda might have you believe.

Not just the government, anyone. That is one of the differences from the federal law. The other is the protection was afforded to for profit businesses as well as not for profit.

The law allows a defense for religious belief.
If one is using that defense than the discrimination has already occurred. That is why people believe it is a permission as it gives a defensible position for one to discriminate.

That is the way it used to be after we settled things after the Civil Rights act

Now conservatives are opening new doors in the battle against......"We don't serve n*ggers here"
just like Rand was advocating last year if I remember correctly

The bigots want to be able to serve cake to a straight who is getting married for the third time but not to a newlywed gay couple, because they think its gays who are ruining marriage.

It just doesn't get more hypocritical or stupid as that.

This isn't about religious freedom. Religion has nothing to do with it. This is about the freedom to be a hateful sanctimonious retard. Just like their KKK political ancestors.

Using God as a pretense for being a bigot is as evil as it gets.

Last edited:
The bigots want to be able to serve cake to a straight who is getting married for the third time but not to a newlywed gay couple, because they think its gays who are ruining marriage.

This isn't about religious freedom. Religion has nothing to do with it. This is about the freedom to be a hateful sanctimonious retard. Just like their KKK political ancestors.

Nobody will admit it, but this is all coming down to conservatives acknowledging that they have lost the battle against gay marriage

If they can't stop gays from marrying, they can still do their best to stop it from being a pleasant experience

JMO. But what we should have is universal non-discrimination laws that include GLBT. But the criminal penalty should be extremely small. However, there is still a civil law issue. If I'm a baker, and I discriminate against you because you're gay, you can sue me on at least two theories. If I advertised, and didn't specify in the ad that I wouldn't bake for gays, I've falsely advertised, and that has contract implications. Even if I didn't advertise, I've broken a law and intentionally done something to harm you.. If you can prove economic damages or any emotional distress that manifests itself physically, I should have to pay you.

Nobody will admit it, but this is all coming down to conservatives acknowledging that they have lost the battle against gay marriage

If they can't stop gays from marrying, they can still do their best to stop it from being a pleasant experience
I agree to the first statement, but it seems to me that the bigots (who are hardly conservatives) are really just stamping their feet and saying "well, fine, but I'm going to ignore it."

New Topics

Forum List

Back