CDZ What is the real deal with Trump's Klan history

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
What is considered the factual deal with Trump or Trump's family and the Klan? I am not sure what to believe anymore. Does the Donald even have a history with personal race relations good or bad?

What is considered the factual deal with Trump or Trump's family and the Klan? I am not sure what to believe anymore. Does the Donald even have a history with personal race relations good or bad?

He founded the Manhattan chapter.......once again........wait.........here it is!..........dolt!!

That, more so than what his specific history be (although on this topic, that does too matter), is precisely the problem with Mr. Trump as a Presidential candidate.

So his father was 100% for sure a klansman. Donald was never part of the klan? And Donald has a decent history with minorities.

His history with kkk, white supremacy goes back at least two generations and he has said very racist things.

Thing about Drumpf is that he changes what he says almost daily.

Yesterday, he said he would violate the Geneva Convention and order our soldiers to do the same. Today, he's scrabbling backward and sideways, pretending he never said it.

He'll change again tomorrow and there are lots and lots of reasons why this guy doesn't belong in the WH.

So his father was 100% for sure a klansman. Donald was never part of the klan? And Donald has a decent history with minorities.

" On June 1, 1927, a New York Times article reported that a Fred Trump, living at 175-24 Devonshire Road, Jamaica, N.Y. (the address listed by Fred Trump with the birthdate of October 10, 1905, on a 1928 passenger list)[13] was arrested and discharged after an incident with members of the Ku Klux Klan turned into a brawl with Queens police. The brawl reportedly consisted of over 1,000 Klansmen and 100 police officers, with Fred Trump being one of seven men arrested. An internet blog later rediscovered the article, and noted Trump would have been around the age of twenty-one. It stated "this is not proof that Trump senior—who would later go on to become a millionaire real estate developer—was a member of the Ku Klux Klan or even in attendance at the event. Despite sharing lawyers with the other men, it's conceivable that he may have been an innocent bystander, falsely named, or otherwise the victim of mistaken identity during or following a chaotic event." "

Fred Trump - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He ( The Father ) was arrested but no other proof was ever found that he was ever a member, and as for Donald Trump he is not a Klan member and his Daughter, her husband and their children are all Jewish so him being a member of the Klan would be impossible...

Ivanka Trump - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indeed. My father bootlegged whiskey and pulled time for doing so. I don't even drink the stuff myself. Trump is not responsible for what his father may have done.

" On June 1, 1927, a New York Times article reported that a Fred Trump, living at 175-24 Devonshire Road, Jamaica, N.Y. (the address listed by Fred Trump with the birthdate of October 10, 1905, on a 1928 passenger list)[13] was arrested and discharged after an incident with members of the Ku Klux Klan turned into a brawl with Queens police. The brawl reportedly consisted of over 1,000 Klansmen and 100 police officers, with Fred Trump being one of seven men arrested. An internet blog later rediscovered the article, and noted Trump would have been around the age of twenty-one. It stated "this is not proof that Trump senior—who would later go on to become a millionaire real estate developer—was a member of the Ku Klux Klan or even in attendance at the event. Despite sharing lawyers with the other men, it's conceivable that he may have been an innocent bystander, falsely named, or otherwise the victim of mistaken identity during or following a chaotic event." "

He ( The Father ) was arrested but no other proof was ever found that he was ever a member, and as for Donald Trump he is not a Klan member and his Daughter, her husband and their children are all Jewish so him being a member of the Klan would be impossible...

One should also note when Trump Sr was arrested and that address given Trump jr was not born yet!

One should also note when Trump Sr was arrested and that address given Trump jr was not born yet!

If the individual is not bright enough to know that then the individual should not be allow to vote, drive or walk out in public because there is enough stupid people in the world and it does not need another blithering idiot...

Also when I wrote He I wrote ( The Father ) next to it, and then further down stated Trump has no connection to the KKK. What the father did before or after Trump birth has no part in Trump run for President and should not be used against Trump.

There is no real evidence to prove Fred Trump was a actual member and it is a stretch to claim the arrest is the only proof one need...

So in the end the nonsense about Donald Trump and the KKK connection is just pure bullshit and will burn the left more because of the fact as I have pointed out many times now his daughter ( Donald ) is Jewish and so are her Husband and Children, and there is no way Donald would be part of the KKK when that fact is introduced into the discussion...

Indeed. My father bootlegged whiskey and pulled time for doing so. I don't even drink the stuff myself. Trump is not responsible for what his father may have done.

I agree. Although, Drumpf does not agree that the son is not responsible for the actions of the ancestors.

You might remember that he ranted about Jon Stewart being a hypocrite because his ancestors changed their name. Fact is, so did Drumpf's.

Why is either of those the fault of those not yet born?

Drumpf is a fraud and liar and chronic failure. If his crooked daddy hadn't gotten money from his crooked grand daddy, Duh Donuld would be parking cars.

Thanks to being born to rich family, his sons will follow in his corrupt and fraudulent footsteps.

"He ( The Father ) was arrested but no other proof was ever found that he was ever a member, and as for Donald Trump he is not a Klan member and his Daughter, her husband and their children are all Jewish so him being a member of the Klan would be impossible..."

No proof? Other than the newspapers and the arrest. And, didn't Donnie say it too? He/they also have had strong ties to mafia/mob.

It doesn't follow that he cannot be kkk because his son in law is Jewish. Two of his three wives were immigrants, sends his own business to other countries, he hires almost entirely immigrants (and illegals) but is against most immigration. Or at least, he was this morning. That could have changed by now and will likely change again tomorrow.

So there is no proof his father was in the Klan.

Did Donald's father fight against or alongside the Klansmen?

This branding people with gang association is so right wing.

I was on the verge of creating a thread for this general topic, but this one has appeared, so I'm posting some of my remarks here. I had something more comprehensive and potentially enlightening to say, but I'll hold off on that for now.

My views re: how Mr. Trump handled Mr. Tapper's inquiry about David Duke's endorsement notwithstanding, I agree with that.

The thing that is clear to me and that I honestly don't think is clear to Mr. Trump is that by and large racism is one of those things about which the objects of racism's negative impacts have to trust that the historic perpetrator of racism have truly forsaken. Trust is something that like love, and more so than money, is earned, and the only persons who can say whether it has been earned are the ones called to give it.

If one has ever cheated on one's spouse or lover, one will immediately understand that. If one has ever experienced someone's misrepresenting the truth to oneself and one relied on what one was told, only to be let down later, one will immediately understand that. One will understand exactly what's going through the hearts and minds of minorities with regard to Mr. Trump's refusal to of late be less that patently clear on this matter of the KKK, David Duke and racism.

We know, just as Mr. Trump does, that having been married three times, having raised multiple children, having been many people's boss, there is no way in hell he doesn't understand what it means to trust someone and what it means to have that trust betrayed. And we know it doesn't matter what side of the situation he was on in those situations. He should absolutely know from square one what trust all about. Yet his way of handling this issue suggests that maybe he does not...this even while the very thing he's asking literally millions of Americans to give him is our trust in him as our President.

Well, I'm sorry, but "I disavow" doesn't cut it. Why not? What exactly is he disavowing? I don't know. I know what I can assume he's disavowing, but I don't know that my assumption is accurate. Why leave me and everyone else with the need to presume what he's disavowing?

Here is just one example of a very clear statement on the matter:
"Although I cannot stop racists, white supremacists, the KKK, David Duke or anyone from voting for me or supporting my candidacy, I want to be clear: I do not want or seek anything of any sort from any of those folks. If elected, I will do nothing to purposefully aid in achieving anything -- not general policies, not specific laws, not portions or provisions of laws -- that racists want to see achieved. If they get anything they like or want during the term of my Presidency, it's purely coincidental; their interest will not ever be a consideration in designing, enacting or enforcing any policies I support, propose or enforce. Period."​

Now Mr. Trump can plagiarize my words above if he wants to. He can create is own. The key is that whatever statement he makes must be one that leaves no "wiggle room" whatsoever. From that point forward, all Mr. Trump would have to do is live up to his words.

Mr. Trump has "wiggle roomed" himself up and down the campaign trail since the day he announced his candidacy. He knows that just as surely as everyone does. Well, the matter of racism is one topic whereof there is no national tolerance for equivocation; thus there is no need for it. It is the one topic on which one has to take a stand, make a stand, and leave not one iota of doubt where one stands.

Now I realize that for some political candidates, the stand they would make may land somewhere between flat out racist and the polar opposite of flat out racist. I don't cotton to support or encourage middle-ground positions on this matter, but if that's where they stand, and someone else stands at a slightly different place in the middle-ground, then it just is. I have no control over that; all I can do is say what I think of it, and say it I will. Regardless of the place whereupon either of them stands, everybody and their brother, their worst enemy, their best friend, even their housecat, had best be able to tell with nary a shadow of doubt how those two middles differ. And the reason for that is this: ain't nobody gonna trust neither one of 'em on that or much else if they aren't perfectly plain and clear about where they stand. For a political office seeker, it's that simple.

This branding people with gang association is so right wing.

I was on the verge of creating a thread for this general topic, but this one has appeared, so I'm posting some of my remarks here. I had something more comprehensive and potentially enlightening to say, but I'll hold off on that for now.

My views re: how Mr. Trump handled Mr. Tapper's inquiry about David Duke's endorsement notwithstanding, I agree with that.

The thing that is clear to me and that I honestly don't think is clear to Mr. Trump is that by and large racism is one of those things about which the objects of racism's negative impacts have to trust that the historic perpetrator of racism have truly forsaken. Trust is something that like love, and more so than money, is earned, and the only persons who can say whether it has been earned are the ones called to give it.

If one has ever cheated on one's spouse or lover, one will immediately understand that. If one has ever experienced someone's misrepresenting the truth to oneself and one relied on what one was told, only to be let down later, one will immediately understand that. One will understand exactly what's going through the hearts and minds of minorities with regard to Mr. Trump's refusal to of late be less that patently clear on this matter of the KKK, David Duke and racism.

We know, just as Mr. Trump does, that having been married three times, having raised multiple children, having been many people's boss, there is no way in hell he doesn't understand what it means to trust someone and what it means to have that trust betrayed. And we know it doesn't matter what side of the situation he was on in those situations. He should absolutely know from square one what trust all about. Yet his way of handling this issue suggests that maybe he does not...this even while the very thing he's asking literally millions of Americans to give him is our trust in him as our President.

Well, I'm sorry, but "I disavow" doesn't cut it. Why not? What exactly is he disavowing? I don't know. I know what I can assume he's disavowing, but I don't know that my assumption is accurate. Why leave me and everyone else with the need to presume what he's disavowing?

Here is just one example of a very clear statement on the matter:
"Although I cannot stop racists, white supremacists, the KKK, David Duke or anyone from voting for me or supporting my candidacy, I want to be clear: I do not want or seek anything of any sort from any of those folks. If elected, I will do nothing to purposefully aid in achieving anything -- not general policies, not specific laws, not portions or provisions of laws -- that racists want to see achieved. If they get anything they like or want during the term of my Presidency, it's purely coincidental; their interest will not ever be a consideration in designing, enacting or enforcing any policies I support, propose or enforce. Period."​

Now Mr. Trump can plagiarize my words above if he wants to. He can create is own. The key is that whatever statement he makes must be one that leaves no "wiggle room" whatsoever. From that point forward, all Mr. Trump would have to do is live up to his words.

Mr. Trump has "wiggle roomed" himself up and down the campaign trail since the day he announced his candidacy. He knows that just as surely as everyone does. Well, the matter of racism is one topic whereof there is no national tolerance for equivocation; thus there is no need for it. It is the one topic on which one has to take a stand, make a stand, and leave not one iota of doubt where one stands.

Now I realize that for some political candidates, the stand they would make may land somewhere between flat out racist and the polar opposite of flat out racist. I don't cotton to support or encourage middle-ground positions on this matter, but if that's where they stand, and someone else stands at a slightly different place in the middle-ground, then it just is. I have no control over that; all I can do is say what I think of it, and say it I will. Regardless of the place whereupon either of them stands, everybody and their brother, their worst enemy, their best friend, even their housecat, had best be able to tell with nary a shadow of doubt how those two middles differ. And the reason for that is this: ain't nobody gonna trust neither one of 'em on that or much else if they aren't perfectly plain and clear about where they stand. For a political office seeker, it's that simple.
Hes just stubbornly refusing to be politically corrected.

Some people find being politically corrected, soul destroying. Hes not a hater. He just cant stand being dominated.

Forum List

Back