What is the purpose of government?

What is the primary purpose of government?

• To take care of people, to ensure we have to access to our basic needs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To protect our freedom to live as we want

Votes: 13 100.0%

• Total voters
Dude, I don't know of anyone out there that can hold the government accountable and enforce those constitutional guarantees, do you?

You reply to daniel as though he's said something - as though there's something to reply to. But there never is. Look closely at his posts. He's just regurgitating the same senseless quips and phrases over and over again. They rarely have anything, at all, to do with the topic. Yet people fill in the blanks and respond to his posts anyway. He's just trolling.

Sometimes I can't help but screw with his head just to let him know his repetitive B.S. is meaningless and not even people who hold the same views as he does want to be associated with him.
the right wing has nothing but repeal, not any valid arguments.

Piss off troll.
...see. That Proves it.
Piss off, troll.

Dude, I don't know of anyone out there that can hold the government accountable and enforce those constitutional guarantees, do you?

You reply to daniel as though he's said something - as though there's something to reply to. But there never is. Look closely at his posts. He's just regurgitating the same senseless quips and phrases over and over again. They rarely have anything, at all, to do with the topic. Yet people fill in the blanks and respond to his posts anyway. He's just trolling.

Sometimes I can't help but screw with his head just to let him know his repetitive B.S. is meaningless and not even people who hold the same views as he does want to be associated with him.
the right wing has nothing but repeal, not any valid arguments.

Piss off troll.
...see. That Proves it.

Piss off troll.

What is the purpose of government?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.-- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

You can't have it both ways. To the extent that government is your caretaker, it is your master.

Property rights are the bedrock to a successful enterprise system. Someone must make the initial distribution of property. Military members kill lots of people, obtain property and then divide it up to deserving/undeserving party. Then commerce can begin to thrive where property rights are clearly defined. The remaining government is just residual. Once the property is divided up there is no longer a need for government.

It is way more complicated than all of that but I do think governments are necessary at the inception of a nation.

You can't have it both ways.

why not?

It's the nature of dependency. If you depend on someone else for your needs, they have control over you. Everything has its price.
...we pay taxes for a variety of things....we have the power to vote jackasses out ,that use those taxes idiotically
..please give examples of dependency

Roads, courts and police protection

why not?

It's the nature of dependency. If you depend on someone else for your needs, they have control over you. Everything has its price.
...we pay taxes for a variety of things....we have the power to vote jackasses out ,that use those taxes idiotically

that doesn't mean they have control---like I said, we VOTE on a lot of these issues

why not?

that doesn't mean they have control---like I said, we VOTE on a lot of these issues

What does voting have to do with whether government controls something or not?

Forum List

Back