What is the proper method of dealing with crowd control ...

What is the proper method of dealing with people who have repeatedly disobeyed lawful orders to disperse?

Do you think the OWS are intentionally pushing police to the point where the only way the police can enforce the law is to do things which make for "good" anti-cop TV?

Is physically dragging lawbreakers away more appropriate than pepper spray? Some in-the-know have said no, that physically carrying people away comes with its own set of risks and liabilities.

the police not acting lawfully and no crimes had been commuted by those they assaulted

Don't be a good Nazi. Stand up when you know it's right. The Police work for us. It's interesting how so many have forgotten that. But why have they forgotten that? Years & years of State-Run propaganda is why. One poster here actually said he or she would gladly take a beating from a Cop if it meant pleasing the Cop. Now how does that kind of mind-set happen? Has to be the many years of propaganda. 'The State is always right and will always take care of you.' I guess that's what it's about. But that's just a fairy tale. Guess what? The State is often wrong and doesn't give a shit about you. That's the reality. So don't bow to the Police. They work for you.

Last edited:
I'm sorry you cant get past emoting and move towards objectivity. But whatchagonnado? :dunno:

You're right. My bad.

Why did she apologize.

Give me a break, are you telling me you don't understand the concept of image and politically correct response in an attempt to diffuse the situation and personally distance onesself? :eusa_eh:

Good grief...where did that burst of cynicism come from?

You're right. My bad.

Why did she apologize.

Give me a break, are you telling me you don't understand the concept of image and politically correct response in an attempt to diffuse the situation and personally distance onesself? :eusa_eh:

Good grief.... where did the lack of understanding reality come from? :eusa_eh:

You're right. My bad.

Why did she apologize.

/he said politely

It's an honest question, I guess it still surprises me that people refuse to look at all potential real motivational factors because it doesn't fit their paradigm.

Never forget the Police work for us. I don't understand why so many have forgotten this. We don't need to fear them or bow to them. More people just need to start standing up. And always always have your own recording equipment handy. You'll likely need it. They wont hesitate to file a false police report. Don't let it be your word against their's. Because you'll lose that every time. Have your own recorded proof.

You're right. My bad.

Why did she apologize.

He's been like this since his sleep schedule got disrupted. This makes me a sad panda, because up until very recently, he bought a lot of humor and wit to this board. I'm hoping the change is temporary.

What is the proper method of dealing with people who have repeatedly disobeyed lawful orders to disperse?

Do you think the OWS are intentionally pushing police to the point where the only way the police can enforce the law is to do things which make for "good" anti-cop TV?

Is physically dragging lawbreakers away more appropriate than pepper spray? Some in-the-know have said no, that physically carrying people away comes with its own set of risks and liabilities.

They weren't dealing with crowd control, the students were just sitting there.

Maybe you meant coward control as in getting cowardly cops under control.

Good grief.... where did the lack of understanding reality come from? :eusa_eh:

Sorry, I suppose I should have used the :sarcasm: smiley.
Since I don't use smilies I'll just put this up instead :boobies:

Did the kids disperse after they were sprayed?

Instead of pepper spray why didn't they use water from a fire hose? Of course, that's more cumbersome and more expense . . . .

If a cop tells you to move and you don't, doesn't the cop have the authority to make you move?

How long were the kids 'just sitting' there? Is there a time limit on how long they can 'just sit' there? Were they interfering with anyone or anything? If not, why make them move in the first place?
Why not just arrest them instead of using unneeded physical force on them?

Damn, my kids are in college. My niece goes to UC....I'd be fucking melting down if they got treated thusly for nothing more than a sit in.

He's been like this since his sleep schedule got disrupted. This makes me a sad panda, because up until very recently, he bought a lot of humor and wit to this board. I'm hoping the change is temporary.

I'm the messenger so it's okay to shoot me........... :eusa_eh:
So you're telling me you have no concept of what the human motivational factors are. They can be boiled down to two categories, ideology and self interest. Self interest can also be exhibited in the so called selflessness of acts since such acts generally provide the giver with a sense of well being.
It's basic psychology. :dunno:

So you're telling me you have no concept of what the human motivational factors are. They can be boiled down to two categories, ideology and self interest. Self interest can also be exhibited in the so called selflessness of acts since such acts generally provide the giver with a sense of well being.

In that case, can any selfless act be truly devoid of self-interest?

They weren't dealing with crowd control, the students were just sitting there.

Maybe you meant coward control as in getting cowardly cops under control.

No, pretty sure that's not what I meant. But thank you for trying.

Baton, tazer, water cannon, waterboarding, rubber bullets, K9s, - all good.

I don't believe you mean that. I can't.

Not for crowd control in American cities. My kid lives in NYC.

Move the Police far away from the protests. Them showing up in their 'Call of Duty' Military outfits only increases the chances for violence. The Police seem to be instigating most of the violence these days. Just keep them away and allow the People to protest in peace. Less Police presence will eliminate most of the violence.

I agree in principle, Ass-U-Me-ing there is a code of conduct, written or not, that the protesters by and large adhere to.

In that case, can any selfless act be truly devoid of self-interest?
In reality, when all motivation is factors are taken into account, no. It's the human condition. Understanding that is not being cynical, it's simply being objective.

Forum List

Back