What is the Possibility of Obama Declaring Martial Law and Suspending the 2016 Elections?

What is the Possibility of Obama Declaring Martial Law and Suspending the 2016 Elections?

• 100%: It's happening baby (9/11 Insider I created this one for you)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60%-99%: More likely to happen. Obama wants to king.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
I know it sounds crazy and it's exactly what they other side was saying before Bush left office. However, I have never seen such a combative and do-it-by-myself President. He was like this when his party controlled Congress and had Pelosi and Reid as heads of both chambers of Congress. More than likely Democrats lose the senate in 2014. With both houses gone and the majority of states lead by Republicans, Obama might start to act more on his own. If he passes amnesty on his own, there will be chaos. ISIS could get an attack through and it would be chaos. A number of items could fall into his hands!

"Never let a good crisis go do waste."

Obama could use the crisis as a power grab and declare martial law. Soon thereafter he could use this power grab to suspend election and remain in power indefinitely. Presidents (not just Obama) have shown and ability to bypass Congress and act unilaterally. Imagine what a President could do if martial law was enacted and there was no elections!

I put this happening in the 5% realm of possibilities. I think Obama is a narcissist, but I think he has checked out and wants his reign to end.

Obama could use the crisis as a power grab and declare martial law. Soon thereafter he could use this power grab to suspend election and remain in power indefinitely. Presidents (not just Obama) have shown and ability to bypass Congress and act unilaterally. Imagine what a President could do if martial law was enacted and there was no elections!
The odds of its are essentially zero......lodged firmly in the 'well anything is 'technically' possible, I suppose' territory. And as you pointed out, this is the exact silly nonsense that was spouted by the same conspiracy theorists just before Bush left office.

0 minus 1. :)

A) Congress would stop him, B) someone put a bullet in his head, likely from within the White House, C) he already knows this thus it isn't happening ever.

A) Congress would stop him,
Legislators have been proven to be ineffective throughout history in defeating a tyrant that has grabbed power. Only the head of the military could defeat him. Could that be why he is getting rid of the Old Guard?

B) someone put a bullet in his head, likely from within the White House,
First off I don't think you should state something like that about the President. Second, you would think that someone would have been able to do that to Stalin, Lenin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Castro etc. When tyrants grab power it's not as easy to take them out.

C) he already knows this thus it isn't happening ever.

I am just playing hypothetical, for personally think Obama is counting the days until he leaves office.

US has never had a tyrant. So your hypothetical is doubly so.

Can't swing a dead cat inside the White House without hitting a patriot. No one's gonna stand idly by if one's in the Oval Office. Are few things in this world I'm willing to die for, and I'm not a zealot or especially religious. But that describes more than a few people working at that level of the federal government.

This would never be a problem of more than a few minutes. Of the few things in this world I have faith in, I have faith in that.

Yeah they sunk all the earliest "dhs stockpiling weapons and ammo" threads in conspiracy theories as well.

I know it sounds crazy and it's exactly what they other side was saying before Bush left office. However, I have never seen such a combative and do-it-by-myself President. He was like this when his party controlled Congress and had Pelosi and Reid as heads of both chambers of Congress. More than likely Democrats lose the senate in 2014. With both houses gone and the majority of states lead by Republicans, Obama might start to act more on his own. If he passes amnesty on his own, there will be chaos. ISIS could get an attack through and it would be chaos. A number of items could fall into his hands!

I put this happening in the 5% realm of possibilities. I think Obama is a narcissist, but I think he has checked out and wants his reign to end.
Who here was saying that?

Fringe conspiracy nutters on the other side of the spectrum of the fringe conspiracy nutters that state Obama will remain in office.

The fact the question can be asked in our society reveals the answer.

With all due respect, GHook your premise is laughable. There is nobody on earth who wants OUT of the Presidency more than Barack Obama! He's been mailing it in for three years now...just hoping the world doesn't explode before some other person shows up at the Oval Office to take over for him. He'll be out that door like someone lit his skinny ass on fire!

Fringe conspiracy nutters on the other side of the spectrum of the fringe conspiracy nutters that state Obama will remain in office.

Yes, quite a few lefty nutters were saying that in 2004 and 2008.

Nutters are not constrained by their own or others political fantasies.

With all due respect, GHook your premise is laughable. There is nobody on earth who wants OUT of the Presidency more than Barack Obama! He's been mailing it in for three years now...just hoping the world doesn't explode before some other person shows up at the Oval Office to take over for him. He'll be out that door like someone lit his skinny ass on fire!

I have stated that a few times in this thread. I think he wants out. He is looking forward to hitting the million dollar speaker circuit. I predict he will be in the $20 mil a yr club in 2017.

I have stated that a few times in this thread. I think he wants out. He is looking forward to hitting the million dollar speaker circuit. I predict he will be in the $20 mil a yr club in 2017.

..but...but..income inequality!...redistibution!...the evil 1%.....

Bill and Hillary would take him out if he tried that.

The way Obama, Holder, and Sharpton are ramping up the black/white race division.

There could easily be a nation wide race riot in all of the major cities over a police shooting or beating of a black suspect.

Forcing Obama to put on hold the up coming election and declare Martial Law.

And the Obamabot liberals will say it's the right thing to do. ...... :cool:

Only thing I liked about lil' Bush was he was the first and only President I could stand watching giving a speech. Didn't have that ultra-refined oratory thing going on. More natural speaking style.

The way Obama, Holder, and Sharpton are ramping up the black/white race division.

There could easily be a nation wide race riot in all of the major cities over a police shooting or beating of a black suspect.

Forcing Obama to put on hold the up coming election and declare Martial Law.

And the Obamabot liberals will say it's the right thing to do. ...... :cool:

Easily, huh? And when it doesn't happen....what then? Will you admit that you didn't know what you were talking about? Or give us another excuse?

Forum List

Back