What is the NUMBER ONE reason why you own a gun?

• Because I just like to shoot things

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Because I like to hunt

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Because I like to collect guns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Because I want to protect my family from intruders

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Because I want to protect my property from the Government

• Because I want to protect my property in the event of a coup d'état

• Because I plan to kill someone

• Because I can

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I don't own a gun

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters

I tried wrestling deer down but I am unable to do it. It is easier for me to get them in my truck if I shoot them.

My reasons are many.

I like to collect guns.

I want to protect my family from intruders.

I want to protect my family and my property from the Government, should the need arise. (fear the government that fears your guns)

I want to protect my family and my property in the event of a coup d'état, should the need arise. (though this strikes me as being a highly unlikely event... Seven Days in May is a great movie, however)

Most importantly, because I can.

So I can commit quick suicide if I want to.

shock.gif

(note to self: be nicer to MountainMan)

I've always had guns...until recently. I had them when my boys were growing up, and when the babies were little, the boys' guns were my guns. They were kept in a safe and the key was on my key chain. They had a couple of shot guns, a pistol, and a couple of rifles.

When the boys left they took their guns with them, and I haven't gotten any since. My younger kids aren't trustworthy with guns in the house, even if they are locked up. At some point, the guns would come out, and the babies are lightning quick and very sneaky.

But I feel better with a rifle and a shotgun in the house. A shotgun in case anyone wants to bird hunt and needs one, and the rifle for whatever.

Believe me, someone who is contemplating suicide isn't affected by the niceness of others. Skyler was loved by many, many people, and many, many people tried to help him.

i own three guns, not because i want to shoot things, but because it is my right as an american. why not exercise it?

Guns are great. So are horses. It's weird how people who aren't into those two things are often ultra-critical of people who are.

Forum List

Back