CDZ What is the neutrality of this site ?

beagle9

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2011
Is it off balance or is it operated in a neutral balance that works for the promotion of all opinions without bias or interference unless violate the rules ? Is there a lean ?

Just checkin the opinion here, because it needs to promote neutrality always, and promote open debates without bias or interference unless someone breaks the rules. I think it does, but was wondering for some reason.

This site is a bunch of crazy nutjobs battling each other and making zero progress, and sometimes the needle wobbles but it's usually stuck in the center.
. Good answer, but not sure if it's zero progress. Ever heard of getting the word out sometimes is all it takes to light the fires ?

This site is very bias to the far right as most of its members appear to not like the government very much. Of Course, there's a few like me and some of the liberals here that do post in favor of our government.

Having no trust in government is hardly a bias.

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."
- Thomas Jefferson

Is it off balance or is it operated in a neutral balance that works for the promotion of all opinions without bias or interference unless violate the rules ? Is there a lean ?

I can't say whether the site itself is neutral or not. I can say that by my observations:
What role the site's managers and administrators have in that being the nature of discourse on USMB, I cannot say.

What role the site's managers and administrators have in that being the nature of discourse on USMB, I cannot say.

That's what the actual topic question is. And it's an exercise in futility, for we literally cannot say. We can say "the site is neutral" all we like but if we don't believe that we're prohibited from discussing it, so there's really no point to this thread.

That's what the actual topic question is. And it's an exercise in futility, for we literally cannot say. We can say "the site is neutral" all we like but if we don't believe that we're prohibited from discussing it, so there's really no point to this thread.

I think one can say that the site's moderators and administrators:
  • respond to member requests and do so equitably
  • accord respect to members without regard to their own political persuasion(s)
  • refrain from driving discussions in one direction or another
  • exhibit indifference with regard to political PsOV expressed by members
The OP's question has two dimensions: (1) that of the site's character accruing from the membership and (2) that of site's character accruing from the site's operational management. There's little if any neutrality and/or objectivity in the former; the latter seems pretty decidedly neutral. The latter seems to me usually objective, but I've observed instances whereby the moderators have opted to squelch or modify the nature of thought in the interest of "keeping the peace" or maintaining the expressed tone of a given sub-forum. I may or may not concur with the mods' decisions in some of those things, but all in all the mods don't exhibit extremes of asceticism in their decision making. That's about as it should be, indeed as it must be, in a forum dedicated to political discourse.

Forum List

Back