What is the motivation for this?

Damn, MJ, this does not look good for you so far... and knew about this? Did you? Are you stupid or are you a liar?

2008, Olmert sought a “full comprehensive peace between us and the Palestinians” — a two-state solution based on the 1967 borders. But the plan was never realized and Olmert was forced from office accused of corruption, which he denies.

“It was a killer for me, not only because of the opposition in Israel. I think that, by the way, in Israel, the majority of the Israelis would have supported my plan, had it come for elections,” Olmert said.

“But I had to fight against superior powers, including millions and millions of dollars that were transferred from this country (the United States) by figures which were from the extreme right wing that were aimed to topple me as prime minister of Israel. There is no question about it.”

Ecocertifmrl ,

You asked what Israel offered in a peace plan. You got an answer -- the Olmert Plan. It is a comprehensive, complete and very good plan for the Arab Palestinians. At the VERY least, it is an excellent starting point for further negotiations.

What's the Arab offer?

I said.

show me a peace offering from Israel.
You told me there are many.

I was shown to one which I am currently studying.

You claim it was good and rejected by the Palestnians. As you can see from the quotes I have posted so far things do not look like you are speaking the truth.

You claim it was ... rejected by the Palestnians. As you can see from the quotes I have posted so far things do not look like you are speaking the truth.

Actually I didn't. I said:

1. The Israelis offered a peace plan and specified one, the Olmert Plan.
2. That the plan was comprehensive and good for the Palestinians at least as a starting point for negotiations.

In order for either of those statements to be untrue you would have to demonstrate that the Israelis did not offer a plan or that the plan is not a starting point for negotiations. You have not done so. You've just deflected.

You claim it was ... rejected by the Palestnians. As you can see from the quotes I have posted so far things do not look like you are speaking the truth.

Actually I didn't. I said:

1. The Israelis offered a peace plan and specified one, the Olmert Plan.
2. That the plan was comprehensive and good for the Palestinians at least as a starting point for negotiations.

In order for either of those statements to be untrue you would have to demonstrate that the Israelis did not offer a plan or that the plan is not a starting point for negotiations. You have not done so. You've just deflected.
I didn't mean you, but you your we. No, I have a good memory of you people saying the Palestinians rejected the peace plan. Otherwise they would have accepted it and there would be peace.

But Olmert acknowledged that such leadership comes at a price. “I paid personally, dearly. But there was no option for me but to do what I did. And I know for sure, and I know the names, of the people that spent millions of dollars in order to stop me — from the United States.”

He was then asked if there is still time for a two-state solution. “There is time,” said Olmert, “but time is running out.”

He admits that Mahmoud Abbas, president of the Palestinian Authority, never said yes to his 2008 proposal, but also insists that he never said no.

“So why not reintroduce this plan again, and present the challenge to the Palestinians?” asked Olmert.

He said he hoped his successor, Netanyahu, would adopt his peace proposal — which included the division of Jerusalem, which both Israelis and Palestinians claim as their capital — but that so far this had not happened.

“The fact is that we don’t negotiate with the Palestinians. And the fact is that we have not proposed anything,” he said.

:popcorn:

But Olmert acknowledged that such leadership comes at a price. “I paid personally, dearly. But there was no option for me but to do what I did. And I know for sure, and I know the names, of the people that spent millions of dollars in order to stop me — from the United States.”

He was then asked if there is still time for a two-state solution. “There is time,” said Olmert, “but time is running out.”

He admits that Mahmoud Abbas, president of the Palestinian Authority, never said yes to his 2008 proposal, but also insists that he never said no.

“So why not reintroduce this plan again, and present the challenge to the Palestinians?” asked Olmert.

He said he hoped his successor, Netanyahu, would adopt his peace proposal — which included the division of Jerusalem, which both Israelis and Palestinians claim as their capital — but that so far this had not happened.

“The fact is that we don’t negotiate with the Palestinians. And the fact is that we have not proposed anything,” he said.

:popcorn:

The :asshole: Either can’t read or refuses to acknowledge that Abbas admits he rejected the plan and he can’t come up with a plan that the Palestinians proposed but was rejected by Israel

And thank you, once again for demonstrating your "objective neutrality" by labeling us as mentally ill and infantile because we happen to believe that Israel should have self-determination, like all other peoples.

Sadly Shusha, the majority of your post is a blind, one sided comment that chooses to ignore the OTHER Team Israel members who, well, can be shown to deflect and not answer. They can also be accused of emojis, personal insults, stupid talking points, duck and ALL CAPS. 'Member' being a classic who comments in such a ridiculous way that they are virtually impossible to read!

However, let me clarify, once again, my standing....

I have no issues with Israel having self-determination, like all other peoples.

Just a shame that those same sentiments cannot be applied to the majority of Team Israel in relation to Palestine!

Forum List

Back