What is the most outrageous scare tactic the Dums will use?

Today Obama said if a deal is not reached social security checks will be stopped. That's an outrageous lie told for obvious political reasons.
What other lies will the Dums tell to scare people into pressuring the GOP for a deal, any deal?

I think, "Our soldiers will be left on the battlefield with no supplies and will be slaughtered mercilessly because of Speaker Boehner" is certainly a possibility.

I thought the one about the Social Security checks was a real good one except it kind of went against all the old “Lock Box” concept that Al Gore campaigned on back when Bush wanted to reform Social Security.

The lockbox concept was nonsensical. You have to invest the trust fund for the interest. That's the whole point.

If you are you saying that Al Gore was spouting nonsense, welcome to the club. However, my distrust of Bush began when he started talking about the 'lock box.'

Today Obama said if a deal is not reached social security checks will be stopped. That's an outrageous lie told for obvious political reasons.
What other lies will the Dums tell to scare people into pressuring the GOP for a deal, any deal?

I think, "Our soldiers will be left on the battlefield with no supplies and will be slaughtered mercilessly because of Speaker Boehner" is certainly a possibility.

Ok, so what really happens? if Obama was lying. What would really go unpaid if the debt limit date passed and the treasury only had half of what it needed to pay the bills that came due?

Social Security and medicare have SPECIFIC taxes paid monthly to them. That money can not be diverted legally without an act of Congress. Using excess funds and replacing them with treasury Bonds is one thing, stealing the money from the recipients is another. Those two must be paid from the tax receipts paid into those funds. If there is no surplus the Government can not stop payment to divert those funds.

he's such a "dick"

The truth. But people don't want to hear the truth, do they?

They'd rather listen to AM Radio screaming about the Kenyan in chief and his death panels coming to your hometown, wouldn't they?

BTW... did you hear the interview? He didn't say he was going to stop SS checks. Probably your AM Radio Conscience told you that. What he actually said was " if a deal isn't reached, he couldn't GUARANTEE that the checks would go out, as there may not be enough money in the coffers".

Nothing like questioning what lie is going to be used by using a lie to question it. You guys are lower than whale shit, you do realize that, right?

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? "If you don't pay your protection money, we can't GUARANTEE that your restaurant won't burn down."

It's the Chicago way.

I think Obama should tell people that if the Debt extension isn't settled that it will lead to Death Panels and might jeopardize Sarah Palins baby

They'd rather listen to AM Radio screaming about the Kenyan in chief and his death panels coming to your hometown, wouldn't they?

BTW... did you hear the interview? He didn't say he was going to stop SS checks. Probably your AM Radio Conscience told you that. What he actually said was " if a deal isn't reached, he couldn't GUARANTEE that the checks would go out, as there may not be enough money in the coffers".

Nothing like questioning what lie is going to be used by using a lie to question it. You guys are lower than whale shit, you do realize that, right?

So, he was using fear to get his way then ?

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? "If you don't pay your protection money, we can't GUARANTEE that your restaurant won't burn down."

It's the Chicago way.

Its the Chicago way.

blah blah...end result, the republicans knew the ceiling would be raised. Its just a question of them getting as much as they can before it happened.

It looks like they aint getting shit though, so I say, go Obama! OH and raised the taxes on the top 1%. Fuck them, its time to pay back. That and end the loopholes for taxes on big business. Again, its time to pay back.

blah blah...end result, the republicans knew the ceiling would be raised. Its just a question of them getting as much as they can before it happened.

It looks like they aint getting shit though, so I say, go Obama! OH and raised the taxes on the top 1%. Fuck them, its time to pay back. That and end the loopholes for taxes on big business. Again, its time to pay back.

And there you have it, class envy at its finest and ugliest.
Fuck the rich.
It doesn't matter that raising taxes on them will not solve the budget crisis. That isn't the goal. The goal is to fuck over someone. If it hurts everyone else in the process, well too bad.

Thanks Zona. Your idiotic posts have finally served a purpose.

It's the Chicago way.

You really think that's what the GOP ISN'T doing? let's see.... no cuts to defense, no revenue increases... all they are offering up is to reduce the debt directly on the backs of the middle class and elderly. Can't piss off the Billionaires, can we? Otherwise, we'll destroy the economy....again.

the amazing thing is... Obama offered up $4 TRILLION in cuts, if only the GOP would eliminate some loopholes. That's a sweet deal for everyone(except, of course for people that need services that would be cut). But your side is so obsessed(to the point of religious fervor), that they can't see a good deal when it's sitting right in front of them anymore.

But you know what the problem is? If they would have accepted Obama's deal... then it would have been Obama's debt reduction plan... they couldn't have that, could they? Politics before country.

Fuck the rich.
It doesn't matter that raising taxes on them will not solve the budget crisis. That isn't the goal. The goal is to fuck over someone. If it hurts everyone else in the process, well too bad.

yeah... fuck the poor... fuck the elderly... fuck the middle class... oh yeah.. I forgot... we've been playing that game for 30 years.

Fuck the rich.

yeah... fuck the poor... fuck the elderly... fuck the middle class... oh yeah.. I forgot... we've been playing that game for 30 years.

Who wrote that? Only you.

Fuck the rich.

What do you call drastic cuts to social security and the dismantling of Medicare into a voucher program that is going to cost people already on a fixed income significantly more out of pocket expense to be covered? Combine that with an out and out refusal to even eliminate ridiculous loopholes in the tax code that only the extremely wealthy can take advantage of.... yeah... I'd say that it's quite a few people more than "only me", and also quite accurate.

You just summed up this assholes entire presidency, PAYBACK....... :clap2:

What do you call drastic cuts to social security and the dismantling of Medicare into a voucher program that is going to cost people already on a fixed income significantly more out of pocket expense to be covered? Combine that with an out and out refusal to even eliminate ridiculous loopholes in the tax code that only the extremely wealthy can take advantage of.... yeah... I'd say that it's quite a few people more than "only me", and also quite accurate.

What do I call assuring the long term survival of a health care payment system, combined with incentives for people to produce wealth?
I'd call that a start.

But you admit that the Democratic objective is to screw people regardless of whether it will solve the problem or not. That's something anyway.

Forum List

Back