What is the most amount of money you would spend on a car?

nicoleivy5

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2016
Lamborghini Aventador shooting FLAMES in Monaco! (YouTube)

The most I would spend realistically is about $15 - $25,000. However if I was filthy rich and had millions the most I would spend is $400,000 on the Lamborghini Aventador LP700.
maxresdefault.jpg

One of the best looking and best sounding cars of all time

All a car does is go from point A to B. There are far better things to spend money on.

I don't drive that much and very seldom take trips. My 2006 Sonata has less than 86,000 miles on it. Thus I can not justify to myself spending more than $20,000 on a car. If I won the lottery I'd get a used Camry or something similar.

You know, I don't really care how much a car costs, I just care as to whether or not it will do the things I want it to.

To tell you the truth, something in the 15,000 or less (even used) would suit me just fine.

Matter of fact, on the Velocity Chanel, they quite often advertise a lottery to win 2 cars, one a classic, and one a super tricked out brand new car of the same brand.

This month? It's a classic 57 Corvette (black and chrome with red trim highlights) and a brand new 2016 Lingenfelter Corvette that generates over 650 horsepower at the back wheel. They also give you 45,000 to help pay taxes on the vehicles.

If I won? I'd keep the classic 'Vette, sell the new one, and pocket the money.

You know, I don't really care how much a car costs, I just care as to whether or not it will do the things I want it to.

To tell you the truth, something in the 15,000 or less (even used) would suit me just fine.

Matter of fact, on the Velocity Chanel, they quite often advertise a lottery to win 2 cars, one a classic, and one a super tricked out brand new car of the same brand.

This month? It's a classic 57 Corvette (black and chrome with red trim highlights) and a brand new 2016 Lingenfelter Corvette that generates over 650 horsepower at the back wheel. They also give you 45,000 to help pay taxes on the vehicles.

I don't know if I could afford to win a free car. Don't you have to pay taxes?

All a car does is go from point A to B. There are far better things to spend money on.
like what
A jacuzzi
Turning the spare bedroom into a home theater
Skymall product catalogs.
Tacos
An italian suit
Water jet skis
Tacos
Directv NFL Sunday ticket
Twin dirt bikes
A Stintson cowboy hat
Tacos
An overstuffed easy chair
A pool table
A 70" UHDT Curve
Tacos
Mail order Omaha steaks
Roller blades
A grand piano
A Rush Limbaugh signature necktie
Tacos
A Select Comfort mattress
A heated toilet seat
Gucci brand dress shoes
Tacos
A Kirby vacuum cleaner system
A gas powered leaf blower
An Apple iWatch
Tacos..

I guess you didn't read the whole post. I told you that the contest not only gives you the 2 cars, but they also give you 45 grand to help you pay for the taxes.

I guess you didn't read the whole post. I told you that the contest not only gives you the 2 cars, but they also give you 45 grand to help you pay for the taxes.
Nope, missed that. Truth is, if I won a Countach I would probably sell it to enjoy everything on the list in my last post rather than pay $400 a month on insurance and thousands more on specialized maintenance requirements. Those cars were built for the rich, not me.

Nope, missed that. Truth is, if I won a Countach I would probably sell it to enjoy everything on the list in my last post rather than pay $400 a month on insurance and thousands more on specialized maintenance requirements. Those cars were built for the rich, not me.
real talk

Why else do you think I said that I'd sell the 2016 Lingenfelter Corvette and keep the 57 classic? Yeah, granted, old Corvette parts are hard to find, but they're cheaper (and you can work on the engine easier) than these computerized supercharged things that they have now.

Why else do you think I said that I'd sell the 2016 Lingenfelter Corvette and keep the 57 classic? Yeah, granted, old Corvette parts are hard to find, but they're cheaper (and you can work on the engine easier) than these computerized supercharged things that they have now.
Even the points are computerized...

You know, that's one of the reasons that if I was to get a car, my preference would be one that is pre engine computers (probably mid 70's to early 80's), because not only are they easy to work on, but if there is a nuclear attack, all you have to do is disconnect the battery before the EMP hits, wait until after the attack, reconnect the battery and drive away.

You can't do that with a car with a computer. The EMP would fry the motherboard and render the engine useless.

You know, that's one of the reasons that if I was to get a car, my preference would be one that is pre engine computers (probably mid 70's to early 80's), because not only are they easy to work on, but if there is a nuclear attack, all you have to do is disconnect the battery before the EMP hits, wait until after the attack, reconnect the battery and drive away.

You can't do that with a car with a computer. The EMP would fry the motherboard and render the engine useless.
I buy old cars and trucks so I don't have to use a digital millimeter with an RS-232 cable to see what resistor went down that powers the fuel supply interaction with the emission control, that controls the intake volume, that rubs the sores on my ass.....The cpu controlled cars are nice and expensive, but to hell with having to be an electronics tech to work on them, and all the extra tools you have to buy to do it..I currently have a 1992 Subaru Legacy that hums so smooth, you wouldn't think it's running....I just love old Joe...I used to rebuilt Triumph Spitfires, the TR-7 models, English soft top version...I miss those roadsters, and the 50 miles a a gallon............

Forum List

Back