What is the minimal amount of money do you need to be considered rich?

yidnar

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2011
Inside your head.
What is the minimal amount of money you need to be considered rich??and what %of taxes should you pay on your holdings and income ??:confused:

Is 5 Million Rich | Who's rich? It depends on which candidate you ask - Los Angeles Times

The rich may be different for John McCain and Barack Obama.

On almost every issue, the two presidential candidates have staked out opposing positions. Their contrasting views on wealth surfaced during their back-to-back appearances in Southern California on Saturday night when each was asked to define "rich."

Obama didn't hesitate. "I would argue that if you are making more than $250,000, then you are in the top 3, 4 percent of this country," he said. "You are doing well."

McCain took a far more discursive approach to answering the question but ultimately settled on a dramatically higher figure: "I think if you're just talking about income, how about $5 million?"

-------------------------------------------------------------

I suspect the dramatic difference in viewpoints comes from one having a privileged background and the other needing to take out "student loans".

One graduating 5th from the bottom out of a class of 899 and the other graduating near the top of his class.

Those differences account for dramatically different perspectives.

What is the minimal amount of money you need to be considered rich??and what %of taxes should you pay on your holdings and income ??:confused:

A flat tax is necessary. 10% on EVERYONE. No deductions.

Funny, when Eisenhower was president, taxes on the wealthy were 90%. Everyone had a job and a house and they could go to school. There was no deficit. He balanced the budget. The rich only worked harder. No wonder conservatives think of those as the "good old days".

Well-off, rich or filthy rich?

Well-off - income security.

Rich - money to play with.

Filthy rich - providing income security to an army of lobbyists and lawyers.

I try not to classify people according to their income. What they make is none of my business.

Is 5 Million Rich | Who's rich? It depends on which candidate you ask - Los Angeles Times

On almost every issue, the two presidential candidates have staked out opposing positions. Their contrasting views on wealth surfaced during their back-to-back appearances in Southern California on Saturday night when each was asked to define "rich."

Obama didn't hesitate. "I would argue that if you are making more than $250,000, then you are in the top 3, 4 percent of this country," he said. "You are doing well."

McCain took a far more discursive approach to answering the question but ultimately settled on a dramatically higher figure: "I think if you're just talking about income, how about $5 million?"

I suspect the dramatic difference in viewpoints comes from one having a privileged background and the other needing to take out "student loans".

One graduating 5th from the bottom out of a class of 899 and the other graduating near the top of his class.

i know what they consider rich what do you consider rich??and how much should they have to pay people like you???:eusa_eh:

Ok, so the average SS check is $450. mo., and a can man may clear about the same amount, so we are saying 45.00X12 mos. = $540. a year.

i know what they consider rich what do you consider rich??and how much should they have to pay people like you???:eusa_eh:

I should make at least $8,400. a month, or $55. hour.

even though there is a high demand for left wing stupidity the demand of the putrid insane shit comes from unproductive lazy bums..... so good luck!!!:cuckoo:

even though there is a high demand for left wing stupidity the demand of the putrid insane shit comes from unproductive lazy bums..... so good luck!!!:cuckoo:

yep, no one will say you would be a cocksucker if you blow me again, either asshole.:cuckoo:

Kinda depends on your circumstances, like where you live and how many dependents you support. Obama seems to think 250k and above for a couple is rich, but there's a lot of places where that ain't even close, especially if you have 2-3 kids. Like the west coast states for instance.

Come on Oreo, I thought you were smarter than this. How much revenue to you think this would generate? I'm not a big fan of Dick Armey, but at least his flat tax proposal made decent sense. He asked for a flat tax rate of 17%, but it also included standard deductions for single people, married couples and a standard deduction for each child. Of course, the biggest problem with those who support a flat tax is that they generally only want it to include what is considered earned income and not capital gains.

yep, no one will say you would be a cocksucker if you blow me again, either asshole.:cuckoo:
stick your monkey lips up to my ass and I will blow you full of shit ...APE....:razz::clap2::piss2::afro:

Funny, when Eisenhower was president, taxes on the wealthy were 90%. Everyone had a job and a house and they could go to school. There was no deficit. He balanced the budget. The rich only worked harder. No wonder conservatives think of those as the "good old days".

Nobody who was rich paid anywhere near those rates due to there being so many deductions. I would side with the flat taxers if they included reasonable standard deductions for everyone and all income was taxed at the flat rate, including capital gains.

Kinda depends on your circumstances, like where you live and how many dependents you support. Obama seems to think 250k and above for a couple is rich, but there's a lot of places where that ain't even close, especially if you have 2-3 kids. Like the west coast states for instance.
I agree with you .and in Kenya 100$ a week is considered wealthy.Maybe that':lol:s the the reason for Obama's view.

According to Obama rich is 250K.. I on the other hand think you need a net worth over 1 million to be considered rich and that is not even that rich.

According to Obama rich is 250K.. I on the other hand think you need a net worth over 1 million to be considered rich and that is not even that rich.
It's not that people don't pay enough in taxes....it's that the government spends to damn much!!:clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back