What is the meat of Obama's jobs bill?

Not if you don't reflexively scream dead before the gun is fired. Remember how convinced you already were BEFORE even seeing the bill?

:thup:
The gun has been fired to the tune of more than $780 billion....It didn't work.

And the best bullshit excuse that Obammy butt sniffers like yourself can come up with, is that there weren't enough vestal virgins thrown into the volcano the first time around.

You use a past tense on something that hasn't even been debated or voted for in congress.

amazing.

Like I said before, your learned helplessness is not an equivalence to effort. If you are convinced that the boat is sinking then go ahead and drown yourself instead of boring the shit out of the rest of us who are dumping water over the sides.

If he's talking about 780 billion, Shogun...he's talking about the first stimulus...which would be in the past tense. Since the stimulus now being debated is in essence just more of something that didn't work before...then why should we think it will work this time?

And the best bullshit excuse that Obammy butt sniffers like yourself can come up with, is that there weren't enough vestal virgins thrown into the volcano the first time around.

You use a past tense on something that hasn't even been debated or voted for in congress.

amazing.

Like I said before, your learned helplessness is not an equivalence to effort. If you are convinced that the boat is sinking then go ahead and drown yourself instead of boring the shit out of the rest of us who are dumping water over the sides.

Apparently, you missed the first heap of shit $780+ stimulus bill....That's your problem...In case you hadn't noticed, it was a towering failure.

The current steaming heap is all the same old crap wrapped around some new toilet paper.

If you're convinced that new upholstery on the deck chairs of the Titanic are all it takes to keep the ship from sinking, then you're even dumber than I thought...Which was already on a par with a bag of hammers.

Not really. But hey.. You are the kind of person to insist that steak tastes like shit if it's served from a democrat so... Your opinion must be considered as what it is: partisan tripe.

After all, you'd bitch about trying to plug the hole in the boat if you couldn't offset the price of materials with WIC funds and FEMA appropriations.

amazing.

If he's talking about 780 billion, Shogun...he's talking about the first stimulus...which would be in the past tense. Since the stimulus now being debated is in essence just more of something that didn't work before...then why should we think it will work this time?

Your insistence that it didn't work is akin to blaming seat belts for running into a tree. It would have NEVER worked for you people no matter how much worse the economy would have become without it because you seem to think keeping the bar just beyond reach amounts to a failure on Obama's part. Sorry to break your heart but the tea party talking points just don't resonate with hungry, unemployed Americans.

How many people were Employed when Obama took office, and how many are Employed now?

What is the Labor Force Participation Rate, then and now?

What would Unemployment be if the LFP had remained at the same level?

Not really. But hey.. You are the kind of person to insist that steak tastes like shit if it's served from a democrat so... Your opinion must be considered as what it is: partisan tripe.

After all, you'd bitch about trying to plug the hole in the boat if you couldn't offset the price of materials with WIC funds and FEMA appropriations.

Funny you should mention shit, when you're the one who can't pull his head out of Boiking's ass...But, again, that's your problem.

Last edited:

amazing.

Your insistence that it didn't work is akin to blaming seat belts for running into a tree. It would have NEVER worked for you people no matter how much worse the economy would have become without it because you seem to think keeping the bar just beyond reach amounts to a failure on Obama's part. Sorry to break your heart but the tea party talking points just don't resonate with hungry, unemployed Americans.

Not to point out the obvious here, Shogun...but the reason there are so many "hungry unemployed Americans" is that the first stimulus didn't work. Which is why I question the wisdom of repeating something that didn't work the first time. That isn't a "talking point"...that's simple reality. I'm not following the seat belt - tree analogy. This is more akin to someone taking a left at a fork in the road and driving 80mph into deep mud...then after they got totally mired down...backing up and driving into the mud at forty mph. If you got stuck in the mud doing 80 you're not going to get through it doing 40. I'm going to suggest taking the right fork this time.

Last edited:
well, we already know that tax breaks for the super rich doesn't correlate with job creation so we might as well try a play from FDR's playbook rather than choke on a "market correction".
Irrelevant to the fact that the "jobs bill" is a sham.

As others have noted, the only "Job" the "Jobs Bill" is intended to Save or Create is Obama's. There is bipartisan opposition to the bill, just as Obama knew there would be. All he wanted was to be able to Blame Congress for the unemployment situation, which is why he publicly cried out for them to "Pass This Bill Now" more than 100 times in the past week. He's trying to lay down a basis for Plausible Buck Passing in 2012.

It will fool some people, but I doubt it will fool the majority.

yes and it will force a slew of dems up for reelection to conveniently be booked at another event when obama comes calling next year to raise money in their sates and districts etc. most especially after NY 9 and the Nevada landslide.

and let it be said; this jobs plan is almost an exact copy of a plan he floated in 2009 with his own dem congress who would not take it up because they ( dems) didn't want to.

this also puts paid to folks right here at USMB who argued with me long and hard that obama never actually said anyone making over 200k was "rich".

Last edited:
this also puts paid to folks right here at USMB who argued with me long and hard that obama never actually said anyone making over 200k was "rich".

Not Just Rich, they are The Rich Billionaire-Millionaire Private Jet Owners!

amazing.

Apparently, you missed the first heap of shit $780+ stimulus bill....That's your problem...In case you hadn't noticed, it was a towering failure.

The current steaming heap is all the same old crap wrapped around some new toilet paper.

If you're convinced that new upholstery on the deck chairs of the Titanic are all it takes to keep the ship from sinking, then you're even dumber than I thought...Which was already on a par with a bag of hammers.

Translation: When you have nothing deflect. :cuckoo:

amazing.

yeah....it's worked out so well for the taxpayers

The Obama administration's US $38-billion green energy loan plan-part of the first stimulus program-promised 65,000 jobs. So far, it has delivered 3,545 jobs at a cost of US$5-million a job. Major firms are going bankrupt.
How to enlighten Penelope on green jobs

Drink some more of your orange Kool-Aid

Not Just Rich, they are The Rich Billionaire-Millionaire Private Jet Owners!

yes and that 3 billion over 10 years they get back form the "jet" tax wouldn't cover their earmarks for a year either...;)

oh hey gotta go , my pilot says to turn off all electronic devices, see you in Gstaad....:eusa_shhh:

well, we already know that tax breaks for the super rich doesn't correlate with job creation so we might as well try a play from FDR's playbook rather than choke on a "market correction".

You consider families making $250K per year "Super Rich"?

compared to the vast majority of under or unemployed middle class, yes.

$250K is anything but "Super Rich"...

Thanks for proving the Kool Aid still works...

Would someone who is kindly disposed to Obama's plan and good with details please explain what kind of (and numbers of) jobs Obama's bill is supposed to create?

Why of course Amelia.. Refer yourself to Stimulus #1 and divide by 2. Almost completely INDISTIGUISHABLE between the 2 bills and the Prez description of them..

In fact -- we're gonna fix many of the SAME schools and roads and bridges that we fixed under Stimulus 1.

(Actually about 25% of Stim 1 was fixes to AMTax rates that was just delayed by Congress and is scheduled out over 10 YEARS) That's not by any definition "stimulus".

If that doesn't cut it for you. Watch ALL of the Rocky movies in sequence and tell me in a couple days what the differences were..

:lol:

Forum List

Back