What is the GOP position on Health Care Reform?

You can't hold the skunks up as the norm.

That insurance and medical services have become terribly expensive for some is as much a product of gubmint edicts as anything else.
OK, but they have also lobbied and contributed to politicians (in both parties) to get sweet deals that directly work against working people. Insurance companies wrote the rules that allow them to rip people off.

Who is harmed by removing the restrictions from selling insurance across state lines...What of that "interstate commerce" thingy??
I'd be all for that, I heard that's in the Dem bills (not sure). I'm not disputing that both sides protect their own when it comes to legislation.

Democrats are every bit as full of shit as Republicans. I just agree with them on more (NOT all) issues.

Doug

The abolition of state regs prohibiting interstate commerce isn't in ANY of the dem bills.

Hamstringing the insurance industry as much as possible gives them the boogerman they need to claim that only they can solve the problem.

I used to be gullible like you, until I learned to mistrust them all.

The abolition of state regs prohibiting interstate commerce isn't in ANY of the dem bills.

Hamstringing the insurance industry as much as possible gives them the boogerman they need to claim that only they can solve the problem.

I used to be gullible like you, until I learned to mistrust them all.
Why the "gullible" BS, I SAID I didn't know.

Doug

Pilgrim and the rest; ideas do not make a comprehensive health plan.

All I saw were ideas even from the web sites that were linked.

I agree with most of the ideas brought up but they are worthless unless they are part of a comprehensive plan. Once the plan is put together , funding , individual and government costs can be discussed. The total affect can only be evaluated with a total plan.

The Democrats have brought forth a comprehensive plan. It has been evaluated and criticized.

The Republicans need to do the same. NOT JUST IDEAS BUT A COMPREHENSIVE PLAN!!!!

Again Elmer, The republicans can not make any plans as they are in the minority in the house, the senate and the presidency. Their plans are blocked at each and every opportunity by the democratic controlled EVERYTHING, they can not offer amendments, nothing, they are not in control. they can not bring anything to the floor of either house for a vote.

Bush was president with a Republican majority for 6 years. They could have passed a 'plan' then. Had there really been a plan.

It's not bigotry. It's understanding how markets work. Businesses are out to make a profit. It has nothing to do with providing "the best service", it's providing the most profitable service.

It's bigotry. plain and simple.

No product delivered to a satisfied customer = no profitability.

Insurance is expensive and service is crappy because the anti-trust exemption carved out for them has allowed states to force them to provide services that customers don't want, and for them to fix prices within the several states.

It you be helpful if you knew what bigotry was. Profitability only means there are consumers willing to buy, not that their satisfaction is maximized.

LOL. Sorry, I just get tired of people who think that anything done by any corporation is good thing, just because it's nominally "capitalism".

Greed is definitely a part of free enterprise, but that doesn't mean that all greed, or extreme greed is a good thing. If "free enterprise" allows for babies to be denied coverage, or for working people to be screwed over after paying premiums for decades, maybe health care shouldn't be "for profit" in the first place.

It's not always lazy people who end up without insurance. It seems to me that the most powerful, prosperous country in the history of the world could work out a system where citizens didn't stand in danger of losing everything they owned due to bad luck.

Doug
You can't hold the skunks up as the norm.

That insurance and medical services have become terribly expensive for some is as much a product of gubmint edicts as anything else.

Who is harmed by removing the restrictions from selling insurance across state lines...What of that "interstate commerce" thingy??

That's not the skunks though. In the case of health insurance, it's the whole industry. It's the whole industry for obvious reason too: the insurance model doesn't work for health care.

I think insurance companies should not be allowed to cancel you if you get terminally ill.

I pay for my own insurance and would like for others to do the same.

Most workers haven't seen a increase in real wages in 30 years. Are you going to claim that most people are shitty workers?

Our raises are mostly based on company and dept. sales. My raise in 2007? 3.5%. My raise last year? 1.9% with no change in my job or duties. How much did my rent go up? 4.5% - yep sure did. And I live in a rent-stabilized apartment.

Forum List

Back