What Is The GOP Plan For The Recession?

rockefeller was the richest man in the world before we broke up his monopoly.
in fact he had retired 15 years before that happened.

spending an hour eating popcorn and watching the history channel hardly makes you an expert on trusts, rockefeller or popcorn. well, maybe popcorn.

Ok, I'll believe you and not the History channel. :eusa_liar:

rockefeller was the richest man in the world before we broke up his monopoly.
in fact he had retired 15 years before that happened.

spending an hour eating popcorn and watching the history channel hardly makes you an expert on trusts, rockefeller or popcorn. well, maybe popcorn.

I do however remember hearing about Rockafellor, JP Morgan and Carnege starting the Federal Reserve in 1913. That's when they became the richest men in the world. They gave half their fortunes to charity. Seems pretty noble until you realize they only gave up millions and ended up gaining back billions.

The same things happening today. People are now talking about billions like they used to talk about millions. Those robber barons of yesterday caused inflation, just like today's GOP did with all that spending. Remember the Federal Reserves had to print more money several times to keep up with Bush's war spending?

Many poor/middle class people were crushed by the robber barons of the great depression, just like today.

So to the people who are unemployed or lost their homes, it is not your fault. What happened to you was done by ruthless corporations and republican politicians who literally own this country and the political process.

Our founding fathers warned us of them getting too powerful, and clearly they did. Now let's reign them in!!!

Let's see if they own the Democrats the same way they own the GOP. I think the Dems will be much more labor friendly. The GOP does not respect hard work anymore. Hard work to them means blue collar and they only respect white collar.

how about if you read what i wrote and then maybe educate yourself instead of behaving like a child? i know it's tough, but you might learn something.
for the record, i don't give a rat's ass what you believe.

Ha! I did a minute of research to find out you were fucking WRONG Del! :lol:

In wiki under Standard Oil: Rockafellor was the founder, chairman and major shareholder, and the company made him a billionaire and eventually the richest man in modern history.

Next! :eusa_hand:

I do however remember hearing about Rockafellor, JP Morgan and Carnege starting the Federal Reserve in 1913. That's when they became the richest men in the world. They gave half their fortunes to charity. Seems pretty noble until you realize they only gave up millions and ended up gaining back billions.

The same things happening today. People are now talking about billions like they used to talk about millions. Those robber barons of yesterday caused inflation, just like today's GOP did with all that spending. Remember the Federal Reserves had to print more money several times to keep up with Bush's war spending?

Many poor/middle class people were crushed by the robber barons of the great depression, just like today.

So to the people who are unemployed or lost their homes, it is not your fault. What happened to you was done by ruthless corporations and republican politicians who literally own this country and the political process.

Our founding fathers warned us of them getting too powerful, and clearly they did. Now let's reign them in!!!

Let's see if they own the Democrats the same way they own the GOP. I think the Dems will be much more labor friendly. The GOP does not respect hard work anymore. Hard work to them means blue collar and they only respect white collar.

you "remember" lots of things that never happened. this is one of them.

Union membership has been steadily declined for 40 years at about the same rate over time, regardless of who is in congress. The reason is that while old, rust belt manufacturing is dieing and closing down, what new manufacturing we have seen is being established in Right to Work states, which is mostly Southern and Sunbelt states that are very union hostile.

Ok, I'll believe you and not the History channel. :eusa_liar:

Rockefeller got richer as a result of the breakup, incidently.

This from a bio I read on the man many years ago.

While he lost much power, he actually got wealthier since he still owned minority position is all seven sisters, as I recall.

They invented the Democratic Party.

As long as the International Bankers control the monetary system the Democrats will spend spend spend. As long as they own the monetary policy the country will be in debt debt debt regardless of the name of the party.

I think the Dems will be much more labor friendly.

If you believe that, then you can explain why "Dems" voted right along with the Republicans for the free trade agreements that moved our manufacturing to foreign lands, putting our working folks out of work; lowering union participation; and raising the unemployment rate in this country. Now, the States are begging the government for help from the lack of revenues.

LABOR FRIENDLY MY ASS...

-

Last edited:
If you believe that, then you can explain why "Dems" voted right along with the Republicans for the free trade agreements that moved our manufacturing to foreign lands, putting our working folks out of work; lowering union participation; and raising the unemployment rate in this country. Now, the States are begging the government for help from the lack of revenues.

LABOR FRIENDLY MY ASS...
-

Yes.

Hopefully, this administration might actually start asking itself if FREE TRADE (as currently practiced) is really such a good idea.

I doubt it, but it might happen if the american people finally wake up and start focusing on that issue as opposed to the nonsense they're typically fixed on.

----------------------------------------------------------------
sealybobo wrote: "I think the Dems will be much more labor friendly."

indago wrote: "If you believe that, then you can explain why "Dems" voted right along with the Republicans for the free trade agreements that moved our manufacturing to foreign lands, putting our working folks out of work; lowering union participation; and raising the unemployment rate in this country. Now, the States are begging the government for help from the lack of revenues. LABOR FRIENDLY MY ASS...

editec wrote: "Yes. Hopefully, this administration might actually start asking itself if FREE TRADE (as currently practiced) is really such a good idea. I doubt it, but it might happen if the american people finally wake up and start focusing on that issue as opposed to the nonsense they're typically fixed on.
----------------------------------------------------------------

And that ain't the half of it: the labor unions even recommended to their members that they vote for those free trade traitors, therefore, kicking themselves in their own ass!

you "remember" lots of things that never happened. this is one of them.

The Fed was a creation of the banking interests of Rockefeller, Morgan, and the Rothschilds. Not Carnegie. Carnegie was in steel, not banking.

Oh and to answer the thread: if the republicans were in power instead of the democrats, they would perhaps cut taxes slightly more than Obama's proposal, and rely on borrowing/inflating slightly more. Vast new spending increases would be tilted slightly more towards a military buildup than infrastructure, compared to the democrats. Existing spending would not be cut one bit.

Oh and to answer the thread: if the republicans were in power instead of the democrats, they would perhaps cut taxes slightly more than Obama's proposal, and rely on borrowing/inflating slightly more. Vast new spending increases would be tilted slightly more towards a military buildup than infrastructure, compared to the democrats. Existing spending would not be cut one bit.

Which is why Democrats and Republicans controlling both Congress and the Executive Branch is a bad idea.

Forum List

Back