What is the first sign of summer where you live?

when it doesn't freeze anymore at night and I can plant my garden. Usually around May 1st. That's here in Wisconsin. In Phoenix it just went from hot to hotter.

Yeah that humidity in the extreme heat sucks. It's sunny here today and it rained last night so this afternoon will most likely be hot an muggy. If I was up to braving the ticks and chiggers I could probably find some mushrooms.

I know, I just read an article about a lady who had Lyme disease. Geezus, I never knew the it got that bad if you let it go. Protect yourself from those bastard little ticks.

Buy some mushrooms at the store. :) they're inexpensive now.

We do not have much of winter where I'm located.

The first sign of summer is the gulf breeze we get at night and the scent of the salt air.

ramps...first real sign of spring here is the ramp....a wild leek...smell terrible but has a mild flavor when young and a bite from hell when matured more...we love them here have all kinds of festivals around them

ramps...first real sign of spring here is the ramp....a wild leek...smell terrible but has a mild flavor when young and a bite from hell when matured more...we love them here have all kinds of festivals around them
May apples are a sign summer is close also here. Have no clue what they taste like the deer love to eat them I',ve heard. The ones in my wild flower bed just came up this week.

The first sign of summer? what's that? Where i live we have only 2 seasons
HOT and not so HOT,,,,oh yeah,,,forgot to tell u, I live in Phoenix....it's summer all year round.

Forum List

Back