CDZ What Is the Downside to Christianity?

I have asked the question for years without a reasonable answer from non Christians.
Sure Christianity has been misused for power and control in history. But those events are lies unsupported by Scripture.

Non Christians believe the New Testament is a fabrication. But in order for there to be such an elaborate fabrication that ended up changing the course of human history there must be a motive for that fabrication.

Is the motive of Christianity to take your money? No.

Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7

Is the motive of Christianity to control your life? No.
One of the thieves crucified became a believer as he hung on the cross. He did not have to go to church or do anything except believe.

Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”
Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Luke 23:42-43

Is the motive of Christianity to get you to do something? No.
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9

I propose the lack of evidence of any alterer motive except that of simply believing combined with the detailing of significant personal flaws of each author and character of Scripture combined with the fulfillment of prophecies from the ages combined with the historical evidence validates the New Testament.

If I am missing something that brings the validity of the New Testament into question, state so.
The downside could be that it’s a false religion established by the devil, designed to separate Jews from G-d. To lure future hell dwellers down the path to eternal damnation with the temptation of a false prophet whose goal was to fool the righteous and the desperate into believing he was G-d.
It could be. But in order for that to be true you’d have to show the malice of the devil in creating Christianity. I eat bacon and lobster and do yard work on the Sabbath. I don’t think that’s going to separate me from God.

If you read the NT with discernment----you will find that
Jesus did not eat bacon or do yard work on Sabbath nor
did he advocate doing so. The "devil" did not create
Christianity------the romans did

I have asked the question for years without a reasonable answer from non Christians.
Sure Christianity has been misused for power and control in history. But those events are lies unsupported by Scripture.

Non Christians believe the New Testament is a fabrication. But in order for there to be such an elaborate fabrication that ended up changing the course of human history there must be a motive for that fabrication.

Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7

One of the thieves crucified became a believer as he hung on the cross. He did not have to go to church or do anything except believe.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.

I propose the lack of evidence of any alterer motive except that of simply believing combined with the detailing of significant personal flaws of each author and character of Scripture combined with the fulfillment of prophecies from the ages combined with the historical evidence validates the New Testament.

If I am missing something that brings the validity of the New Testament into question, state so.
The downside could be that it’s a false religion established by the devil, designed to separate Jews from G-d. To lure future hell dwellers down the path to eternal damnation with the temptation of a false prophet whose goal was to fool the righteous and the desperate into believing he was G-d.
It could be. But in order for that to be true you’d have to show the malice of the devil in creating Christianity. I eat bacon and lobster and do yard work on the Sabbath. I don’t think that’s going to separate me from God.

For what purpose?

Faux Christians

For what purpose?

EMPIRE---specifically ---the first reich
not a new idea-----the religion of Egypt solidified
the empire ----the union of the upper and lower nile.
The religion of Japan----solidified the EMPIRE.
The religion of the AZTECS solidified that empire

For what purpose?

Roman Empire existed and flourished because they let each conquered nation maintain its own religion and customs. As long as they gave allegiance to Rome.

In 72 AD Rome removed all Jews from Israel because they rebelled. No reason for Rome to fabricate a religion. Especially one that teaches we are all equals.

If you can be convinced that a guy 2000 years ago walked on water and his mother was a virgin, how hard is it to convince you global warming isn't real? They've always used religion to control the flock. Republicans have just taken it to a new level.

If you can be convinced that a guy 2000 years ago walked on water and his mother was a virgin, how hard is it to convince you global warming isn't real? They've always used religion to control the flock. Republicans have just taken it to a new level.
Just as Christianity does, overwhelming evidence points to the truth. Truth does not require lies to be believed.

For what purpose?

Roman Empire existed and flourished because they let each conquered nation maintain its own religion and customs. As long as they gave allegiance to Rome.

In 72 AD Rome removed all Jews from Israel because they rebelled. No reason for Rome to fabricate a religion. Especially one that teaches we are all equals.

AS LONG AS THEY GAVE ALLEGIANCE TO ROME<<<
that did not even work out for ALEXANDER ------the ONE
RELIGION CONCEPT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO----Rome
recognized that fact and made ROME the religion.
Muhummad recognized that fact and made his HOME TOWN THE HOLY LAND and himself THE DEMIGOD. The Japanese emperors knew it and even MONTEZUMA knew it.
The reason the romans could not tolerate DA JOOOS is because joos refused to recognize the RELIGION OF ROME. Jews also refused to recognize the religion of MECCA -------long long ago there was a bit of enmity against
jews in Persia-----because jews refused to recognize Zoroastrianism as THE RELIGION-----but the Zoroastrians kinda got over it. Hindus never interfered nor did Buddhists. Did I leave out ancient Egypt-----the king was the GOD OF THE NILE ----without him the river would not
do its thing

That makes you one of the people fooled by the devil, duped into rebelling against G-d without even realizing it.

Just as Christianity does, overwhelming evidence points to the truth. Truth does not require lies to be believed.

right----that's why DEEP DOWN-----EVERYONE KNOWS ---that the font of ALL TRUTH is------MUHUMMAD. (ask any muslim)

That makes you one of the people fooled by the devil, duped into rebelling against G-d without even realizing it.
So God will have nothing to do with me because I eat bacon?

by whom? If you wish to assert that Christianity has been misrepresented and misused by the writers of the NT----I might agree. OR---if you wish to assert that Jesus has been
misrepresented by the writers of the NT-----I would DEFINITELY agree with that one (based on what I believe Jesus to have been)
What in the NT is wrong that you think is a negative to Christianity?[/QUOTE

try to fix that query up so that it makes sense. I will try to
answer AS IF it makes sense. And I will make it simple.
The "Christ killer" libel is a giant historical FRAUD, IN DETAIL. It was created as a justification for destroying jews which was a very strong ROMAN ambition. Goebbels could not have done a better job----in fact,
Goebbels and his wife (saint magda d' cyanide) based
their beliefs and writings on it.
Another giant fraud is the "Pauline doctrine" artificially
supported by "JESUS SAID......." It's not your fault---
it's a ROMAN THING. (the romans got the idea from
alexander who was absolutely sure that the whole world
would be a better place if it became MORE GREEK)
That’s the point of the OP. Only distortions of the faith are negative.

Ah so that is the point of the OP.

Not "what is the downside to Christianity'
Honestly, put down the pot or the booze.

Honestly- stop trying to get others to give you pot and booze.

right----that's why DEEP DOWN-----EVERYONE KNOWS ---that the font of ALL TRUTH is------MUHUMMAD. (ask any muslim)
Islam as is all other religions prevent followers from hearing the message of Jesus. I on the other hand can walk into any other place of worship - if allowed - and tell my Pastor all about it without fear of being rebuked.

there is a jewish dictum------very important.
*** FIRST---in all things----DON'T BE STUPID***
really---true---it is sorta Talmudic--sorta
understood

Islam as is all other religions prevent followers from hearing the message of Jesus. I on the other hand can walk into any other place of worship - if allowed - and tell my Pastor all about it without fear of being rebuked.

can you try reading that paragraph and -----RE-WRITING it so that it makes sense? btw---what is 'the message of jesus'?

Asking you to clarify your point - which you are refusing to do - is not "derailing" your thread.

There's no need to get so emotional.
6 word sentence. I don’t teach remedial 3rd grade English. Either answer the OP or I report you for trying to derail the thread.

:lol:

Do you really think threatening me is going to work? Report away, I haven't broken any rules. You seem to be having quite an emotional breakdown.

Are you capable of explaining your point, or not? If not, I guess there's nothing we can do about it, and I'll leave you to play with your straw-men by yourself.

If you are trying to have a serious discussion (which is the point of the CDZ), there should be no reason why you can't tell us what you're trying to discuss.
6 word question and you blather on and on about it’s meaning.

Your frustration at that 6 word question is obvious. Not because you can’t understand it, but because you can.

Multiple posters have asked the same question- you have refused to answer it every time.

You clearly are unable to answer what the point of your thread is.
2 posters asked.

Many others can read English.

Three posters asked- and you danced like a dervish to avoid answering the questions- just a short sampling of some of us asking

Pogo

I hadn't figured out what the OP's point was but this is a good guess --- apparently he wants to know why the NT is not "valid", whatever that means.

Pogo

If you try actually reading the post ------- it says that I haven't figured out what your point is.

Or to put it another way, you failed to articulate it.

What in the wide world of fuck does "a downside to Christianity" mean?

Pogo

Actually what's obvious is that you can't articulate what your point here is. I asked you twice, others did too, and all you have in response is sophomoric put-downs and then declaring yourself a winner.

theDoctorisin

I will ask, as many others have - what the fuck is your point with this thread?

Are you trying to convince non-believers to become Christians? Are you just whining that not everyone shares your beliefs?

Exactly- thank you- what the fuck is the point of this thread?

theDoctorisin

No, I really don't.

Why won't you explain it? Are you trying to have a serious discussion?

It doesn't appear so.

Syriusly

Can't rebutt the incoherant.

Why are you so afraid to try to explain your OP?

Syriusly

What is the point of the OP?

If you wont' bother to answer the question- then this thread doesn't belong in the CDZ

Syriusly

The title of the thread is 'what is the downside to Christianity'- the question is what does that mean?

In your OP- you don't actually elaborate on that- you just make an argument that there is no motivation for the New Testament to be falsified- which has is a different issue.

Then you bring up the 'validity' of the New Testament at the end.

You are all over the place here- here are the three different concepts you seem to be raising:
1) What is the downside to Christianity?
2) What motivation was there to fabricate the New Testament
3) Validity of the New Testament

The content of your OP does not address the title of your OP.

So again- what is the point of your OP? I see at least three different issues listed.

That’s His Law, so yeah.

Islam as is all other religions prevent followers from hearing the message of Jesus.

Hell Jews can't stop hearing about the message of Jesus- you guys won't leave them alone.

Any Jew can walk into any church and ask about Jesus- without any problems. As can any Buddhist.

I don't know about the others- so tell me what happens if a Jainist asks about Jesus?

What evidence?

A religious person might say:

1. The Biblical God is real.
    There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those other texts, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimise it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

The Bible is historically inaccurate [2], factually incorrect, inconsistent [2] and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

See also: Visualisation of Bible Contradictions (must read), Argument from the Bible, Criticisms of the Bible, Consistency of the Bible, A Compendium of Disbelief, Deconversion: The Bible and A History of God (both must watch), BBC The History of God.

Origins of the Bible: PBS Buried Secrets, CH4 Who wrote the Bible? (a must watch).

“Properly read, the bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.” – Isaac Asimov

2. Biblical Jesus was real.
    There is no contemporary evidence for Jesus’ existence or the Bible’s account of his life; no artefacts, dwellings, works of carpentry, self-written manuscripts, court records, eyewitness testimony, official diaries, birth records, reflections on his significance or written disputes about his teachings. Nothing survives from the time in which he is said to have lived.

All historical references to Jesus derive from hearsay accounts written decades or centuries after his supposed death. These historical references generally refer to early Christians rather than a historical Jesus and, in some cases, directly contradict the Gospels or were deliberately manufactured.

The Gospels themselves contradict one-another [2] on many key events and were constructed by unknown authors up to a century after the events they describe are said to have occurred. They are not eyewitness accounts. The New Testament, as a whole, contains many internal inconsistencies as a result of its piecemeal construction and is factually incorrect on several historical claims, such as the early existence of Nazareth, the reign of Herod and the Roman census. Like the Old Testament, it too has had entire books and sections redacted.

The Biblical account of Jesus has striking similarities with other mythologies and textsand many of his supposed teachings existed prior to his time. It is likely the character was either partly or entirely invented [2] by competing first century messianic cults from an amalgamation of Greco-Roman, Egyptian and Judeo-Apocalyptic myths and prophecies.

Even if Jesus’ existence could be established, this would in no way validate Christian theology or any element of the story portrayed in the Bible, such as the performance of miracles or the resurrection. Simply because it is conceivable a heretical Jewish preacher named Yeshua lived circa 30 AD, had followers and was executed, does not imply the son of a god walked the Earth at that time.

The motivation for belief in a divine, salvational Jesus breaks down when you accept evolution:

“Now, if the book of Genesis is an allegory, then sin is an allegory, the Fall is an allegory and the need for a Savior is an allegory – but if we are all descendants of an allegory, where does that leave us? It destroys the foundation of all Christian doctrine—it destroys the foundation of the gospel.” – Ken Ham
Why there is no god

Forum List

Back