CDZ What Is the Downside to Christianity?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Weatherman2020, Dec 4, 2017.

1. oldsoul

oldsoul Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,316
    How about you just start here:
    Where?

And no I am not disputing your "assertions" I am simply asking you to back your words up. Was I unclear on that?

2. oldsoul

oldsoul Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,316
    So says you. Can you cite your sources? I ask because I am currently undergoing a decades long introspection into the faith of my youth, and attempting to reconcile that with the realities of modern life as I see them. Therefore, I would greatly appreciate knowing where you got this information so that I may further study.

3. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,195
    I did not memorize the NT chapter and verse with the NUMBERING system. Every time there is a line suggesting
    'the joooos wanted to kill him"----the book reveals a filthy slimey libel for the purpose of encouraging LYNCHING and
    pogroms and oppression and genocide Not so hard to understand from an HISTORIC CONTEXT------Constantine (head of nicean council) did enact a code of laws upon jews in "palestina"---for the FIRST REICH----that was later adopted (chapter and verse) by the emperor of the THIRD REICH. More news-----jews did not attend crucifixions as
    an ENTERTAINMENT as is suggested in the NT------
    crucifixion as an entertainment is a ROMAN custom. In fact
    the custom of execution as an entertainment-----persisted in
    your world for MILLENNIA------never was so in jewish "palestina" or in Israel/Judea. Do you miss public hangings?

4. oldsoul

oldsoul Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,316
    Why must you do that? Can you not help yourself. This WAS a discussion about a particular theology, then YOU had to bring modern politics into it. Shame on you. Not everything is about politics.

5. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,267
    LOL- I am not the hater who starts entire threads to attack those who do not believe in your fairy in the sky.

I don't give a damn which 'god' you chose to prey to.

I am concerned that if you suddenly lose your faith you will go out and start murdering people.

Because only your faith is holding you back.

Me? I am an atheist- and I have no urges to murder anyone. I don't hate anyone. I am not starting threads attacking the faith of others.

Why are you?

6. oldsoul

oldsoul Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,316
    You are actually quite wrong here. I, too, did not, and still don't understand the CONTEXT in which you ask the question. I refrained from asking because that question was already asked, and dodged. I saw no reason to engage in an exercise in beating my head against a wall.
    So, please, get to the context in which you ask the question, or simply tell us that you refuse. Either way, I really don't care. You are only making yourself look the fool for continuing to dodge the issue. We have asked for clarification, and you refuse (or are unable) to provide it. Either way, discussing this further without said context is a fool's errand.

7. oldsoul

oldsoul Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,316
    How about you just respond in a format that is the generally accepted norm, and dispense with the "da jooos" crap. Even as a non-Jew, I am finding it incredibly insulting and disrespectful.

8. oldsoul

oldsoul Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,316
    So, your saying you do not have/remember your sources. Thank you for your honesty.

9. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,195
    It is very difficult to talk to a person who FEIGNS ignorance-----
    something like "NO SPEAKA DA ENGLISH" I have been communicating with ALL SORTS of people during my lifetime-----both professionally and pre-professional school time jobs. The best say to know HOW to talk to a person is to understand a bit about that person's background. I have a varied background------having had close friendships with Christians of all flavors----from varied protestant, to quaker to
    eastern ortho---to catholic etc-----and people of all different
    religions----from Jain to hindu to muslim to Sikh etc etc and people with cognitive disorder with whom I HAD to communicate. I don't know anything about your background------so I will ask----did you ever read the OT or the NT? Did you go to any kind of Christian education thing---like sunday school or catholic school or madrassah?

10. oldsoul

oldsoul Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,316
    I have no idea how this even attempts to address my post, nor do I have any idea how this is even relevant. However, I will answer your questions:
    Yes, I have read most of the OT, and have read the NT more than once.

Yes, I have, unfortunately it seemed, even at the time, to be somewhat incomplete. Also, it was many years ago.